Windows 10: "Cleanup will be executed. Do not turn off the computer" - What if I turn it off?

Discus and support "Cleanup will be executed. Do not turn off the computer" - What if I turn it off? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer hung up, so I fixed it. Then came - as unfortunately usual - a BlueScreen with a ":(". After 10x reboot + BluescreenOfDeath it now... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MrAmazing2, Aug 19, 2020.

1. "Cleanup will be executed. Do not turn off the computer" - What if I turn it off?

My computer hung up, so I fixed it.

Then came - as unfortunately usual - a BlueScreen with a ""Cleanup will be executed. Do not turn off the computer" - What if I turn it off? :(".

After 10x reboot + BluescreenOfDeath it now suddenly says "Cleanup is in progress. Do not turn off the computer". But I have urgent things to do on the PC, and cleaning takes 2-3 hours with a hard disk like mine. So:

What if I shut it down? You think that'll do anything?

:)

MrAmazing2, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Computer turns itself on

Hi Dustin,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the fast startup:

• Right-click the Start menu, then select Control Panel.
    • Change the view from Category to Large icons.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Aug 19, 2020
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Aug 19, 2020
  4. "Cleanup will be executed. Do not turn off the computer" - What if I turn it off?

Computer won't turn on

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding the Critical Service Failed error message on your computer, follow the steps below:

• Turn off your computer.
    • Turn on your computer. As soon as you see the Windows logo with the spinning dots, press and hold down the power button until your computer turns off. Do this process
      twice.
    • Turn on your computer for the third time, and then let it load.
    • It should give you the message: Preparing Automatic Repair.
    • On the next screen that would appear, click on Advanced Options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Go to Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.
    • Wait for the repair to finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

"Cleanup will be executed. Do not turn off the computer" - What if I turn it off?

1. "Cleanup will be executed. Do not turn off the computer" - What if I turn it off? - Similar Threads - Cleanup executed turn

2. Computer turns off randomly and turns back on; I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turns off randomly and turns back on; I don't know what to do: Event viewer logsI already changed the old PSU and the problem still persists because I thought it could've been the PSU. I have attached the event viewer logs.Thanks!...
  3. How do I turn off this "antimalware executable" nonsense?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off this "antimalware executable" nonsense?: I tried regedit, I tried deleting the file itself, I tried disabling it in services, I tried turning it off in task manager, I tried turning off real-time protection- nothing works. It keeps eating away at my memory and CPU like <removed> is that? Billion dollar company can't...
  4. How do I turn off this "antimalware executable" nonsense?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I turn off this "antimalware executable" nonsense?: I tried regedit, I tried deleting the file itself, I tried disabling it in services, I tried turning it off in task manager, I tried turning off real-time protection- nothing works. It keeps eating away at my memory and CPU like <removed> is that? Billion dollar company can't...
  5. How do I turn off this "antimalware executable" nonsense?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. how do i turn off the antimalware service executable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i turn off the antimalware service executable?: i've already tried regedit and group policy editor and the executible is still using 200 mb of my memory no matter what i do it's always taking a chunk of my memory and my computer isn't giving me the permissions to get rid of it, i have a third party antivirus app already...
  7. how do i turn off the antimalware service executable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i turn off the antimalware service executable?: i've already tried regedit and group policy editor and the executible is still using 200 mb of my memory no matter what i do it's always taking a chunk of my memory and my computer isn't giving me the permissions to get rid of it, i have a third party antivirus app already...
  8. Computer turning on is a turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning on is a turn off.: My computer sometimes turns itself on when it's unattended. I thought it was being used by a bitcoin miner, but virus checks didn't show anything.To prevent it happening I started turning off the net using software before putting it to sleep or shutting down. standard menu...
  9. How do I turn off AntiMalware Service Executable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I turn off AntiMalware Service Executable: I need to turn off this process, this program alone is taking up 20% of my memory doing nothing, I have 8 GB of RAM and I really don't care for this process. How do I turn it off. I have tried making an exclusion in the windows defender settings, and I have tried editing the...
  10. How do I turn off "Antimalware Service Executable"?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I turn off "Antimalware Service Executable"?: It's using memory, disk and CPU power for days now and it's making my computer run very slow. Even opening the Explorer takes about 15 seconds. What can I do about it? Here is an image from the task manager: [ATTACH]...