Windows 10: Clear my issue of shutdown by mistake and I want to sleep also while install updating...

Discus and support Clear my issue of shutdown by mistake and I want to sleep also while install updating... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Restarting/shutting down in the middle of an update installation may cause serious damage to the PC. I was doing a update of my laptop but I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MazharMansoori, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Clear my issue of shutdown by mistake and I want to sleep also while install updating...

Restarting/shutting down in the middle of an update installation may cause serious damage to the PC. I was doing a update of my laptop but I want to sleep that's why I was shutdown my PC in middle of install of what we updating that's any kind of harm will their on. PC brother Please tell me.

:)

MazharMansoori, Jul 14, 2019

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep, IE keeps hanging

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your shutdown, sleep and IE issues, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Clear my issue of shutdown by mistake and I want to sleep also while install updating...

Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep, IE keeps hanging

Thank you for the information you've provided.

In the meantime, we suggest installing all available Windows updates.

Note: Windows Updates will include the latest hardware driver, security, and features installation.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

Clear my issue of shutdown by mistake and I want to sleep also while install updating...

1. Clear my issue of shutdown by mistake and I want to sleep also while install updating... - Similar Threads - Clear issue shutdown

2. Clear Pagefile At Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear Pagefile At Shutdown: If I completely preinstalled and updated my genshin impact game. Then next day, is clear pagefile at shutdown delete my genshin update files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-pagefile-at-shutdown/c3bb4890-1b05-4ff9-a9ff-44c31961b1a7
  3. Clear Pagefile At Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clear Pagefile At Shutdown: If I completely preinstalled and updated my genshin impact game. Then next day, is clear pagefile at shutdown delete my genshin update files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-pagefile-at-shutdown/c3bb4890-1b05-4ff9-a9ff-44c31961b1a7
  4. I want to format my desktop, but I have two drives. Will Windows clear also the second hard...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to format my desktop, but I have two drives. Will Windows clear also the second hard...: Hello Microsoft!I have a question about the format that I want to do on my PC. I have two drives inside. A C: drive and a D: Drive.On the C: drive, windows and apps are installed and on the D: one, I have ONLY games on it.If I format C:, will my games on D: drive get cleared...
  5. I don't want to make a mistake . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't want to make a mistake . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 pro. I'm interested in buying a, renewed Dell Optiplex 7440. Amazon has them, for under $500. Believe it, or not. I'm retired. But, never had a credit card. I want to make, good decisions. Is there, any advantage. Getting,...
  6. Driver sleep and shutdown issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver sleep and shutdown issue.: Hello, Ive been having an issue with my pc. For the past 4 years i have been able to put the pc into sleep mode. recently my PC shuts down completely when put into sleep mode. Not only that but when it shuts down it take 10 minutes for my pc to shutdown completely instead...
  7. BSOD while playing games. Also, updates will not install.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing games. Also, updates will not install.: FRISBEE-Wed_07_04_2018_202012_00.zip While playing The Talos Principle and Mirrors Edge I get a BSOD. Threat stuck in device driver. Usually takes about 10 minutes of playing before it happens. Worked with three Microsoft techs over chat but nothing they tried worked. I...
  8. Shutdown/Sleep Issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown/Sleep Issue.: Hi all, wondering if anyone can offer any thoughts or advice. i'm running W10 from a W7 upgrade, and it's been pretty good so far. last night though i had an issue that occurred once before a month or so back. basically, i went to shut down, and instead of the usual blue...
  9. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Clear Pagefile on Shutdown: I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage: In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD...
  10. sleep/shutdown/cold boot issues

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep/shutdown/cold boot issues: HP 8540w laptop, W10 up to date (14393-693), power config high performance, shutdown on lid close, sleep on power button, no devices wake computer except mouse and keyboard. Started with two issues: 1; Computer restarts immediately after a shutdown or sleep command. The...