Windows 10: Cleanup after upgrade...

Discus and support Cleanup after upgrade... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Upgraded 7 to 10 and ran 'disk cleanup' to remove the old windows yet it only seemed to remove Windows.old and still see the following in the root of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Digitaldreams, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Cleanup after upgrade...

Upgraded 7 to 10 and ran 'disk cleanup' to remove the old windows yet it only seemed to remove Windows.old and still see the following in the root of C:...

Windows (25Gb)
    $Windows.~WS (greyed out 34Mb))
    ESD (containing 'Windows' ! 3.98Gb)

What's the score here ?!

Thanks in advance

:)

Digitaldreams, Mar 11, 2020

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 11, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    disc cleanup

Hi Edward,

You should run Disk Cleanup Twice as explained below to safely remove anything that can be removed and check everything in the list, it is quite safe to do that, disk Cleanup will not suggest anything that is not safe to remove . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Cleanup after upgrade...

DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Cleanup after upgrade...

1. Cleanup after upgrade... - Similar Threads - Cleanup upgrade

2. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth is stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth is stuck: I opened cmd as administrator and ranDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthIt outputtedDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.22621.2794Image Version: 10.0.22631.3374and the cursor is still blinking right underIt's been like this for at least an hour or...
  3. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth is stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth is stuck: I opened cmd as administrator and ranDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthIt outputtedDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.22621.2794Image Version: 10.0.22631.3374and the cursor is still blinking right underIt's been like this for at least an hour or...
  4. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...: Hello Everyone,My name is Abhishek, and I found Error while Execution of below command and I used cmd prompt as Run as Admin.DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthFirst of all, I wanted to Execute the above command because , recently I got an Bluetooth Error in my Windows...
  5. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...: Hello Everyone,My name is Abhishek, and I found Error while Execution of below command and I used cmd prompt as Run as Admin.DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthFirst of all, I wanted to Execute the above command because , recently I got an Bluetooth Error in my Windows...
  6. Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up: For a bit, I have been trying to get rid of Windows Update Clean-up in Disk Cleanup, but it is not working. I have tried searching but every answer I find either does not relate to my situation/does not work. It has gotten so bad that it has accumulated to 8.30GB.I would...
  7. Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up

Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up: For a bit, I have been trying to get rid of Windows Update Clean-up in Disk Cleanup, but it is not working. I have tried searching but every answer I find either does not relate to my situation/does not work. It has gotten so bad that it has accumulated to 8.30GB.I would...
  8. Help! I've been experiencing multiple BSOD's even after scanning and attempting cleanups.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! I've been experiencing multiple BSOD's even after scanning and attempting cleanups.: I've recently been struggling with trying to fix my PC and I don't know what to do anymore.I've been consistently getting several errors in my BSOD's- Registry Error- System Service Exception- Kernel Security Failure-Kernal Thread Priority FailureI've done research on these...
  9. File cleanup after upgrade v1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File cleanup after upgrade v1909: Full system scan showed almost 1 million files. Double last year. Tried Norton, performance , file cleanup but only browser history cleaned. Is there a tool to clean up old AMD Files? Do I need install files from over a year ago?...
  10. Lost my Win 10 upgrade during cleanup :(

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost my Win 10 upgrade during cleanup :(: I received my windows 10 upgrade notice. So I started to clean the computer to get rid of unwanted stuff before upgrading.After cleaning the computer , I no longer have the notice to Update . I am back to waiting . In the process of disk clean I must have somehow deleted the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cleanup windows update