Windows 10: Cleanmgr.exe running unexpectedly.

Discus and support Cleanmgr.exe running unexpectedly. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; To make the situation easier to understand, basically I was using cleanmgr /sagerun:NNNN command to perform cleanup on remote server. Initially, I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by shianwei pang, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Cleanmgr.exe running unexpectedly.

To make the situation easier to understand, basically I was using cleanmgr /sagerun:NNNN command to perform cleanup on remote server. Initially, I will see the GUI of the disk cleanup pops up but then after some time, the Disk Cleanup program closed and disappeared. However, I could still see the status of cleanmgr.exe is still running for quite sometime in the Task Manager -> Details. If I relogin to the server, then only the cleanmgr.exe is removed from the Task Manager. What I'm trying to do here is, I would like to keep track once the cleanmgr.exe is no longer running in the Task Manag

:)

shianwei pang, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

/cleanmgr /sagerun in batch scripts

If you run those two steps on their own [without your batch file] you should see CleanMgr running & finishing without any human intervention during the second step [and the first step never needs to be repeated].

Best of luck,
    Denis

3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Cleanmgr.exe running unexpectedly.

/cleanmgr /sagerun in batch scripts

Martin,

I run SageSet as Admin. Perhaps that's what saves me?

Doesn't the dialog of checkboxes appear when you run SageSet:NNN?

Cleanmgr.exe running unexpectedly. [​IMG]

It's only speculation but, in case previous attempts have messed things up, check
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches
    for all StateFlags0096 entries and delete them.
    That, I think, should make the dialog appear again for SageSet so you can start again from scratch

Cleanmgr.exe running unexpectedly. [​IMG]

Denis

Thema:

Cleanmgr.exe running unexpectedly.

1. Cleanmgr.exe running unexpectedly. - Similar Threads - Cleanmgr exe running

2. Cleanmgr.exe running unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cleanmgr.exe running unexpectedly.: To make the situation easier to understand, basically I was using cleanmgr /sagerun:NNNN command to perform cleanup on remote server. Initially, I will see the GUI of the disk cleanup pops up but then after some time, the Disk Cleanup program closed and disappeared. However,...
  3. Cleanmgr.exe running unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cleanmgr.exe running unexpectedly.: To make the situation easier to understand, basically I was using cleanmgr /sagerun:NNNN command to perform cleanup on remote server. Initially, I will see the GUI of the disk cleanup pops up but then after some time, the Disk Cleanup program closed and disappeared. However,...
  4. How to Run CleanMGR to Automatically Include System Files

How to Run CleanMGR to Automatically Include System Files: I am trying to create a shortcut that will run the CleanMGR with all options selected AND include the System Files. I have found that running: Code: C:\Windows\System32\cleanmgr.exe /LOWDISK This will provide a prompt to the user. or Code: C:\Windows\System32\cleanmgr.exe...
  5. running .exe command

running .exe command: I am using mingw compiler. while i am running a CC++ program works fine program it compiles successfully but when i ran it i am facing a problem.I am getting that access is denied.I tried reinstalling but nothing has changed.I am facing this problem when i am connected to...
  6. No exe files will run!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. Running a .exe with no GUI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running a .exe with no GUI: I use Linux on my home computer, but at most other places it’s Windows 10. I created a Python script to ask the user for a password and if it’s correct it’ll display my passwords. This is obviously insecure because the user could edit the file and see all the data that’ll be...
  8. CleanMgr+ and old updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    CleanMgr+ and old updates: Installed CleanMgr+ and it has an option to uninstall old updates??? How can I tell which update is no longer needed? 131957
  9. CleanMgr+ and old updates

in Windows 10 Support
    CleanMgr+ and old updates: Installed CleanMgr+ and it has an option to uninstall old updates??? How can I tell which update is no longer needed? 131957
  10. Can't run .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run .exe: An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message: xxxx.exe- Application error the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application. This occurs for any...