Windows 10: Clearing Threat in Protection History Windows 10 2004

Discus and support Clearing Threat in Protection History Windows 10 2004 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Defender detected a threat in a file that is no longer on that drive. Unfortunately there seems to be no way I can get that alert to go away.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bigdog, Aug 13, 2020.

1. bigdog Win User

Clearing Threat in Protection History Windows 10 2004

Defender detected a threat in a file that is no longer on that drive. Unfortunately there seems to be no way I can get that alert to go away. RE-scanning doesn't work. Telling it to Remove it doesn't work. RE-booting doesn't work..

Any ideas?

Thanks

Clearing Threat in Protection History Windows 10 2004 [​IMG]

:)

bigdog, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Zehlewi Win User

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Unable to clear protection history

I am using Windows 10 Home build 1909 and I am unable to clear the Windows Security Protection History...

I have tried...

Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender

Right click on it and select clear log.

and

Delete folder Service C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service .

After deleting the folder Service, off and turn on (OFF>ON) Real-Time protection and Cloud protection.

And neither suggestion works. Are there any other suggestions to clear the protection history

Microsoft needs to reinstall the clear button.

I have entries because I had Controlled folder access turned on by accident... I have it off now.

Jack Smook, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

You can use the Powershell command Get-MpPreference to get the status of Defender settings.

There are various Group Policy settings to control how Defender operates. This option lets you define when to clear the threat history.

Clearing Threat in Protection History Windows 10 2004 [​IMG]

Steve C, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Clearing Threat in Protection History Windows 10 2004 - Similar Threads - Clearing Threat Protection

2. threats/virus are not getting cleared from protection history in windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    threats/virus are not getting cleared from protection history in windows defender: after scan through window defender i still getting virus?threats . and these threats/virus are not getting cleared from protection history. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threatsvirus-are-not-getting-cleared-from/7b286a3a-ef60-4ff6-ab10-51f9df8d568e
  3. threats/virus are not getting cleared from protection history in windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    threats/virus are not getting cleared from protection history in windows defender: after scan through window defender i still getting virus?threats . and these threats/virus are not getting cleared from protection history. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threatsvirus-are-not-getting-cleared-from/7b286a3a-ef60-4ff6-ab10-51f9df8d568e
  4. Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History: How can I clear Microsoft defender protection history?I'm running Windows 11 version 22H2 os-build 22623.1037 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-microsoft-defender-protection-history/ca2e4b89-5656-4576-9c2d-5636152c1a92
  5. Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History

Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History: How can I clear Microsoft defender protection history?I'm running Windows 11 version 22H2 os-build 22623.1037 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-microsoft-defender-protection-history/ca2e4b89-5656-4576-9c2d-5636152c1a92
  6. Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History: I have Windows 10 Home 21H1 OS Build 19043.2251.Under Virus & Threat Protection there is PUA:Win32/Solvusoft. How do I remove this without me personally touching registries? I do not want to manually touch registries. I already deleted the file download that triggered this....
  7. Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History

Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History: I have Windows 10 Home 21H1 OS Build 19043.2251.Under Virus & Threat Protection there is PUA:Win32/Solvusoft. How do I remove this without me personally touching registries? I do not want to manually touch registries. I already deleted the file download that triggered this....
  8. Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Can't Clear Protection History In Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't Clear Protection History In Windows Security: While Real-Time protection was off I have went to1, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service and deleted everything in that everything in the service folder2. Clear the Microsoft Defender Protection History Using the Event Viewer. Setting to to clear...
  10. Unable to clear protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to clear protection history: I am using Windows 10 Home build 1909 and I am unable to clear the Windows Security Protection History... I have tried... Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender Right click on it and select...