Windows 10: Clear timeline activity history - not working . . .

Discus and support Clear timeline activity history - not working . . . in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some activities are grayed-out and won't clear. What does it even mean for an activity to be grayed-out? Some activities are NOT grayed-out but still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StanShankman, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Clear timeline activity history - not working . . .

Some activities are grayed-out and won't clear.

What does it even mean for an activity to be grayed-out?

Some activities are NOT grayed-out but still won't clear.

While on the subject, I want to request finer control over WHAT appears on the time-line.

If I have marked a folder private, I do not wish for its name to be splashed on my screen whenever the time-line is displayed.

How many of you agree?

And why is clearing the time-line such a slow activity?

Maybe a one-shot "clear and reset time-line" button should be added to Windows 10.

How many of you agree?

:)

StanShankman, Aug 13, 2019

2. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article Timeline feature not working in Windows 10), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Timeline keeps vanishing

Hello Janae, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

You can use Cortana to review your activities history – the feature Timeline offers.

To troubleshoot your problem with Timeline I recommend that you clear the Activity History. To do it, follow the steps below:

Click on ‘Windows key + I’ and open Settings

Go to Privacy - Activity history

Press ‘Clear’ under ‘Clear activity history’

Press ‘Manage my Microsoft Account activity data’

Sign in using your Microsoft account if it is asked

Press ‘Activity history’

You will see your previous activities under ‘Activity history’

You will see an option ‘Clear activity’ on the right top of the activities list

Be notified, if you clear the app and service usage data, you will never recover or restore them. Do, be careful and read the terms.

Restart your system.

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Clear timeline activity history - not working . . .

Windows 10 Timeline cannot be disabled nor have its history removed properly

Under settings --> Privacy --> Activity History , I have unchecked the options 'Let windows collect my activities' and 'Let windows sync activities to cloud' , turn off 'show activities from accounts' and proceed to Clear activity history.

However, some of the history in timeline is still showing and as such, it does not seem like the feature is completely disabled. If i try to remove the history from timeline directly via right click --> remove/clear all for xxx date , the history still remains
    and nothing happens.

I have tried using a different user account but to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea how to completely disable timeline / remove all history as the normal procedure does not seem to be working for me, without resorting to reverting back to an older version of windows 10 before timeline was introduced.

LiYongkang, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Clear timeline activity history - not working . . .

1. Clear timeline activity history - not working . . . - Similar Threads - Clear timeline activity

2. Timeline and Activity History – What is being uploaded / sent?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Timeline and Activity History – What is being uploaded / sent?: Dear all When I Windows + Tab I can see my Timeline and many files I have opened1.The items / activities on the Timeline are the same as Activity History? If I send my Activity History to Microsoft2.Do I send any of the files I have used / opened? Thanks in advance for...
  3. Cannot Clear Activity History in Settings.

Cannot Clear Activity History in Settings.: I see the dialog "Clear Activity History" but there is no way to click on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-clear-activity-history-in-settings/4621d647-4469-4dca-96b2-f84386f93489
  4. Activity history timeline suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Activity history timeline suddenly stopped working: Activity history timeline suddenly stopped working a day or so back. I've tried all/most of the solutions online - still not remembering anything. Settings page on laptop has identical setup less than older posts online but it works and desktop does not! Any ideas to help...
  5. Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View: I am trying to clear the activities from my Timeline in Task View. If I click on remove for one item or all for a specific dates some activities are removed and others remain in a silhouette/transparent form and then I simply cannot remove them. I also see that the "Clear"...
  6. timeline activity

timeline activity: when history is cleared, ghost images of files are visible on display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timeline-activity/3e2f30ed-a0d5-4ae1-9a24-48282a65fc1a"
  7. Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10: When I point my cursor at the top of the screen I can remove some of the activities, all in fact for except for one day's activities which are darken and won't delete. Your advice on whats happing Thanks...
  8. Clearing Activity History Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Clearing Activity History Problem: Hi, I turned off collecting and cleared all my Activity History (Win 10 - 1803), but one file from one a month won't clear, it sticks there kind of greyed out. Nothing happens when clicked. This is a bug or ... ? Any idea about this? Regards [img] [img] 120369
  9. Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10: How to: Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10 How to Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10 Starting with activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with apps, docs, or other activities, either on your PC or your phone. To resume your...
  10. Clear Activity History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Activity History in Windows 10: How to: Clear Activity History from Cloud in Windows 10 How to Clear Your Activity History from Cloud in Windows 10 Starting with let you pick up where you left off. Your collected activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with apps, docs, or...