Windows 10: Clear command prompt history from within batch.

Discus and support Clear command prompt history from within batch. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a batch, running in "Command Prompt", that prompts for a password. For any number of reasons I can't guarantee that the window will close before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fatkatie, Dec 15, 2018.

1. fatkatie Win User

Clear command prompt history from within batch.

I have a batch, running in "Command Prompt", that prompts for a password. For any number of reasons I can't guarantee that the window will close before exposing that data (arrow keys browse history list).

Is there a way to keep the password out of the list or is there a way to clear the list from within the batch itself?

Thank you.

:)

fatkatie, Dec 15, 2018
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Since I got Windows 10, my computer goes to sleep after just a few minutes of inactivity and I cannot clear the history of previously visited websites

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply. Appreciate your effort.

When it comes to searches, if you would have created and saved favorites in the browser, it will display or prompt the URL when you enter it on the address bar. However if you didn't create such settings, clearing the browser history should work.

Having stated the above, I suggest that you follow the steps below just to check if you are able to clear your browser history

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.

This issue may also happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly
    follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Ref: Using System File Checker in Windows 10

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state
    or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Ernie San Win User

edge clear history

We suggest running the System File Checker Tool, follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Press Windows key and
      X at the same time.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
    • In the command prompt, type sfc /scannow and hit
      Enter.
    • Exit Command Prompt.
    This is other way to repair missing or corrupted system files on your computer, for additional information click

here

Keep us posted.

Ernie San, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Clear command prompt history from within batch. - Similar Threads - Clear command prompt

2. Having the output from a command within a batch file in a different color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having the output from a command within a batch file in a different color: Hello. I am preparing to run the following script on one of our servers: REM Launch the batch files listed below to start the Exceed X environment, REM and log into the mcrs3 server using the putty application. REM List the hostname of the server that is being connected to by...
  3. Having the output from a command within a batch file in a different color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having the output from a command within a batch file in a different color: Hello. I am preparing to run the following script on one of our servers: REM Launch the batch files listed below to start the Exceed X environment, REM and log into the mcrs3 server using the putty application. REM List the hostname of the server that is being connected to by...
  4. Command Prompt - Unable to type while running batch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt - Unable to type while running batch: While I am running a batch in Command Prompt, it dosen't let me type when it asks me a question and I answer Y or N. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  5. Command Prompt - Unable to type while running batch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt - Unable to type while running batch: While I am running a batch in Command Prompt, it dosen't let me type when it asks me a question and I answer Y or N. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Command Prompt/ Batch files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Prompt/ Batch files: [ATTACH] when i create a batch file to ping something, it spams the command and throws no response. how do i fix this? https://preview.redd.it/fyy6qwrfx7n61.png?width=256&format=png&auto=webp&s=d55552fdc7a5c297d565617f710992048238660c submitted by /u/xWasss [link]...
  7. Can I turn on Media Streaming from the command prompt (for batch fil)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I turn on Media Streaming from the command prompt (for batch fil)?: Hi, I started using W10 Media Streaming to access videos on my laptop from my Samsgung TV. This works pretty well most of the time, but, sometimes, I run into issues that get sorted by turning off and on the Media Streaming. Some other times, Media Streaming just randomly...
  8. Batch commands

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch commands: I know this stuff is kind of old tech, but would anyone know how to make a script that goes through the contents of a folder or file and uses them as command-line arguments say in pseudocode it might look something like: for each item in Desktop, copy %name% to D:\ a USB...
  9. How to view, save and clear Command Prompt command History in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to view, save and clear Command Prompt command History in Windows: [ATTACH] The Command Prompt is nothing but a black and white command line utility that comes out of the box on Windows 10/8/7. But those who know its true potential, it is a great replacement for many of the users’ third-party [...] This post How to view, save and clear...
  10. need to run a cmd command as administrator within batch file

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to run a cmd command as administrator within batch file: Hey, Probable pretty easy for some of you but after a bit of googling I can't quite figure it out. I need to run a command within CMD as administrator within a batch file which then users can just run. Any ideas would be great. Dan...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clear command prompt

2. bat clear command

3. clear the command prompt

4. clear batch command,
  5. clear windows batch,
  6. batch clear command history,
  7. how to clear the command prompt with batch files,
  8. batch command history,
  9. clear command promp,
  10. clearing command prompt,
  11. clear in command prompt