Windows 10: Clearing TPM

Discus and support Clearing TPM in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ha system image backup and am now resetting my Windows 10 laptop so it can be returned for a warranty repair. Is it ok to clear the TPM and will this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jollybags66, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Clearing TPM

I ha system image backup and am now resetting my Windows 10 laptop so it can be returned for a warranty repair. Is it ok to clear the TPM and will this be restored to my laptop when I restore the system image backup?

Many thanks

:)

Jollybags66, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Clear tpm

Hi I'm trying to reset my laptop to factory settings and its saying clear TPM. Or configuration change was requested for this computer's TPM.

Louise Robert, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Clearing TPM

TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Clearing TPM

1. Clearing TPM - Similar Threads - Clearing TPM

2. Stuck on TPM clear after windows factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on TPM clear after windows factory reset: Hello, I wanted to factory reset my computer so i did it through windows 10 settings. After that the TPM Clear showed up and it says press F12 to enable…. And Esc to reject and continue. My keyboard lights are on but when i press f12 or esc nothing happens.. I tried power...
  3. Stuck on TPM clear after windows factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on TPM clear after windows factory reset: Hello, I wanted to factory reset my computer so i did it through windows 10 settings. After that the TPM Clear showed up and it says press F12 to enable…. And Esc to reject and continue. My keyboard lights are on but when i press f12 or esc nothing happens.. I tried power...
  4. Stuck on TPM clear after windows factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to reset windows 10 laptop asking to clear tpm

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to reset windows 10 laptop asking to clear tpm: I have a windows 10 laptop im trying to reset so i can sell it, but when i tried to reset it it asked if i wanted to clear the computers tpm, i selected yes after reading some guides online, but when i did put me on an “undoing changes” screen before sending me back to my...
  6. How to reset windows 10 laptop asking to clear tpm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset windows 10 laptop asking to clear tpm: I have a windows 10 laptop im trying to reset so i can sell it, but when i tried to reset it it asked if i wanted to clear the computers tpm, i selected yes after reading some guides online, but when i did put me on an “undoing changes” screen before sending me back to my...
  7. How to reset windows 10 laptop asking to clear tpm

8. Clear TPM time

Clear TPM time: Hi, I have a problem on my hp laptop. After I did a bios update everytime I boot the pc gives me this error: There is an issue with trusted platform module TPM data.Press [Y] to: Clear TPM or whatever it isPress [N] to: continue with current TPM data.And a note below. I'm a...
  9. Clear TPM time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clear TPM time: Hi, I have a problem on my hp laptop. After I did a bios update everytime I boot the pc gives me this error: There is an issue with trusted platform module TPM data.Press [Y] to: Clear TPM or whatever it isPress [N] to: continue with current TPM data.And a note below. I'm a...
  10. Clear TPM time

in Windows 10 Gaming

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does not clearing tpm leave files

2. accidently cleared tpm