Windows 10: Clearing TPM

Discus and support Clearing TPM in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ha system image backup and am now resetting my Windows 10 laptop so it can be returned for a warranty repair. Is it ok to clear the TPM and will this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jollybags66, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Jollybags66 Win User

Clearing TPM

I ha system image backup and am now resetting my Windows 10 laptop so it can be returned for a warranty repair. Is it ok to clear the TPM and will this be restored to my laptop when I restore the system image backup?

Many thanks

:)

Jollybags66, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Louise Robert Win User
    Clear tpm

Hi I'm trying to reset my laptop to factory settings and its saying clear TPM. Or configuration change was requested for this computer's TPM.

Louise Robert, Sep 7, 2018
  4. ReeeeallyThough Win User

Clearing TPM

TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Clearing TPM

1. Clearing TPM - Similar Threads - Clearing TPM

2. What is the best way to clear windows 10, 1803 cache.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the best way to clear windows 10, 1803 cache.: Hello, I need to clear my laptop of cache because I am having trouble with some updates not loading or installing on my laptop and have found on the web that clearing them will help. Could someone please send me latest instructions on how to do this please and do I need to...
  3. Fuzzy/blurry webcam and camera Windows 10 - user facing is fuzzy and world facing is clear...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fuzzy/blurry webcam and camera Windows 10 - user facing is fuzzy and world facing is clear...: I've tried this in camera mode, video mode on Zoom and Skype - all are fuzzy in user facing but clear in world facing. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fuzzyblurry-webcam-and-camera-windows-10-user/60a6206c-4684-428c-a2ad-82f75d41816b
  4. Old tpm not cleared before booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old tpm not cleared before booting: I activated my tpm module in the bios after installing w10 on a formatted drive, the bios required a restart before the newly activated tpm module could be cleared from previous user data, but before i could press an f key to boot to bios after the restart to clear the tpm it...
  5. windows 10 hungs in recovery mode when asked to clear TPM

windows 10 hungs in recovery mode when asked to clear TPM: Hi I need help to restore my windows 10. I reformat my HP laptop using windows recovery and follow the step by step to clear everything on my laptop and when it asked me to clear TPM I selected F1 to clear it and after pressing this the screen shows processing with the...
  6. Windows Defender > Security Processor > Clear TPM multiple times request (after several...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender > Security Processor > Clear TPM multiple times request (after several...: Hi, I'm using Windows Home (no BitLocker) on an AMD A4-7210 processor and yesterday I left the PC running Windows Updates. These are the updates logged in the history yesterday and today: Quality Updates (2018-07-11):...
  7. WD keeps asking for restart to clear TPM module

WD keeps asking for restart to clear TPM module: Hi folks I'm geeting incessant nags from WD to restart to clear TPM module --when I do a restart and clear the TPM it still keeps nagging Any ideas on latest W10 version and update PC is HP Envy. Intel I5 Cheers jimbo 113466
  8. Clearing TPM question

Clearing TPM question: So My laptop keeps moaning at me about there being an issue with my tpm firmware. I have contacted HP and they said it is fine and as long as I have latest BIOS its ok. As part of the windows guidance it says after the "tpm update", clear the tpm. I would like to try this as...
  9. Clearing TPM, did not ask for BitLocker Recovery key on system restart

Clearing TPM, did not ask for BitLocker Recovery key on system restart: Hi guys, I know I had been overwhelming here with all my BitLocker and TPM related questions, but hopefully this should be my final concerns. I have BitLocker full encryption enabled on my HDD. 1. Recently, I had this issue when going to the TPM.msc console and...
  10. TPM cleared Windows stuck

TPM cleared Windows stuck: Cleared TPM after password logon problems. Now Window stuck on 64% on initializing screen keep flashing Dell welcome screen then initializing screen for Windows with 64% and bottom of screen says something configuration 0% computer will restart in a few moments that was 6 hrs...