Windows 10: Cleaning up my PC

Discus and support Cleaning up my PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All,I have an old, but functioning, all in one Lenovo PC. It does what I need it to do, but it is getting slower. I'd like to clean it up, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NickSellick, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Cleaning up my PC

Hi All,I have an old, but functioning, all in one Lenovo PC. It does what I need it to do, but it is getting slower. I'd like to clean it up, but I don't know what I can safely delete, whether it is worth buying a clean up tool, where to go to find issues, etc.Can anyone offer some advice?I am not particulalry tech minded, so fairly straight forward options would be appreciated.CheersNick

:)

NickSellick, Sep 30, 2022

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Toothless Win User
    Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Cleaning up my PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Cleaning up my PC

1. Cleaning up my PC - Similar Threads - Cleaning

2. Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa: Hello,To say I am beyond frustrated with Windows Update is an understatement and I know I'm not alone from my research! Now that I got that out of the way...A couple days ago, my leading brand antivirus solution decided to error on an update which took out my previous Windows...
  3. Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa: Hello,To say I am beyond frustrated with Windows Update is an understatement and I know I'm not alone from my research! Now that I got that out of the way...A couple days ago, my leading brand antivirus solution decided to error on an update which took out my previous Windows...
  4. Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user: Hi I’m workin in this last months on Windows and behaviors around the user authentication. However to accomplish the main task I have i need according to some conditions to clean the user password or change the user to another one on the list available in the welcome screen....
  6. [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user: Hi I’m workin in this last months on Windows and behaviors around the user authentication. However to accomplish the main task I have i need according to some conditions to clean the user password or change the user to another one on the list available in the welcome screen....
  7. [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user

8. Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.: A few days ago, my laptop updated, but then failed to load windows. It cycled twice with a message saying failed to and windows was collecting some details. The third time it took me to a recovery menu. None of the the repair or rollback options worked. In order to use a...
  9. Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.

Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.: A few days ago, my laptop updated, but then failed to load windows. It cycled twice with a message saying failed to and windows was collecting some details. The third time it took me to a recovery menu. None of the the repair or rollback options worked. In order to use a...
  10. Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade