Windows 10: Clearing out duplicate music files between windows and itunes

Discus and support Clearing out duplicate music files between windows and itunes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have ended up with what I suspect are many duplicate files in my windows 10 music folder. I have individual folders by artist, plus I have both an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EileenSimpkins, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Clearing out duplicate music files between windows and itunes

I have ended up with what I suspect are many duplicate files in my windows 10 music folder. I have individual folders by artist, plus I have both an iTunes folder (inside of which are individual folders by artist) and an iTunes music folder (inside of which are also some of the same individual folders by artist!) How can I tell which files iTunes is finding and playing, so I can get rid of the duplicates?

:)

EileenSimpkins, Sep 12, 2019

2. I have duplicated files in itunes, exactly the same piece of music but in two different locations.

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, kindly provide us the following information below:

• Does this only happen when you are using iTunes?
    • Are the music files being duplicated when you try to import songs?
    • Have you tried to delete one of the songs and see if it will be affecting the other file of the same title?

Meanwhile, if the duplication process is being triggered by the application. It would be best to contact iTunes support to have them explained the process on why the files are being duplicated.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Sep 12, 2019
  3. PJDotNet Win User
    Duplicate Music/Photos files on my SD Card

After unsuccessfully trying every other suggested workaround for this issue, the following workaround finally fixed the problem on two wp8 devices for me (Samsung Ativ S and Nokia Lumina 520):

• On wp8 phone, in “Xbox Music + Videos” app go to Settings and Initially turn off both
      “Connect with Xbox Music” and “Xbox Music cloud collection” options. You can turn on those two options at end of this procedure if desired wih no negative side effects.
    • Transfer the music files to your phone using “Windows Phone for desktop”
      app. I copied all the music that I wanted on my phone, which was a combination of DRM-free personally-owned .mp3 files and Xbox Music Pass DRM-protected .wma files (subscription rental music) to the wp8 phone using
      ‘Windows Phone for desktop’ app. At the end of this process, I had duplicates (or multiple instances) of almost every song in my library. The next step is the one that fixes the problem.
    • All the credit for this steps goes to David at Labs 7: please follow the exact steps on this page:

http://7labs.heypub.com/mobile/fix-media-library-duplicates-windows-phone-8.html

• After following those steps, your phone needs some time (based on your library size) to rebuild its music library file, so give it time until your music starts re-appearing in the
      Xbox Music + Videos app. It took about 1 minute for my 1,800 song library
    • If you wish, now you can turn on both “Connect with Xbox Music” and
      “Xbox Music cloud collection”
      options in Settings section in “Xbox Music + Videos” if you’d like to take advantage of those features, I have them both on and there is no duplication as the result of it.

PJDotNet, Sep 12, 2019
  4. CanAm Win User

Clearing out duplicate music files between windows and itunes

Using Windows 10 File Explorer To Back Up iTunes With A Flash Drive

Hi all,

I bought a 128 GB flash drive to back up my entire iTunes playlist using the Windows 10 File Explorer, and I want to confirm the steps I plan to take.....

Go to File Explorer and select Music / iTunes / iTunes Music. Plug in the flash drive. Drag the iTunes Music file to the flash drive.

Correct?

CanAm, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Clearing out duplicate music files between windows and itunes

1. Clearing out duplicate music files between windows and itunes - Similar Threads - Clearing duplicate music

2. Personal music in iTunes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal music in iTunes: I have iTunes on my Windows 10 desktop. I have imported some CDs into iTunes on it. How do I get that music to show up in iTunes on my new laptop Windows 11? The laptop doesn't have a CD drive, so I can't import them directly to the PC....
  3. Personal music in iTunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal music in iTunes: I have iTunes on my Windows 10 desktop. I have imported some CDs into iTunes on it. How do I get that music to show up in iTunes on my new laptop Windows 11? The laptop doesn't have a CD drive, so I can't import them directly to the PC....
  4. Duplicate copy music files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate copy music files: I've recently been transferring files to hard drives and I've notice the original file path now shows a duplicate file with a copy tag. I have tried to uncheck file merge path through settings. Is it possible to remove duplicates, rather than individual deleting? Best...
  5. windows music player keeps duplicating music files ext drive g

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows music player keeps duplicating music files ext drive g: windows Media Player keeps duplicating music external drive g Library https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-music-player-keeps-duplicating-music-files/a8c9cfbc-b456-4338-a8f3-2e388b125fbb
  6. Groove Music and iTunes

Groove Music and iTunes: I downloaded an audio file and chose the format to be iTunes with success. The second audio file I downloaded went directly to Groove music and I am not able to access it from iTunes. How do I sync Groove music with my iTunes? I no longer have access to the downloadable...
  7. Can't find itunes music files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find itunes music files: iTunes says that it cannot find my music files, and this is true for almost all of my music. I found where the music is actually located and also where iTunes is 'looking'. Those two places are, of course, different. There are 17 files that are in the correct location and I...
  8. iTunes/Music backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    iTunes/Music backup: Before I do a clean install of Windows 10, I would like to know how to back up any music which isn't covered by my iTunes Match subscription. I know that I shall be able to bring in most of my music and I have backed up the ring tones which I have created to a thumb drive. I...
  9. Itunes can not drop files to iphone music

Itunes can not drop files to iphone music: Hello this is my problem so till 1 month ago it worked fine droping music from desktop directly to iphone music https://i.imgur.com/w4v7YbP.png Now it doesnt work this round shape red icon appears when i try to drag and drop i would like to enable again this feature...
  10. how to move iphone music in itunes to windows itunes

how to move iphone music in itunes to windows itunes: How do I transfer iphone music that is in itunes to window pc itunes ? this include purchased and non-purchased from itunes. 25468

Users found this page by searching for:

1. itunes keeps duplicating my music!