Windows 10: Clear space option / Move to one drive option missing in file explorer menu

Discus and support Clear space option / Move to one drive option missing in file explorer menu in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good day! My wife file explorer in her surface pro 4 running windows 10 1909 is missing the CLEAR SPACE, VIEW ONLINE command when browsing one drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lester968, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Lester968 Win User

Clear space option / Move to one drive option missing in file explorer menu

Good day!

My wife file explorer in her surface pro 4 running windows 10 1909 is missing the CLEAR SPACE, VIEW ONLINE command when browsing one drive files. it is likewise missing the MOVE TO ONEDRIVE option. Pls help. Below is the screenshot

Clear space option / Move to one drive option missing in file explorer menu 0ea1b343-d18c-4cb6-8098-d63ba1bacc72?upload=true.png

:)

Lester968, Apr 28, 2020

2. 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Delicieuxz, Apr 28, 2020
  3. pjfarr Win User
    Start Menu Recent Items "Clear" option missing from right-click menu

I used to be able to right-click on the "Recent" icon on the start menu and see an option to clear the recent files list. Now it's gone. The "Recent" icon is still there and still functions properly and lists recently opened files, but the "Clear" option is now missing from the Recent right-click menu.

I went to %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows and saw that the folder icon for the Recent folder was now set to the generic folder icon instead of the unique recent folder icon it used to show. Opening the folder though, the correct original icon shows in the task bar, address bar, and title bar.

I saw some instructions somewhere to delete and recreate the Recent folder (delete the folder from explorer, then type shell:recent in the start menu search bar) but it was a procedure for Windows 7 and it didn't work here in Windows 10.

This is a new laptop with Win 10 Home preinstalled, not an upgrade from anything else.

I know how to clear the recent items using other methods, but would like to have this option restored to the right-click menu, the way it was before.

pjfarr, Apr 28, 2020
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

Is this a weird joke/troll?

That feature has been in Explorer since at least Windows 7...

Thema:

1. Clear space option / Move to one drive option missing in file explorer menu - Similar Threads - Clear space option

2. Map Network Drive option missing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Map Network Drive option missing in File Explorer: I can't get map network drive to show up in file explorer. I'm on This PC and select the three dots, but there is no option to map a network drive. Any ideas as google doesn't help. I'm running this:Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎5/‎17/‎2022OS build...
  3. Map Network Drive option missing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Map Network Drive option missing in File Explorer: I can't get map network drive to show up in file explorer. I'm on This PC and select the three dots, but there is no option to map a network drive. Any ideas as google doesn't help. I'm running this:Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎5/‎17/‎2022OS build...
  4. Quick Access file explorer option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access file explorer option is missing: Hello, I am running Windows 11 insider program I know it's still in beta however, I am having issues with the quick access option now there to select I have Home and This PC with two other options I currently have on This PC I tried everything I could find to fix the issue...
  5. Quick Access file explorer option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access file explorer option is missing: Hello, I am running Windows 11 insider program I know it's still in beta however, I am having issues with the quick access option now there to select I have Home and This PC with two other options I currently have on This PC I tried everything I could find to fix the issue...
  6. File Explorer Buttons/Options are Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Buttons/Options are Missing: When I open File Explorer, I recently noticed that there are buttons like "File" "Home" "Share" "View" missing, and generally the entire tab missing This is how it's supposed to look like: https://prnt.sc/smjvcm This is how it looks on my PC: https://prnt.sc/smjuc0 I tried...
  7. Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu: Despite having registered a PIN when first prompted, the option to change my PIN seems to be missing from my sign-in options. Is there a way to fix this? [ATTACH]...
  8. Missing Menu Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Menu Options: I have having difficulties connecting a xbox one controller to my windows PC. I have spent a long amount of time determining that it is not a controller but a PC issue. During my call with tech support one suggested step was to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter,...
  9. Options missing from file context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Options missing from file context menu.: when I go to file explorer and open a file and I want to cope or deleted it I right click on the file and and window open up and I cant see the words to fine cope or deleted. How do I change it so I can see the words when I right click. ***Title changed from: [missing...
  10. Options missing from file contect menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Options missing from file contect menu.: when I go to file explorer and open a file and I want to cope or deleted it I right click on the file and and window open up and I cant see the words to fine cope or deleted. How do I change it so I can see the words when I right click. ***Title changed from: [missing...