Windows 10: Clear screen of purple death

Discus and support Clear screen of purple death in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to remove purple death in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mr22rm, Aug 8, 2022.

1. mr22rm Win User

Clear screen of purple death

How to remove purple death in windows 10

:)

mr22rm, Aug 8, 2022
  2. harrymc Win User

Windows non-Blue Screens of Death... Green and Orange?

Many BSODs are listed in the article
    Purple, Brown, Yellow, Orange, Red, Green Screen of Death explained.

Purple Screen of Death

Mainly seen when the VMkernel of an ESX/ESXi host experiences a critical error,
    becomes inoperative and terminates any virtual machines that are running.
    Requires reboot using the power button.

Brown Screen of Death

Mostly associated with game-plays, linked mainly to graphics.
    Usually arrives when a PC game forces CPU and memory to run at speeds higher than
    their official speed grade (over-clocking).

Yellow Screen of Death

Happened usually with Firefox accompanied by a weird buzzing sound, after an XML.
    Probably does not exist any more.

Red Screen of Death

Mostly indicates issues related to the graphics driver and the corresponding
    applications, caused usually by installing wrong drivers or by software conflicts
    on boot.

Orange Screen of Death

Usually indicates fatal hardware errors and has many causes such as
    watching a video, when booting into Windows, waking up from Sleep, BitLocker,
    or when adding a second monitor

Green Screen of Death

Intended for Windows Insiders testing for upcoming Windows 10 test builds,
    to make it easier for Microsoft support staff to differentiate between errors
    in test builds and in production.

As Microsoft staff are not infallible, sometimes colored BSODs happen not
    according to the above purpose.

harrymc, Aug 8, 2022
  3. screen times out into purple "death screen"

Ever since I got a new hard drive, my screen often times out into a solid purple "screen of death", whereby nothing works and the only way to recover anything is to press and hold the Power off button and reboot the entire system. Sometimes, the death screen
    will eventually time out into a home screen that eventually gives me the ability to sign in - but even this might only happen after 3-5 time-outs. Other times, it times out into a screen that shows all of my icons (ie. Word, Excel, Foxit, etc.) in the bottom
    bar. Again, it will usually eventually time out. However, I should be able to sign in immediately, not after waiting 5-10 minutes for multiple time-outs ... or a hard reboot.

The tech repair guy hasn't explained this to me and says I need to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 to resolve the problems. Is this reasonable for me to have to do?

Dannomite555, Aug 8, 2022
  4. Clear screen of purple death

Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

Clear screen of purple death

1. Clear screen of purple death - Similar Threads - Clear screen purple

2. Clear screen of purple death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear screen of purple death: How to remove purple death in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-screen-of-purple-death/64fd7767-dbf0-4bc4-9491-bf6ea21c92da
  3. Clear screen of purple death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clear screen of purple death: How to remove purple death in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-screen-of-purple-death/64fd7767-dbf0-4bc4-9491-bf6ea21c92da
  4. Purple screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purple screen: Hi, whenever i try to turn on my laptop which is a Lenovo g575an oldie but a goodie it shows the basic Lenovo screen with the meanings of two function keys, then my screen goes black for a while, then it turns a sort of light purplecheck picture attatched and it only just...
  5. Purple screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purple screen: Hi, whenever i try to turn on my laptop which is a Lenovo g575an oldie but a goodie it shows the basic Lenovo screen with the meanings of two function keys, then my screen goes black for a while, then it turns a sort of light purplecheck picture attatched and it only just...
  6. Purple screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Automatic Repair boot loop, Purple Screen of Death, cursor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Repair boot loop, Purple Screen of Death, cursor only: I'm hoping to get some help with this boot loop/purple screen problem I've got because I can't for the life of me figure it out. Background: About 4 or 5 days ago I walked into the room to see my pc on a BSOD (don't remember the reason at the bottom). My PC restarts fine and...
  8. Purple screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Purple screen: I have purple screen and I’m not sure how to fix it, I checked the bulbs in the screen and they all work perfectly, I think it’s a problem in the display cable but I’m not sure how to fix it, should I send it to someone to fix it or is there a way to fix it myself??...
  9. Purple screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Purple screen: How do I fix purple screen or do I have to send it to someone and he’ll fix it? submitted by /u/wouldyoumeme [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kc72qi/purple_screen/
  10. purple screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    purple screen: After when I updated my win10 to 1903 version, my screen turned to purple. I tried to update the driver through GeForce Experience but it did not help. I use the NIVDIA. Everyone says it is due to the version of win10 cannot match NIVDIA new driver. What should I do ? P.S....