Windows 10: Clearing Password

Discus and support Clearing Password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a friend who inherited a laptop that is password protected. The person was wise and did not have a notebook of passwords. Outside of blowing the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MavMin, Dec 9, 2018.

1. MavMin Win User

Clearing Password

I have a friend who inherited a laptop that is password protected. The person was wise and did not have a notebook of passwords. Outside of blowing the OS away and reload (she has no disks) is there a legal software to remove the password?*Sad

:)

MavMin, Dec 9, 2018

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Dec 9, 2018
  3. pr3fix Win User
    Dell bios passwords 595B and 2A7B

pr3fix, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Clearing Password

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Clearing Password

1. Clearing Password - Similar Threads - Clearing Password

2. How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?: How do you close a single file and/or clear a file from the Recent Docs list in Wordpad? This applies to using Wordpad from any device. ***Modified title from: Closing files in Wordpad ***...
  3. HOW DO I SEE WHAT IS IN DOWNLOADS FOLDER BEFORE I CLEAR IT WHEN I AM TRYING TO CREATE MORE...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW DO I SEE WHAT IS IN DOWNLOADS FOLDER BEFORE I CLEAR IT WHEN I AM TRYING TO CREATE MORE...: I cant seem to get into the downloads folder driving me nuts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-what-is-in-downloads-folder-before-i/6f88379b-66ae-4335-b238-02725ea5dbc5"
  4. HP Factory Reset stuck on a clear TPM screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Factory Reset stuck on a clear TPM screen.: I have a HP Laptop and tried to reset it to give to my daughter. I am now seeing a black screen with a blue box asking to clear the TPM. I have tried the F12 and the volume up and down. I have tried to turn it off but it pops back up on the same screen. My mouse isn't working...
  5. how do I clear cookies

how do I clear cookies: How do I clear or remove cookies related to pop up ads from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-cookies/2eb5a9cc-7692-433a-9589-842984c26dca
  6. Windows 10 asks me for my pin after several weeks and clears my taskbar and saved passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 asks me for my pin after several weeks and clears my taskbar and saved passwords: Windows 10 asks me for my pin after several weeks and clears my taskbar and saved passwords My settings are set so that I don't have to type in my pin to login in Windows 10. It seems to be random that it decides to ask for my pin. Whenever it happens though, it clears the...
  7. Clear timeline activity history - not working . . .

Clear timeline activity history - not working . . .: Some activities are grayed-out and won't clear. What does it even mean for an activity to be grayed-out? Some activities are NOT grayed-out but still won't clear. While on the subject, I want to request finer control over WHAT appears on the time-line. If I have marked a...
  8. how to get picture clear on the desk top background

how to get picture clear on the desk top background: how to get back ground desk top to be clear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-picture-clear-on-the-desk-top/8d80a087-0ae2-4eee-8287-5660cfb2fa97
  9. How to clear the Display cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear the Display cache in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows Display Cache contains all the data related to your computer display. It helps the computer to remember what mode and resolution to use when a particular display output is detected. This helps avoid the hassle of manually applying [...] This post...
  10. What is the meaning of the red dot (X) on file folders ? How does one clear them? I see not...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the meaning of the red dot (X) on file folders ? How does one clear them? I see not...: Red dots with a x have appeared on my file folders after transferring pictures from a back up drive to a new dell system, What do they mean? How do I correct ? files look ok but some of the pictures are not opening on their own....