Windows 10: Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

Discus and support Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side. [img] This list can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WTenNewbie, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags? [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

:)

WTenNewbie, Apr 10, 2019

2. apply tags to photos in file explorer [win v10]

Hi Lisa,

Applying tags to pictures in File Explorer is a great search feature in Windows 10. This works like keywords or labels that you can add to your photos so you can easily find or access them.

To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these procedures on how to add tags to your photos:

• Go to File Explorer and select the photo you want to add a tag.
    • Upon selecting the picture, press right-click and choose Properties.
    • Click the Details tab. Under the Description section is a category marked as
      Tags.
    • Click on the right portion of this to get the text box open so you can indicate your tag.
    • Click OK at the bottom to save it.

Feel free to inform us if the steps above resolved your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 10, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    What does "Clear file explorer history" do?

Hi Astoach

Clearing File Explorer History simply deletes the list of file/folder locations visited in Explorer along with the list of any searches you performed in Explorer

Somehow that cache must have become corrupt and clearing that history deletes the cache and creates a new one

It is no harm to delete that history from time to time, it will not affect the good running of your PC . . .

DaveM121, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

Problems with clearing cache with Microsoft Edge

Hi Destin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to clear the cache from Edge and check if the issue persist.

• Open Edge browser.

• On the top right corner click on the three dots

• Then below click on Settings

• Under clear browsing data

• Tap or click on Choose what to clear

• From the list check cached data
      and files, browsing history

• And click on clear.
    I would also suggest you to clear all temporary files from your computer and check if it helps:

• Press Windows+R key on the keyboard.
    • Type %temp% and hit Enter.

Try the SFC scan to resolve the issue. SFC scans the corrupted files and recover it automatically.

To run the SFC/SCANNOW command in Windows 10:

• Left click on Start button.

• Right click on Command Prompt (Admin) option which will let you run
      'Run as administrator’.

• Command Prompt Window pops up.

• Type: SFC /SCANNOW

You can also follow the link below for reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

I hope the above information was helpful. Get back to us with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

1. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags? - Similar Threads - Clear 'cache' file

2. How to clear memory cached files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clear memory cached files?: I'm developing in C++ and C# and working with larger files tens to hundreds of GB and performance is a major issue. However, once a file has been read it is cached in memory and subsequent reads no longer go to disk. This makes it difficult to gauge the performance. For...
  3. Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos: This is my first time using this site so please let me know if this isn't the appropriate place to get answers to the two questions listed below: 1. Is there any way to do a search on my pictures folder in Windows 10 that will identify all pictures that have not been tagged?...
  4. clear cache

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clear cache: How do I clear cache in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-cache/88e77c48-6176-469c-815c-2c825048c7fe
  5. Tags in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags in File Explorer: I rely greatly on Autofill when adding tags to images. To not do so would require using my memory resulting in many, slightly different tags for the same "topic". for example:- John Searwood, John Sherwood , John Sharwood, John J Sherwood and so forth. Some while ago the...
  6. Clearing update cache

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clearing update cache: I am thinking of cleaning up the update cache i saw how to do it via software distribution folder. I am wondering though is it safe to delete everything in the downloads below is what my folder looks like is it safe to delete everything or should i only delete certain...
  7. how to clear caches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to clear caches: how to clear caches https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-caches/cfedf7a2-2ec3-465a-ba4e-ce8fce234761
  8. Tagged pictures

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Tagged pictures: How do I change the name on a tagged picture or move to correct tagged name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tagged-pictures/056ba80b-36a0-416d-a3c6-7cfbe844d75a"
  9. Clearing cache

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clearing cache: How do I clear cache on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cache/1b4043d8-15be-4402-8bac-078d8b32570c
  10. Is there a way to a clear USB cache file?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to a clear USB cache file?: There was a great post in the SevenForums titled "General Fix for USB Driver Problems". I can follow all of the steps in that post on my Windows 10 machines except for deleting the INFCACHE.1 file. Is there the equivalent to the INFCACHE.1 file in Windows 10 that contains USB...