Clearing event viewer entries

Discus and support Clearing event viewer entries in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I construct a .bat file to clear entries in the event viewer. Thanks 12367 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Snakeyes, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Snakeyes Win User

How can I construct a .bat file to clear entries in the event viewer. Thanks

:)

Snakeyes, Aug 3, 2015
  2. David Snider Win User

Getting access denied error message when trying to clear the event viewer logs

Original title: event view log LIVELD

When I clear event viewer manually going through the logs that have entries I can clear them all except for liveld. I keep getting error access denied.

David Snider, Aug 3, 2015
  3. AdrienK Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer not working

Have you tried using Event Viewer? Try to open File Explorer, note the time you try to open it, and then look for an event under Event Viewer "applications". There should be an event for that time plus an "information" entry.

AdrienK, Aug 3, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Snakeyes Win User
    Appreciate the post. I had been using that bat file in Windows 7 but it does not seem to work in Windows 10. It seems to run, but the entries remain undeleted.

Snakeyes, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clearing event viewer entries - Similar Threads - Clearing event viewer

2. 5 Best Photo viewers for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    5 Best Photo viewers for Windows 10: Photos hold a sentimental value and remind us of good times with family and friends. To relieve these happy moments, Windows 10 comes with a default app called Photos that allows users to browse through their saved photos, but it’s not perfect. With time, third-party photo...
  3. After 1803 Intel Wireless-N 7254/3265 Bluetooth Bluescreens. How to clear ALL Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After 1803 Intel Wireless-N 7254/3265 Bluetooth Bluescreens. How to clear ALL Bluetooth...: I have decent Windows 10 skills but this one has me stumped so need advice/direction. This concerns my work notebook/ultrabook Asus UX305FA, running windows 10 x64 1803 build 17134.165 After the 1803 update, as it happened my Bluetooth device, a function of Intel's...
  4. Event wiewer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event wiewer: HI I have a uestion,,In event viewer in the security section,can delete the number of events in the security log? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/event-wiewer/6ce4ff04-2e21-4fd1-a5c0-0aea4451bdc0"
  5. Microsoft Store saying not connected to internet when I clearly am

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store saying not connected to internet when I clearly am: I have tried all the offered solutions for Microsoft store thinking it is not connected to the network when I clearly am. Option 3 say uninstall the application, but on my system uninstall for Microsoft Store is not an option (Grayed out) does anyone have a real solution...
  6. windows 10 hungs in recovery mode when asked to clear TPM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 hungs in recovery mode when asked to clear TPM: Hi I need help to restore my windows 10. I reformat my HP laptop using windows recovery and follow the step by step to clear everything on my laptop and when it asked me to clear TPM I selected F1 to clear it and after pressing this the screen shows processing with the...
  7. event ID 4199: address conflict for IP address 0.0.0.0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    event ID 4199: address conflict for IP address 0.0.0.0: My Windows 10 Pro PC is getting IP address from DHCP server. I always get "IP address conflict" message after I reboot my computer. I tried disable IPv6, the message was gone, but I cannot use Microsoft Edge at that time. Any idea?...
  8. UEFI remove unwanted boot entries from BIOS solved easily

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI remove unwanted boot entries from BIOS solved easily: Hi folks with UEFI if you've installed say some Linux versions and you don't want them any more you might still see these at boot if you go into your BIOS boot menu. Easy way to fix these i.e remove them 1) Go into command mode (run as administrator) 2) type bcdedit /enum...
  9. Computer crashes and DistributedCOM 10016 error is in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes and DistributedCOM 10016 error is in Event Viewer: Hello, I just upgraded from win 7 64bit to win 10 pro 64 bit and my pc has randomly crashed many times a day. In the Event Viewer at crash time, there is a Distributed COM 10016 error The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission...
  10. Network Connection Event Logs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Connection Event Logs: Windows 10 Pro desktop with ethernet cable to router, no wi-fi. This should be simple, but after extensive search, I have been unable to find an answer. I would like to open an event log, then disconnect/reconnect my ethernet cable (causing a disconnection/reconnection to the...