Windows 10: Clearing event viewer entries

Discus and support Clearing event viewer entries in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I construct a .bat file to clear entries in the event viewer. Thanks 12367 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Snakeyes, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Snakeyes Win User

Clearing event viewer entries

How can I construct a .bat file to clear entries in the event viewer. Thanks

:)

Snakeyes, Aug 3, 2015

2. Getting access denied error message when trying to clear the event viewer logs

Original title: event view log LIVELD

When I clear event viewer manually going through the logs that have entries I can clear them all except for liveld. I keep getting error access denied.

David Snider, Aug 3, 2015
  3. AdrienK Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer not working

Have you tried using Event Viewer? Try to open File Explorer, note the time you try to open it, and then look for an event under Event Viewer "applications". There should be an event for that time plus an "information" entry.

AdrienK, Aug 3, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Snakeyes Win User
    Appreciate the post. I had been using that bat file in Windows 7 but it does not seem to work in Windows 10. It seems to run, but the entries remain undeleted.

Snakeyes, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clearing event viewer entries - Similar Threads - Clearing event viewer

2. Event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event viewer entries: Am receiving entries in event viewer, which leave me confused.USBIEUpdate not working. Microsoft update says all ok.Dell Support Assist shows now problems.USB ports are working, as I am able to do back up to external hard drive.Device manager says USB drives are up to...
  3. Event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer entries: Am receiving entries in event viewer, which leave me confused.USBIEUpdate not working. Microsoft update says all ok.Dell Support Assist shows now problems.USB ports are working, as I am able to do back up to external hard drive.Device manager says USB drives are up to...
  4. Event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Event Viewer entry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer entry: Can someone please tell me what this means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-entry/db9ad763-b58d-4c2c-914a-1111a4f7ad96
  6. Event Viewer entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer entry: Can someone please tell me what this means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-entry/db9ad763-b58d-4c2c-914a-1111a4f7ad96
  7. Event Viewer entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Is there a batch file to clear Event Viewer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a batch file to clear Event Viewer?: I have one for Windows 7 and I was wondering if there was one out to clear the Event Viewer in Win 10 Home x64? OS Version10.0.18363.836 (Win10 19H2 [1909] November 2019 Update) I've just gotten Win 10 to behave as I like, but all the tweaking and restoring from backups,...
  9. Clear Event Viewer Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    Clear Event Viewer Scheduler?: Could someone make the "Clear All Event Viewer Logs using a BAT file" self starting such as making it run automatically on a daily basis or show me what code I would need to add to it to do that for me. I would just love to clear out the 10016s and 7031s codes daily. Thanks...
  10. Event Viewer limit number of entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer limit number of entries: I have a shortcut to open Event Viewer directly to System. Only need to see the most recent 100 entries. How can I limit the number? 105961