Windows 10: Clearly Superior Technologies Trackball Stopped working with latest update

Discus and support Clearly Superior Technologies Trackball Stopped working with latest update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last night, It's May 16th 2020 today, I received some kind of automatic update for windows 10. Today, my beloved Superior Technologies trackball mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulVo1, May 16, 2020.

1. PaulVo1 Win User

Clearly Superior Technologies Trackball Stopped working with latest update

Last night, It's May 16th 2020 today, I received some kind of automatic update for windows 10. Today, my beloved Superior Technologies trackball mouse no longer works. I'm using an old wired mouse a the moment - that works. The trackball will feebly move the cursor if I unplug it and plug it in again, and the mouse buttons work, but that's it. After a few moments the erratic pointer motion stops altogether.

Please help. There are no updates for their mouse driver as the company went BK and have been bought. The particular model I own is no longer supported. I love this trackball.

:)

PaulVo1, May 16, 2020

2. Need some opinions on a replacement Trackball Mice

Hi Everyone, I have used the Microsoft Trackball Explorer since it first hit the market, I've loved it because of it's large trackball and my big fat fingers work so well together, Microsoft discontinued the product and even though it can still be found on Amazon, I will not be paying over 600 for one ever.

The 2 that I own have been rebuilt, and rebuilt, and they have pretty much reached the end of the road, so I am looking for a new trackball mouse with a large trackball, I have other regular mice but I prefer the trackball as I like it stationary.

So I would like some suggestions from fellow trackball users of a good quality trackball with a large trackball, that you are personally using for gaming, please list the pros and cons or likes and dislikes of what you recommend?

Thank You! GM

GelatanousMuck, May 16, 2020
  3. 2wicked Win User
    Trackball mice

I have both of those and can say the TrackBall TrackMan Wheel is the better of the two you listed.

The marble trackball has no scroll wheel only two buttons to scroll with and only work if you have the logitech software installed and not recommended if you play any games.
    The trackman is a little to small for my hand, so if you have big hands it may be uncomfortable.

I have yet to find any thing that out does my microsoft trackball optical (discontinued).

2wicked, May 16, 2020
  4. Sqrly Win User

Microsoft Trackball Optical 4 button

You go here
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/trackball-optical
    and tell it you have windows 7 and download Intellipoint 8.2.

Then you uninstall "Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center" through the control panel and install the Intellipoint software instead.

Now when you go to your mouse settings you will see the correct mouse.

My question is, why does the mouse and keyboard center list the "Trackball Explorer" as a compatible device when it clearly is not and do they plan to correct this mistake?

Note: Microsoft made a HUGE, STUPID, SHORTSIGHTED, IDIOTIC, and UNPROFITABLE mistake when they stopped selling these.

They go for over $300 new on ebay now. All they needed to do was change the material the 3 small bearings where made of. (FYI you can buy replacement bearings on Ebay now.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/181397152177)

Sqrly, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Clearly Superior Technologies Trackball Stopped working with latest update - Similar Threads - Clearly Superior Technologies

2. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  3. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  4. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  6. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  7. adata superior sh93

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    adata superior sh93: i just found my external hard drive from a long time ago i have never pluged it into my newer comp. when i pluged it in there is nothing in my drives folder. i haved searched and cannot find a driver for this drive what do i do?...
  8. Printer stopped working with latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer stopped working with latest Windows update: I have an Epson 2650 that was working fine yesterday. Updated to the new Windows Update and the new update that rolled out afterward to evidently fix some other issues from the new update. Now the printer will not work at all. Have tried removing printer and readding,...
  9. USB stopped working after latest update

USB stopped working after latest update: USB stopped working after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-stopped-working-after-latest-update/852dc6e9-8f23-4440-9b8e-deb3f802b4b2
  10. Mouse stopped working after latest update?

Mouse stopped working after latest update?: I've grown a deep disdain for Microsoft products and their crappy updates. My computer was working fine and then suddenly my mouse stopped working. The USB doesn't detect ANYTHING now. A Google search shows just about EVERY year a Microsoft update causes USB issues. All...