Windows 10: Cleaning unused drivers

Discus and support Cleaning unused drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I remember long time ago I used an app called GhostBuster that would remove unused drivers from Windows. Is that app still compatible? If not, any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by antares, Jun 26, 2021.

1. antares Win User

Cleaning unused drivers

I remember long time ago I used an app called GhostBuster that would remove unused drivers from Windows. Is that app still compatible? If not, any other suggested app that does the job? Thanks

:)

antares, Jun 26, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 26, 2021
  3. Toothless Win User
    Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Jun 26, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Cleaning unused drivers

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

Cleaning unused drivers

1. Cleaning unused drivers - Similar Threads - Cleaning unused drivers

2. Unusable account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unusable account: I am the administrator and I recently set up an email for my child. But when she logs in to her account on her laptop the screen is white and stays like that. It is still white and you can't use her account at all. How can I stop this?...
  3. Unused Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unused Partition: How do I move space from a NEW VOLUME E Basic Data Partition to increase allocation in Windows C: I am looking at the Disk management tool but unfortunately don't understand what to do with it. Thanks in advance...
  4. NVIDIA driver for clean install

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA driver for clean install: I'm getting ready to do a Win10 Pro MCT ISO USB based clean install on a Dell XPS 8700. The machine has an NVIDIA GTX 745 card. In preparing for the install I discovered there are three 451.67 drivers to be considered. I installed the 451.67 for the Win8.1-64 machine. I then...
  5. Unused Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unused Driver: Hello, my Programs and features List is showing a Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Version 19.0.14.1 that I can not uninstall because no file path exists. No Synaptics Folder in Program Files and no luck finding a driver download for reinstallation. Not showing in Device...
  6. ram unusable

in Windows 10 Customization
    ram unusable: my pc has 8gb of ram installed, but it says that only 5.90gb is usable. what does this mean and how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-unusable/4e487f67-b962-40c1-8b64-e709f3257740
  7. Using "clean slate" drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using "clean slate" drivers: Hello, I have an old computer that used to have a failing hard drive. I managed to copy mostly everything over to a new one, but when I tried to use the newer hard drive, it acted as though the drivers were corrupt.. Is there a way that I can revert back to the most default...
  8. Does "Remove files and clean the drive" option make your PC unusable?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does "Remove files and clean the drive" option make your PC unusable?: In the past, I have used the "Reset this PC" option because my computer wasn't running well. I have always selected the option "Just remove my files" since I was keeping the PC. However, let's say I wanted to do a "deep-cleaning" of my PC in a sense. If I choose the option of...
  9. Windows Update Nvidia driver installs unusable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Nvidia driver installs unusable.: I have a Quadro K1000M video chip set, WU in 9926 does not install a working driver. The only way to install a working driver is by going to Nvidia and downloading the driver and install from the file. This has happened twice with two versions. 4286
  10. Using A Friends Unused Product Key & Driver Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using A Friends Unused Product Key & Driver Question: Hello I am currently running Windows Vista on my computer, but would like to upgrade to Windows 10. I have a few questions. My friend, who has a Windows 7-running computer, is willing to give me their product activation key for their free Windows 10 upgrade. Would it be...