Windows 10: Cleaning up my desktop originally a emachine windows 7 now 10 pro 1803

Discus and support Cleaning up my desktop originally a emachine windows 7 now 10 pro 1803 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have not been using my desktop since I have purchased my laptop and I have been having issues with the desktop since even before the purchase of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dawn121988, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Cleaning up my desktop originally a emachine windows 7 now 10 pro 1803

I have not been using my desktop since I have purchased my laptop and I have been having issues with the desktop since even before the purchase of the laptop. I do have a hard drive size 464GB on the desktop which is over 50% full of stuff. I do have several flash drives not in use that I found laying around in my spare bedroom. I plan to place some TV show episodes on the flash drives as well as movies and music so I can remove them from the desktop.

I want to have it updated as much as possible but it just seams to be very sluggish for the past year or so. I do not want to completely remove everything from the desktop if I don't have to but I do want to clean it up.

Do any of you have any ideas of what I can try.

And if you give me some ideas of what to do please point me to the actual tutorials since I'm still kind of new to this.

Thank You!

Original desktop was a windows 7 then to a 8.1 now currently a windows 10 pro version 1803.

:)

Dawn121988, Dec 25, 2019
  2. NickSteel Win User

Query on Clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on Windows 7 Pro PC.

Original Title: Windows 7 Pro (from MS upgrade key) to Windows 10 Pro - Clean Install

My Gateway NV7923U X64 came with Windows 7 Home installed.

I purchased an upgrade key from MS and upgraded to Windows 7 Pro.

I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and then do a clean install.

• Will my existing upgraded Windows 7 Pro now upgrade to Windows 10 Pro automatically, or do I need to perform additional steps?
    • Will I be able to do a clean install and have Windows 10 Pro after upgrading?

NickSteel, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Dec 25, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Cleaning up my desktop originally a emachine windows 7 now 10 pro 1803

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Cleaning up my desktop originally a emachine windows 7 now 10 pro 1803

1. Cleaning up my desktop originally a emachine windows 7 now 10 pro 1803 - Similar Threads - Cleaning desktop originally

2. Emachines help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emachines help: I have a old emachines desktop and I bought a wireless adapter but I still don't even get the option to set up a wireless network or wifi is their a setting or something I might need ....
  3. Emachines help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emachines help: I have a old emachines desktop and I bought a wireless adapter but I still don't even get the option to set up a wireless network or wifi is their a setting or something I might need ....
  4. WINDOWS DRIVERS FOR RS4 1803 ON SURFACE PRO 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS DRIVERS FOR RS4 1803 ON SURFACE PRO 7: Is there a link where I could download surface pro 7 drivers for OS version 1803? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-drivers-for-rs4-1803-on-surface-pro-7/57d70016-4782-4745-af43-aaac3ffd0456
  5. Onedrive full, cleaned up, now most of my desktop items are gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive full, cleaned up, now most of my desktop items are gone?: I hope this is a good place to ask. I got a notification that my OneDrive was approaching "full". I rarely use OneDrive, so I was at a loss how it filled up. I went to my OneDrive account and found a lot of files that were years old, so I deleted all of them. Now my desktop...
  6. Clean Install 10 On 7 Pro Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install 10 On 7 Pro Machine: Hi- New here, but was a member on Seven Forums for years... I've a couple of questions regarding a clean Windows 10 (1909) install on a Windows 7 Pro based machine. I'm going to leave W7 on the SSD that it's on now, but remove SSD and install a new one for Windows 10....
  7. Windows 10 pro 1803

Windows 10 pro 1803: Hello Since upgrading to Verion 1803 my cd/dvd slot drive is not working. It is listed in device manager and have unstalled it and reinstalled but still not working. Have tried everything from research issue from internet and now don't know what to do but buy an external...
  8. Windows 10 Pro version 1803 update failure on my desktop PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro version 1803 update failure on my desktop PC: My PC is currently running Windows 10 Pro version 1703. I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version 1803 using the Windows 10 Update Assistant. The update process failed at 80% of the installation and provides error code 0x8007001f. The following is the error log in the...
  9. Cleaning up the DESKTOP SSD...

Cleaning up the DESKTOP SSD...: Windows 10 PRO with a 1TB 840 EVO. Here's what things look like in EASUS Partition Master. It may not REALLY be a big thing but it offends my sense of order to have such a goofy looking disk. Which of these parititions do I NEED, and how do I get them all together,...
  10. Upgraded to Windows 10, and now my desktop is now messed up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded to Windows 10, and now my desktop is now messed up.: I upgraded to windows 10, and after doing so, my desktop would flash and I wouldn't be able to open programs. I could open task manager and open programs through "run". I opened msconfig and disabled the services "Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel Support" and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2020 OLD EMACHINE COMPUTER GOT WINDOWS 10 NOW .COM