Windows 10: Cleaning Windows 10 Backup Files

Discus and support Cleaning Windows 10 Backup Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello team, I would like to kindly ask if I could remove the folders as shown in the attachment and how to go about it? In short, I used the Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Birhang, May 29, 2020.

1. Birhang Win User

Cleaning Windows 10 Backup Files

Hello team,

I would like to kindly ask if I could remove the folders as shown in the attachment and how to go about it?

In short, I used the Update Assistant to download the May 2020 Update -

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Can I go to the File Location and delete everything?

Cleaning Windows 10 Backup Files 8e0d6e1d-761f-4c94-99a9-5b8b4e26b05b?upload=true.jpg

:)

Birhang, May 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 29, 2020
  3. Trouble with Windows Backup.

i cleaned (i.e selected) everything, I suspect it was my post SP1 installation auto-backup files causing the problem, cleaned over 1Gb of system files and then windows backup worked without a problem.

2DividedbyZero, May 29, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Cleaning Windows 10 Backup Files - Similar Threads - Cleaning Backup Files

2. Clean up versions in Windows 10 Backup not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean up versions in Windows 10 Backup not working?: I have set up my Synology NAS as Raid 1 and backup my data to it using Windows Backup. I am backing up from 3 different drives C: is an SSD and the other 2 are internal hard drives and when I go to clean up old versions I get the error message "Could not clean up file history...
  3. Clean up versions in Windows 10 Backup not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean up versions in Windows 10 Backup not working?: I have set up my Synology NAS as Raid 1 and backup my data to it using Windows Backup. I am backing up from 3 different drives C: is an SSD and the other 2 are internal hard drives and when I go to clean up old versions I get the error message "Could not clean up file history...
  4. Clean up versions in Windows 10 Backup not working?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Backup/Clean/Updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup/Clean/Updates: my PC wont download the latest version of windows 10 it's saying my PC is running out of space everything I basically have on my PC is from Microsoft and windows so can't remove anything also it may be corrupted please help!...
  6. Is a backup mandatory if I reinstall Windows 10 clean?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is a backup mandatory if I reinstall Windows 10 clean?: I have absolutely nothing that is important to me on this PC at the moment and I want to reinstall w10 cleanly, but do I need an external storage device for backups or can I just use 1 external storage device for the w10 installation media because I don't have anything...
  7. Backup files in Windows 10

Backup files in Windows 10: Why do I get a daily message to backup my files in Windows 10 when it is set for automatic backup and it shows my last backup as having been completed? * Moved from Insider...
  8. Viewing backup files after windows 10 backup

Viewing backup files after windows 10 backup: Windows 10 backup facility seems to backup to my external hard drive but I can see the files after backup has finished. I have chosen not to hide any files but they still not there...
  9. Window 10 backup (File History)

Window 10 backup (File History): I am backing up my data on an external drive, 74,5 GB. I did change the folders I wanted to be backed up, and the file explorer shows about 38 GB free space, but the Backup options of the settings shows the size of the backup as 74,8 GB and the total space on the drive as...
  10. Clean Install then Recover Backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clean Install then Recover Backup?: Long story sort I kind of messed up my GPT partition table. I have backed up an image of my Boot partition only (C:\) and not any other partitions such as bootloader etc... So my question is, would I be able to start all over, re-format the drive from Win10 installation...