Windows 10: ClearType makes text purple on a 4k TV

Discus and support ClearType makes text purple on a 4k TV in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I noticed this when I started using Sony X900F TV as a monitor a few days ago, but it's under a specific set of circumstances. When I set the TV in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/durrburger93, Jul 13, 2020.

1. ClearType makes text purple on a 4k TV

I noticed this when I started using Sony X900F TV as a monitor a few days ago, but it's under a specific set of circumstances.

When I set the TV in game mode, which is required for PC usage due to input lag, all the letters in File Explorer, Chrome, and some other programs have a slight purple tinge.

This only happens in game mode with ClearType enabled, when I disable it the letters are black again but slightly more difficult to read even at 4k, it's not bad but would prefer to keep Clear on and retain the black regular color.

On other TV modes, they are still black even with Cleartype on, so no idea whats' the problem. A year ago I was using another TV as a monitor, Samsung NU7100 which was considerably worse but had 0 issues of this type.

submitted by /u/durrburger93
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/durrburger93, Jul 13, 2020

2. How to reset ClearType text to factory settings in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

How to Make Text Easier to Read using ClearType in Windows 10

• To get to the ClearType take an entry to the
      Control Panel and select the Display option.
    • On the right pane of the Display window click on
      Adjust ClearType Text link.
    • A ClearType Text Tuner window will appear on your screen. Select the
      checkbox Turn on ClearType and click
      Next button to go to the next step
    • After turning on the ClearType
      Text Tuner, you will see five windows exhibiting the samples of the text that you wish to set.
    • So click Next on the following five sample windows by selecting your required text type.
    • On the appearance of last window click Finish after completing the tuning of the text for your monitor.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Poor quality text when using HDR

Hi Don,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should.

1. What is the make and model of the TV and the computer?
    2. Are you facing the same issue even on computer or is it only with the TV monitor?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to turn off ClearType for the HDMI output connected to TV keeping your regular computer display. To do so,

1. Click on Start, type in ClearType and click on
      Adjust ClearType text option.
    2. The ClearType Text Tuner app will be opened on the screen.
    3. Uncheck > Turn on ClearType and click on
      Next.
    4. You’ll be able to see the options such as Yes, I want to tune all monitors now and
      No, only tune the monitors that I select.
    5. Select No, only tune the monitors that I select and click on the preferred monitor (TV) and follow the onscreen prompts.
    6. On the next page, select a text sample that looks most readable to you and click on the Next button.
    7. Repeat the same step on subsequent pages. You will see 5 screens with text samples in a row.
    8. Click on the Finish button to accept the changes you made.

Meanwhile, regarding the issue with the distorted colors and text quality I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it works for you.

Steps to change the display settings to match the resolution of the display:

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard, click on
      System.
    2. Click on Display.
    3. You will see an option to Select and rearrange displays, click on the display associated with the TV.
    4. Scroll down to select the ‘Recommended’ option under
      Scale and layout to Change the size of text, apps, and other items, and
      Resolution.

For more information I would also suggest you to refer the article:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 13, 2020
  4. ClearType makes text purple on a 4k TV

How to make text darker on windows 10 screen?

DID NOT HELP -WHAT OTHER SUGGESTIONS DO YOU HAVE?

Roger SimpsonCQ, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

ClearType makes text purple on a 4k TV

1. ClearType makes text purple on a 4k TV - Similar Threads - ClearType makes text

2. Cleartype

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cleartype: For those of you that think your text on Windows is a little blurry try this submitted by /u/Deathdar1577 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qkd3mu/cleartype/
  3. Cleartype adds blue and yellow background to text

Cleartype adds blue and yellow background to text: Idk why but all of the sudden texts get a blue and yellow background, so i tried everything and turna out its the Clearype. But if i disable it the fonts geta thinner and looks bad. How can i fix cleartype to look like before without colors? submitted by /u/reyfor11...
  4. Purple aarrows in text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purple aarrows in text: Hello,I just turned on a setting on my pc and I am not sure what is this thing on my text [ATTACH] . Can you guys tell me how can I turn this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purple-aarrows-in-text/96ea0e1d-9cb9-489e-a70d-8a8fd7b91c20
  5. Purple arrow arrows in text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purple arrow arrows in text: Hello,I just turned on a setting on my pc and I am not sure what is this thing on my text [ATTACH] . Can you guys tell me how can I turn this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purple-arrow-arrows-in-text/96ea0e1d-9cb9-489e-a70d-8a8fd7b91c20
  6. Is a 4K TV good as a monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is a 4K TV good as a monitor: A 4K 32" monitor would cost me over $400. I can pick up a 4K 42" LCD LED TV for $300. Any reason I should not use the TV as monitor for photoshop and premier pro video editing? I am using a GeForce GTX 1060 6gb GPU.
  7. Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV.

Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV.: I'm trying to hook a (new) laptop into a new 4K TV to use as an external monitor. When I plug the HDMI cord in, Windows recognizes the 2nd monitor with all the settings but no signal shows up on the TV. I lowered the aspect ratio from the 4K TV in the adapter settings to...
  8. VAMPYR is unplayable on 4K tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VAMPYR is unplayable on 4K tv: due to display scaling. The cursor is locked in a box at upper left of screen and unable to select menu items. MS has the game files tied up in a tangled web of permissions so I can't access the VAMPYR exe and set it to ignore display scaling (or whatever the option is...
  9. 4K Monitor Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    4K Monitor Blurry Text: Sorry Mods this is a dup post that I have in graphics cards. This is where I meant it to be. Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the...
  10. 4k tv resolution issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4k tv resolution issue: I'm running an LG 4k UHD tv with a GTX 1080. The first day I brought it home I was able to set the proper 3840x2160 resolution but then I updated the driver. Now anytime I set that resolution, starting from the standard 1920x1080, I get a black screen. It's not the TV...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cleartype and 4k