Windows 10: clear cache

Discus and support clear cache in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I clear cache in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-cache/88e77c48-6176-469c-815c-2c825048c7fe Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cwlong52, Jun 20, 2020.

1. cwlong52 Win User

clear cache

How do I clear cache in windows 10?

:)

cwlong52, Jun 20, 2020

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

clear cache [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Problems with clearing cache with Microsoft Edge

Hi Destin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to clear the cache from Edge and check if the issue persist.

• Open Edge browser.

• On the top right corner click on the three dots

• Then below click on Settings

• Under clear browsing data

• Tap or click on Choose what to clear

• From the list check cached data
      and files, browsing history

• And click on clear.
    I would also suggest you to clear all temporary files from your computer and check if it helps:

• Press Windows+R key on the keyboard.
    • Type %temp% and hit Enter.

Try the SFC scan to resolve the issue. SFC scans the corrupted files and recover it automatically.

To run the SFC/SCANNOW command in Windows 10:

• Left click on Start button.

• Right click on Command Prompt (Admin) option which will let you run
      'Run as administrator’.

• Command Prompt Window pops up.

• Type: SFC /SCANNOW

You can also follow the link below for reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

I hope the above information was helpful. Get back to us with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 20, 2020
  4. clear cache

how to clear cache and cookies

Hi Bridget

If you are running Microsoft Edge, follow these steps to clear the cache:

clear cache [​IMG]

Andre for Directly, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

clear cache

1. clear cache - Similar Threads - clear cache

2. How to clear the cache of my installed apps in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear the cache of my installed apps in Windows 11?: Hi there,I haven't had a Windows PC for a number of years, I've been using Android smartphones as my go-to device for emails, web browsing, news, etc. I'm well versed in most things tech, however, I do not have anywhere near the skills of a full stack developer. I know how to...
  3. How to clear the cache of my installed apps in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear the cache of my installed apps in Windows 11?: Hi there,I haven't had a Windows PC for a number of years, I've been using Android smartphones as my go-to device for emails, web browsing, news, etc. I'm well versed in most things tech, however, I do not have anywhere near the skills of a full stack developer. I know how to...
  4. Defender won't clear threats and/or has caching issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender won't clear threats and/or has caching issue: I keep receiving notifications that Windows has detected multiple threats. I have attempted to delete/quarantine/clear cache and nothing I do is working. It still says there are "Current Threats".I received a notification of 3x Trojans see pic right below. I went to the file...
  5. Defender won't clear threats and/or has caching issue

Defender won't clear threats and/or has caching issue: I keep receiving notifications that Windows has detected multiple threats. I have attempted to delete/quarantine/clear cache and nothing I do is working. It still says there are "Current Threats".I received a notification of 3x Trojans see pic right below. I went to the file...
  6. Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11: I saw some instructions when I Googled it but it said to go to Settings, Advanced, but there is no Advanced in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-delete-cookies-clear-cache/28e6b05a-d2bb-4c29-87fc-dbd9ed42360b
  7. Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11

Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11: I saw some instructions when I Googled it but it said to go to Settings, Advanced, but there is no Advanced in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-delete-cookies-clear-cache/28e6b05a-d2bb-4c29-87fc-dbd9ed42360b
  8. how can i fix this weird thumbnails bug? i tried clearing cache and changing wallpapers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i fix this weird thumbnails bug? i tried clearing cache and changing wallpapers...: here in the settings menu, it shows like this even though I have a working background on the desktopand same with virtual desktops only the one I'm using shows the background. others show this big Windows photo's app iconthis person has the same problem but couldn't find...
  9. how can i fix this weird thumbnails bug? i tried clearing cache and changing wallpapers...

how can i fix this weird thumbnails bug? i tried clearing cache and changing wallpapers...: here in the settings menu, it shows like this even though I have a working background on the desktopand same with virtual desktops only the one I'm using shows the background. others show this big Windows photo's app iconthis person has the same problem but couldn't find...
  10. Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail: I recently cleaned the thumbnail cache on my computer. However, an error occurred in my thumbnail, previously the thumbnail showed my laptop icon, and it is black now. How to fix it ?...