Windows 10: "Clearfishell.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error"

Discus and support "Clearfishell.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I try to launch certain programs, this bad image error with this text pops up. It stops me from using said programs and generally is a pain in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KiPr_02, Oct 26, 2020.

1. KiPr_02 Win User

"Clearfishell.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error"

Whenever I try to launch certain programs, this bad image error with this text pops up. It stops me from using said programs and generally is a pain in my ****. How do I fix this?

:)

KiPr_02, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Gil deG Win User

windows 10: 'MSVCR120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.'

Hi,

Since you are getting same error "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error".

We suggest that you refer to this
    thread
    as some customers are also having the same issue and try to check the suggested fix of Santosh_Rai.

Let us know how it goes.

Gil deG, Oct 26, 2020
  3. msvcp120.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error

Hi.

I've just upgraded to Windows 10, but now when I try to open most Adobe programs an error like this shows.... "msvcp120.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error...". I've purchased dll file fixer, and it hasn't helped.

Please help me "Clearfishell.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error" :)

Thanks.

Swirley-gig, Oct 26, 2020
  4. "Clearfishell.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error"

Bad Image-Error MSVCP110.dll and MSVCR110.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.

Hello,

This issue usually happens if the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is not installed properly.

We suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual Redistributable Package. For the detailed steps, you can refer to the link below and follow our MVP's steps on the thread:

MSVCP10.dll error or not designed to run on windows

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

"Clearfishell.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error"

1. "Clearfishell.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error" - Similar Threads - Clearfishell dll either

2. DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Movex Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Movex Explorer: Hi,I'm trying to install an old generation ERP application called Movex Explorer 11.3 into a Windows 11 Pro version 23H2 but the installation failed halfway with prompted error "C:\Windows\SYSTEM32GSWDLL32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an...
  3. DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Movex Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Movex Explorer: Hi,I'm trying to install an old generation ERP application called Movex Explorer 11.3 into a Windows 11 Pro version 23H2 but the installation failed halfway with prompted error "C:\Windows\SYSTEM32GSWDLL32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an...
  4. "XAudio2_2.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "XAudio2_2.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.": Whenever I attempt to launch a good majority of my Steam games, I receive a DXSETUP.exe - Bad Image error:"C:\Windows\system32\XAudio2_2.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation...
  5. "XAudio2_2.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error."

"XAudio2_2.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.": Whenever I attempt to launch a good majority of my Steam games, I receive a DXSETUP.exe - Bad Image error:"C:\Windows\system32\XAudio2_2.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation...
  6. .dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error: Hey, so I have been getting this error with quite a few different DLLs including InstallService.dll D3D12CORE.dll and SystemSettingsThresholdAdminFlowUI.dll as well as many others. I'm not sure if this is relevant but I have,Ryzen 5 3600Gigabyte B550MOne 1TB HDD and one 1TB...
  7. .dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error

.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error: Hey, so I have been getting this error with quite a few different DLLs including InstallService.dll D3D12CORE.dll and SystemSettingsThresholdAdminFlowUI.dll as well as many others. I'm not sure if this is relevant but I have,Ryzen 5 3600Gigabyte B550MOne 1TB HDD and one 1TB...
  8. .dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. DLL is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DLL is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error: Hello microsoft support . I am having issues with one of the workstation computers that is part of the network that I run. The issue is that whenever I try to open Sonicwall NetExtender (a VPN client) i get an error that says "C:\windows\system32\rasman.dll is either not...
  10. "vccorlib140.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error."

in Windows 10 Customization
    "vccorlib140.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.": [IMG] please help me fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vccorlib140dll-is-either-not-designed-to-run-on/e1aed481-0291-410d-9225-b182fa948ae6