Windows 10: Clearing storage - device says I have more being stored than what I can see significantly

Discus and support Clearing storage - device says I have more being stored than what I can see significantly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my 110 GB C: drive I have a D drive as well the system says I only have 147 MB remaining. 85.8 GB of which is in Apps and Features. When I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Neel A, May 28, 2020.

1. Neel A Win User

Clearing storage - device says I have more being stored than what I can see significantly

In my 110 GB C: drive I have a D drive as well the system says I only have 147 MB remaining. 85.8 GB of which is in Apps and Features. When I click this and then sort by size for file C the top result is Adobe Acrobat Reader, with only 674 MB it then rapidly descends in value so there is no way it can add up to 110 GB. Anyone got any solutions and why it is listing as 110GB and full? I need a lot of space for updates etc.

:)

Neel A, May 28, 2020

2. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 28, 2020
  3. store

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community!

I would suggest you to clear the cache memory of the Windows Store app.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window

• Type wsreset.exe and hit enter.

Now try to open Windows store and see if that helps.

Waseemulla S, May 28, 2020
  4. Clearing storage - device says I have more being stored than what I can see significantly

Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Clearing storage - device says I have more being stored than what I can see significantly

1. Clearing storage - device says I have more being stored than what I can see significantly - Similar Threads - Clearing storage device

2. PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.: My PC says that I am using 449 gigabytes when I counted up how much I was using on apps & features, other people, pictures, documents, and temporary files and it amounted to 38.71 gigabytes. It says that apps and features are using 397 gigabytes, which is most of the storage...
  3. PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.: My PC says that I am using 449 gigabytes when I counted up how much I was using on apps & features, other people, pictures, documents, and temporary files and it amounted to 38.71 gigabytes. It says that apps and features are using 397 gigabytes, which is most of the storage...
  4. PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage showing incorrect values, saying I'm using way more storage than I have

Storage showing incorrect values, saying I'm using way more storage than I have: The storage calculator is reporting incorrect values, it's showing that I have 330 TB of documents when I clearly only have 1.81 TB of space. The number also keeps going up and down and even has gone up to PB. Why is this happening?...
  6. Storage showing incorrect values, saying I'm using way more storage than I have

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage showing incorrect values, saying I'm using way more storage than I have: The storage calculator is reporting incorrect values, it's showing that I have 330 TB of documents when I clearly only have 1.81 TB of space. The number also keeps going up and down and even has gone up to PB. Why is this happening?...
  7. Storage showing incorrect values, saying I'm using way more storage than I have

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. More notifications than I have?!?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    More notifications than I have?!?!: Hello. Every time I get a notification its ok. Shows up normally and everything, but then when I look at the bottom right corner I see something like 99+. I then open it and see one notification. How can I solve this issue?...
  9. Windows store saying I have no applicable device linked to my account when I can see it on...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store saying I have no applicable device linked to my account when I can see it on...: I just used the xbox game pass code that came with my GPU and I cannot download any xbox pass game to my pc. I have tried resetting the windows store, I updated my windows to the latest version, I have restarted, shut down and rebooted, changed my account info, unlinked and...
  10. when trying to clear files for more storage I erased thigs I shouldnt have

when trying to clear files for more storage I erased thigs I shouldnt have: I submitted last evening. I rec a reply but couldn't hook up today I tried but no show. So I have a little predicament I had been being told every time I was in the house to free up some space because my c:\ was getting full. And it was so I decided to free up some, so I had...