Windows 10: cleanmgr.exe via Powershell

Discus and support cleanmgr.exe via Powershell in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to hear some tips on how to fix the PowerShell script. Generally, it works fine but I want to add something like a timer that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GameOver, May 19, 2020.

1. GameOver Win User

cleanmgr.exe via Powershell

Hello,
    I would like to hear some tips on how to fix the PowerShell script. Generally, it works fine but I want to add something like a timer that I can run a script and it will stop in 15 min anyway! (that the time, when 'clearmgr' usually will complete the task) Why I need that? Cuz I will run it via PDQ Deploy tool for more than 300 computers and it might be stuck sometimes for some reason for an unlimited time so I want to eliminate any freezes or lags.

Please take a look at how to add the correct addition to that script. Or maybe rewrite it and do it differently?

Thank you in advance!

:)

GameOver, May 19, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 19, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, May 19, 2020
  4. KeithM Win User

How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

KeithM, May 19, 2020
Thema:

1. cleanmgr.exe via Powershell - Similar Threads - cleanmgr exe via

2. Download preferred language via PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download preferred language via PowerShell: I have a number of Windows 10 20H2 computers that have a preferred language set to en-IE, but because the language pack is not downloaded the Windows Display language is set to the default of en-US. If I set the WinHTTP proxy and download the en-IE pack manually then I can...
  3. Download preferred language via PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download preferred language via PowerShell: I have a number of Windows 10 20H2 computers that have a preferred language set to en-IE, but because the language pack is not downloaded the Windows Display language is set to the default of en-US. If I set the WinHTTP proxy and download the en-IE pack manually then I can...
  4. Open Cmd via PowerShell, command?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open Cmd via PowerShell, command?: Please i need to open cmd win + r and so i know i need to know how to open it via powershell pls (.bat and so i know it needs to be opened via powershell. Pls PowerShell command to open cmd? Cmd über PowerShell öffnen, Befehl?
  5. Powershell exe application errorr xoc0000142

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Powershell exe application errorr xoc0000142: I cannot install any Microsoft office in my pc. I might uninstall some apps that cannot be, so can you help me how to recover my uninstall apps. thank you...
  6. Powershell command for installing exe and msi

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell command for installing exe and msi: Can someone help me with powershell commands for installing some exe and msi files from a pendrive? I have apps like Cisco Jabber (MSI), Cisco AnyConnect (exe), Dell Command Update (MSI), and Webex Teams(MSI) I need to add to my powershell script to automatically install the...
  7. OneDrive configuration via PowerShell

OneDrive configuration via PowerShell: Hi, after first launch and configuration of Win10, the last part which is not done automatically in my Script is OneDrive configuration. Is it possible to somehow run OneDrive from PS and then let it configure itself with already registered credentials for...
  8. CleanMgr+ and old updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    CleanMgr+ and old updates: Installed CleanMgr+ and it has an option to uninstall old updates??? How can I tell which update is no longer needed? 131957
  9. CleanMgr+ and old updates

in Windows 10 Support
    CleanMgr+ and old updates: Installed CleanMgr+ and it has an option to uninstall old updates??? How can I tell which update is no longer needed? 131957
  10. Install Debian LXSS via PowerShell

Install Debian LXSS via PowerShell: Hello, I googled and found instructions on how to install Ubuntu LXSS via PowerShell with Code: Get-AppxPackage https://aka.ms/Ubuntu...[/quote] (I dont rememer exact wording here). Now I want to do the same with Debian? Which command to be used to LIST SEARCH Debian LXSS...