Windows 10: Cleared TPM by mistake ,Can’t setup new pin in windows 10 dell laptop .please help!!!!

Discus and support Cleared TPM by mistake ,Can’t setup new pin in windows 10 dell laptop .please help!!!! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Please give me some solution... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by zaid_73, May 8, 2023.

1. zaid_73 Win User

Cleared TPM by mistake ,Can’t setup new pin in windows 10 dell laptop .please help!!!!

Please give me some solution

:)

zaid_73, May 8, 2023
  2. Sasqui Win User

Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, May 8, 2023
  3. michael Win User

Hi guys,

I was doing reset my Windows 10 Dell 5559 laptop to factory Setting.

got this message after screen had stuck on 99% during reset the message displayed is

"A configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM (Trusted Platform Module)

WARNING: Clearing erases information stored on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access to data encrypted by these keys.

Press F12 or Volume Up to clear the TPM Press ESC or Volume Down to reject the change request and continue"

I tried a lot to know what it is actually ,but failed to understand

I just don't know whether to press F12 or ESC, and what if I press ESC is it ok?

(please advise , the laptop is running since 8 hours.)

Thanks

michael, May 8, 2023
  4. R-T-B Win User

Cleared TPM by mistake ,Can’t setup new pin in windows 10 dell laptop .please help!!!!

Clearing the TPM will not remove a windows license. Windows 10 at least does not utilize the TPM for licensing purposes.

I should know, I switched one out completely just recently.

R-T-B, May 8, 2023
Thema:

1. Cleared TPM by mistake ,Can’t setup new pin in windows 10 dell laptop .please help!!!! - Similar Threads - Cleared TPM mistake

2. Cleared TPM by mistake ,Can’t setup new pin in windows 10 dell laptop .please help!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cleared TPM by mistake ,Can’t setup new pin in windows 10 dell laptop .please help!!!!: Please give me some solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cleared-tpm-by-mistake-cant-setup-new-pin-in/a243b87b-b7e9-4dbb-89ba-ad0cda813510
  3. Cleared TPM by mistake ,Can’t setup new pin in windows 10 dell laptop .please help!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cleared TPM by mistake ,Can’t setup new pin in windows 10 dell laptop .please help!!!!: Please give me some solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cleared-tpm-by-mistake-cant-setup-new-pin-in/a243b87b-b7e9-4dbb-89ba-ad0cda813510
  4. Clear TPM?

Clear TPM?: Hi,I read online that it is recommended to clear the TPM in windows not bios, before a clean install of Windows 11. Is this true? Or will windows 11 automatically clear the TPM under installation regardless?...
  5. Dell E7470 TPM 1.2 to 2.0 upgrade clear TPM

Dell E7470 TPM 1.2 to 2.0 upgrade clear TPM: Dell E7470 TPM 1.2 to 2.0 upgrade clear TPMI want to install the TPM 2.0 firmware upgrade and message to clear TPM comes up, will I loose any files or data by doing this? Not using bitlocker etc. Currently on Win10 want to install win11....
  6. Dell E7470 TPM 1.2 to 2.0 upgrade clear TPM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell E7470 TPM 1.2 to 2.0 upgrade clear TPM: Dell E7470 TPM 1.2 to 2.0 upgrade clear TPMI want to install the TPM 2.0 firmware upgrade and message to clear TPM comes up, will I loose any files or data by doing this? Not using bitlocker etc. Currently on Win10 want to install win11....
  7. Dell E7470 TPM 1.2 to 2.0 upgrade clear TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. TPM clear done, cant setup pin, windows locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    TPM clear done, cant setup pin, windows locked: I cleared TPM.Then turned on my system.So in lock screen it shows 'There is some security changes due to tpm clear and so setup new pin'.Whenever I tried to create new pin, sms are not recieved in verification step.This is what my outlook account info shows. My Laptop has...
  9. Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP??: Hi all, I just bought my wife a new Dell Latitude 3400. I started to set it up using my Windows login and such. I want to change everything I did and restart the whole setup process with her information. I would like to go beyond the change Administrator and change user ID....
  10. clearing the tpm

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    clearing the tpm: I have an RCA small laptop with windows 10 and I wiped at clear to give to my grandson. At the end a message came up and seems to be stuck there concerning the TPM.I want the TPM to be cleared so he can enter his own information, but it seems to be stuck and wont budge. It...