Windows 10: ClearType does not stay on after restart/shut down, even with Fast Startup disabled.

Discus and support ClearType does not stay on after restart/shut down, even with Fast Startup disabled. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ClearType keeps disabling itself after any restart or shut down. I have to manually turn it on each time, and then restart the computer once the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IT_Ayden, Mar 31, 2021.

1. IT_Ayden Win User

ClearType does not stay on after restart/shut down, even with Fast Startup disabled.

ClearType keeps disabling itself after any restart or shut down. I have to manually turn it on each time, and then restart the computer once the settings are saved.

However, once I shut down or restart again, ClearType is once again disabled. I have the option for Fast Startup disabled, my monitor resolution is where it needs to be. I cannot seem to find any solution on other forums aside from "Disable Fast Startup".

Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

IT_Ayden, Mar 31, 2021

2. Fast Startup Setting in Windows 10 will not stay enabled

Hibernate IS enabled, but the Fast Startup box will not stay checked.

Beasley104, Mar 31, 2021
  3. How to disable Fast Startup?

Thanks Bree, for that link. I've been using Shift - Shut Down since I learned about it just yesterday. I was wondering about ways to shut down from the command line. Didn't know about shutdown.exe until I read Option Eight.

Now that I have your attention: I wanted to disable Fast Startup but my control-panel option is permanently checked and greyed out so I can't un-check it even though I am logged in as Administrator. See attached screen shot. Any suggestions?

Rich Pasco, Mar 31, 2021
  4. ClearType does not stay on after restart/shut down, even with Fast Startup disabled.

Windows 8.1 Pro Slow When Restarting But Cold Boot Is Fast

Hi starvinmarvin, this is Techhelper89. I'm here to help.

Try the following troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Disable Fast Startup and check if it works for you.

Fast startup is a new feature in Windows to help your PC start up faster after shutting down. When turned on, Windows does this by using a hybrid shutdown (a partial hibernate) method that saves only the kernel session and device drivers (system
    information) to hibernate (hiberfil.sys) file on disk instead of closing it when you shut down your PC.

Steps:

1. Press Windows + X key and click Control Panel.
    2. Click on Power options.
    3. Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    4. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable. If it prompts to click on yes, then click Yes.
    5. Uncheck Turn on fast startup (Recommended) under shutdown settings.
    6. Click Save changes to configure the settings.

The link I have found these steps from is slow restart problem -windows 10. (This is another post on the Microsoft Community.)

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks.

834e5206-26cf-43e1-a121-0fab5d3e1d44, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

ClearType does not stay on after restart/shut down, even with Fast Startup disabled.

1. ClearType does not stay on after restart/shut down, even with Fast Startup disabled. - Similar Threads - ClearType does stay

2. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...: When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting down.../restarting..." screen and gets stuckthe only work around is if windows needs to restart for an update, or physically turning off the pc and turning it on again with the power button....
  3. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...: When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting down.../restarting..." screen and gets stuckthe only work around is if windows needs to restart for an update, or physically turning off the pc and turning it on again with the power button....
  4. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.: Original issue locked thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-shutting-down-even-hibernate-when-fast-startup/9f5a172a-8ab4-4a45-a301-3996a69ae863When I try to poweroff the laptop from start menu. It tries to shutdownblue shutting down.. screen and...
  6. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.: Original issue locked thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-shutting-down-even-hibernate-when-fast-startup/9f5a172a-8ab4-4a45-a301-3996a69ae863When I try to poweroff the laptop from start menu. It tries to shutdownblue shutting down.. screen and...
  7. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.: When I try to poweroff the laptop from start menu. It tries to shutdownblue shutting down.. screen and screen turns off. But within a second the screen lits up again on the lock screen. If fast startup is disabled, this issue no longer exists. When I open event viewer, I...
  9. When I disable fast startup, my laptop can't shut down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I disable fast startup, my laptop can't shut down.: Hi, some days ago, I was having a problem where I could not shutdown my laptop. But disabling fast startup fixed it. But my boot time is really less. When I enable it, my laptop does not shut down. Any ideas? Any help is much appreciated....
  10. Light stays on after shutting down.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Light stays on after shutting down.: Hello there, My GTX Gaming G1 1070 and Corsair H100i v2 Liquid Cooler LED's stay on faintly even after turning off the computer. The GTX 1070 still fades in and out of different colours and the Liquid Cooler contains its white but faint light coming from the Corsair Logo....