Windows 10: Clearing out unwanted app at startup

Discus and support Clearing out unwanted app at startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have loaded up a Wacom pad and am very happy with it. BUT The Wacom desktop centre app automatically loads at startup. As I started to use the pad,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ALANGR, Jan 19, 2020.

1. ALANGR Win User

Clearing out unwanted app at startup

I have loaded up a Wacom pad and am very happy with it.
    BUT
    The Wacom desktop centre app automatically loads at startup. As I started to use the pad, this was helpful but I have now created a desktop item for that and have now tried to remove the automatic startup at booting without success.

I have looked at start-up in settings and in task manager and the app does not appear.

How do I prevent this app from starting automatically?

Thanks in advance; it is probably very straightforward but I have nnot found it!

W10 ver 1909

:)

ALANGR, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Clearing out unwanted app at startup

Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Clearing out unwanted app at startup

1. Clearing out unwanted app at startup - Similar Threads - Clearing unwanted app

2. Unkown startup app - no clear name, no file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unkown startup app - no clear name, no file location: There is an application under the "startup apps" of task manager and cannot find the application which is related that. And cannot find the file location as well. And the name of this application contains ~ 150 characters with simple letters, capital letters and numbers. How...
  3. Unkown startup app - no clear name, no file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unkown startup app - no clear name, no file location: There is an application under the "startup apps" of task manager and cannot find the application which is related that. And cannot find the file location as well. And the name of this application contains ~ 150 characters with simple letters, capital letters and numbers. How...
  4. Unwanted apps !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted apps !: Good morning,after getting two replies about "unwanted apps" yesterday thankyouthe question is how do I install something I consider safe ? Will I have to turn off the protection while I download it and then add it to exclusions ? I tried to download it as a file this morning...
  5. Unwanted apps !

Unwanted apps !: Good morning,after getting two replies about "unwanted apps" yesterday thankyouthe question is how do I install something I consider safe ? Will I have to turn off the protection while I download it and then add it to exclusions ? I tried to download it as a file this morning...
  6. Unwanted apps !

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Unwanted apps !

Unwanted apps !: After posting a question regarding unwanted apps, a few minutes ago I found this ! I guess it answers my question ! I am still unsure whether to turn this off or not ? I have used the Viddly downloader for a long time now so unsure what to do !BrianFound this !"Starting in...
  8. Unwanted apps !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted apps !: After posting a question regarding unwanted apps, a few minutes ago I found this ! I guess it answers my question ! I am still unsure whether to turn this off or not ? I have used the Viddly downloader for a long time now so unsure what to do !BrianFound this !"Starting in...
  9. Clearing out unwanted files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clearing out unwanted files on Windows 10: I have an oldish HP Laptop with a 32Gb Solid State C Drive it appears only 29.1Gb is usable and I can't run Windows Updates because of low disk space I'm told there's only 154Mb free.I use the available utilities and it tells me there are about 1.5Gb of Temporary Files and...
  10. Unwanted Apps

Unwanted Apps: I have about 40 apps that automatically downloaded from the MS Store according to the Store without any request or action from me sometime after I installed Win 10. Many of these appear in the Start menu’s scrolling list of shortcuts, making it difficult to find what I’m...