Windows 10: Clear "Text Suggestions" cache for Hardware Keyboard - Security hole

Discus and support Clear "Text Suggestions" cache for Hardware Keyboard - Security hole in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've just been upgraded to Windows 10 (May edition) from Windows 7. Having switched on "Show text suggestions" under Typing > Hardware keyboard I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dan M Kelly, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Clear "Text Suggestions" cache for Hardware Keyboard - Security hole

I've just been upgraded to Windows 10 (May edition) from Windows 7.

Having switched on "Show text suggestions" under Typing > Hardware keyboard I have found what I consider a potential security hole.

At some point during setup I must have missed a tab when entering a User Name / Password into a UAC pop-up.

Not normally a problem, except that Text Suggestions now suggests "UsernamePassword" as an autofill option when I get a UAC pop-up.

I've plugged the hole for the moment by turning Text Suggestions off. but there are two issues

1) Is there any way, other than reimaging my machine, to clear the cached suggestions?

2) Why the heck is Windows harvesting any details from a UAC dialog?

Can anyone help?

:)

Dan M Kelly, Oct 2, 2019

2. text suggestion

Hi, Alp Patel.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To enable text suggestion on your Lumia 640, you may follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings under your App list.

2. Search for Keyboard.

3. Tap the keyboard you're using to make changes.

4. Check the checkbox for "Suggest text".

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Clear "Text Suggestions" cache for Hardware Keyboard - Security hole [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Clear "Text Suggestions" cache for Hardware Keyboard - Security hole

Problems with clearing cache with Microsoft Edge

Hi Destin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to clear the cache from Edge and check if the issue persist.

• Open Edge browser.

• On the top right corner click on the three dots

• Then below click on Settings

• Under clear browsing data

• Tap or click on Choose what to clear

• From the list check cached data
      and files, browsing history

• And click on clear.
    I would also suggest you to clear all temporary files from your computer and check if it helps:

• Press Windows+R key on the keyboard.
    • Type %temp% and hit Enter.

Try the SFC scan to resolve the issue. SFC scans the corrupted files and recover it automatically.

To run the SFC/SCANNOW command in Windows 10:

• Left click on Start button.

• Right click on Command Prompt (Admin) option which will let you run
      'Run as administrator’.

• Command Prompt Window pops up.

• Type: SFC /SCANNOW

You can also follow the link below for reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

I hope the above information was helpful. Get back to us with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Clear "Text Suggestions" cache for Hardware Keyboard - Security hole

1. Clear "Text Suggestions" cache for Hardware Keyboard - Security hole - Similar Threads - Clear Text Suggestions

2. keyboard text suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard text suggestions: Is there any way I can reset the text prediction of the touch keyboard or hardware keyboard and delete the words that windows 10 has stored since I started using the pc? I tried disabling the "Show text suggestions as I type" and reenabling it but that didn't work I also...
  3. keyboard text suggestions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard text suggestions: Is there any way I can reset the text prediction of the touch keyboard or hardware keyboard and delete the words that windows 10 has stored since I started using the pc? I tried disabling the "Show text suggestions as I type" and reenabling it but that didn't work I also...
  4. Text Suggestions for Hardware Keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Text Suggestions for Hardware Keyboard not working: I have enabled all the settings in my laptop at home but there is no pop up windows for suggested words. I have an other Pc at work and it works fine. I don't know what else to do. Thanks. 172607
  5. Learn hardware keyboard text suggests

in Windows 10 Customization
    Learn hardware keyboard text suggests: I am using the hardware keyboard text suggestions. but it is not learning new words. How do I get it to learn new words please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/learn-hardware-keyboard-text-suggests/e6258a93-8da7-4704-a0ca-f8948e3eded5
  6. clear cache

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clear cache: How do I clear cache in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-cache/88e77c48-6176-469c-815c-2c825048c7fe
  7. how to clear caches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to clear caches: how to clear caches https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-caches/cfedf7a2-2ec3-465a-ba4e-ce8fce234761
  8. Clearing cache

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clearing cache: How do I clear cache on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cache/1b4043d8-15be-4402-8bac-078d8b32570c
  9. Add Space after Text Suggestion for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Space after Text Suggestion for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Add Space after Text Suggestion for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Add Space after Text Suggestion for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10 Starting with text suggestions while typing on a hardware keyboard. Text suggestions for hardware keyboard...
  10. Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17035, Microsoft is introducing the ability to see text suggestions while typing on a...