Windows 10: Clear Disk Info is a handy health info tool for storage devices

Discus and support Clear Disk Info is a handy health info tool for storage devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Clear Disk Info is a free software program for Microsoft Windows devices that provides a clear view of health related information about connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jan 14, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Clear Disk Info is a handy health info tool for storage devices

Clear Disk Info is a free software program for Microsoft Windows devices that provides a clear view of health related information about connected storage devices.

Keeping an eye on storage devices is essential when you work with computer systems. A storage device failure could lead to data loss or corruption of system files that prevent certain functionality or the system from booting at all.

It is a good idea to create regular backups of important files to make sure that data is not lost when storage devices start to fail but keeping an eye on these devices to replace them before that happens is even better.

Clear Disk Info can be run from any location after you have downloaded it from the developer website. The program scans all connected storage devices and displays them in its interface afterwards. It supports Solid State Drives, platter-based hard drives and Flash drives, and displays them in the sidebar on launch. You just need to make sure that the storage device is connected so that it can be analyzed. The listing is not refreshed automatically but you can enable that option in the menu or refresh on demand.

Clear Disk Info is a handy health info tool for storage devices clear-disk-info.png

Each storage device that is listed in the sidebar has its name, size, temperature, speed/life left, status, and powered-on hours listed next to it which should help identify the devices that you want to check out.

Just select one of the devices displayed in the sidebar to see its values in the main area. The program helps users by highlighting important and critical bits of information, and using color codes.

Critical and important information, e.g. the device's temperature, power-on hours, reallocated sectors or predicted failure, are highlighted with icons (yellow and red) and it is a good idea to start looking at these values first.

Information that is highlighted in green indicates that the detected readings are okay and that there is no need to worry about those.

You can go through the listing one-by-one easily to check the health of any of the devices listed in the sidebar; this makes Clear Disk Info a handy tool to quickly go through the S.M.A.R.T. readings of all connected storage devices.

The menu lists options to check disks for errors, check and repair disks, and to optimize disks. Shortcuts are linked to these options for even faster access. The information can be exported to a text file using the menu as well.

Closing Words

Clear Disk Info is a straightforward program for Windows to check the health of all storage devices connected to the system it is run on. It may not be the most feature rich program for that but it is quick and easy to use.

Now You: do you check/monitor the health of storage devices? (via Deskmodder)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Clear Disk Info is a handy health info tool for storage devices appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jan 14, 2020
  2. theonedub Win User

GPUz Incorrect Info GF117

I've got the GT620M in a Zenbook and the newest version of GPUz has it listed as a 40nm part whereas all other info on the web suggests its 28nm. Can you investigate, W1z?

Thanks

theonedub, Jan 14, 2020
  3. HiSpeed Win User
    CRYSTAL DISK INFO

Hi,

Don't worry with the third disk (only one sector reallocated is nothing), but the first has 28146 hours which is a long while...

I suggest you to use another tool : Hard Disk Sentinel , which is much better than CrystalDiskInfo !

HiSpeed, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Clear Disk Info is a handy health info tool for storage devices

HDD Health Report: Crystal Disk Info, HD Tune, WD-Data Lifeguard Diagnostics.. pls help

WD TB Blue - 5 months old.
    Following are the HDD Health Report: Crystal Disk Info, HD Tune, WesternDigital - Data Lifeguard Diagnostics

Pls suggest.

Issue: Win7 sometimes started working slow, and then it gets stuct up in safe mode at "CLASSNPN.SYS".
    Tried installing fresh Win7.. worked fine for sometime but then started with the same issue.
    SO i did the health check.

Crystal Disk Info:

Clear Disk Info is a handy health info tool for storage devices crystaldisk-jpg.jpg

HD Tune :

Clear Disk Info is a handy health info tool for storage devices hd-tune_1-jpg.jpg

Clear Disk Info is a handy health info tool for storage devices hd-tune_2-jpg.jpg

WesternDigital - Data Lifeguard Diagnostics

Clear Disk Info is a handy health info tool for storage devices wd-jpg.jpg

Clear Disk Info is a handy health info tool for storage devices wd2-jpg.jpg

alivehunter, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Clear Disk Info is a handy health info tool for storage devices

1. Clear Disk Info is a handy health info tool for storage devices - Similar Threads - Clear Disk Info

2. Microsoft account - device info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account - device info: Hello everyone, I would like to check if this is common, the device OS edition is windows 10 while i have already upgrade to windows 11. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-device-info/fca45f8e-f4ba-456d-8ebb-8137fa7c15d8
  3. Microsoft account - device info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account - device info: Hello everyone, I would like to check if this is common, the device OS edition is windows 10 while i have already upgrade to windows 11. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-device-info/fca45f8e-f4ba-456d-8ebb-8137fa7c15d8
  4. Searching for a HDMI info tool

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Searching for a HDMI info tool: Hello, I am looking for a tool which displays me the HDMI version of the graphics card and attached monitor. It's for analyzing an issue with an ondemand video set top box. That set top box is attached to my 7.1 amplifier through HDMI, and my Windows 10 21H1 based home...
  5. Profile info And update info not seen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Profile info And update info not seen: I upgraded to windows 11 by joining Windows Insider Program Later I had some issues so I came back to windows 10 and my settings does not show my profile and update options.Hope my issue gets solved ASAP....
  6. info

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    info: hol lehet a gepen a 1903 verziot frissiteni,nem talalom.koszonom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/info/5d9d5ff3-f9b9-4709-a843-a482302ba418
  7. Crystal Disk Info can't detect my SSD's health

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crystal Disk Info can't detect my SSD's health: Hi Everyone, I had a problem with my current Windows 10 v1809, before I'm using v1809, I'm using v1803 which still using SSHD and when I plug my new SSD M.2 NVME, Crystal Disk Info can detect my SSD's health normally. But after I re-install Windows 10 to v 1809 because I...
  8. Info

Info: How can i download itunes app in my new laptop. Cause it does’nt let me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/info/978215c6-4e40-4eaf-9a40-47dae5dc7925
  9. Viewing disk info on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing disk info on Windows 10: I need to review several disks containing X-rays/CT scans. I load them and nothing happens. Now what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-disk-info-on-windows-10/dc4a0630-1c48-4eaf-9a38-1d72616103d8
  10. All saved account info cleared after updates

All saved account info cleared after updates: Hello. I received a large windows update last week. When the update was complete, all of my saved accounts were cleared. Since then, I have had two more windows updates and in both cases, all of my saved accounts were cleared. How can I stop updates from clearing my saved...