Windows 10: Cleartype won't calibrate on extended monitor

Discus and support Cleartype won't calibrate on extended monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo x1 connected to an eGPU with RX570 that powers my 4k + 2k monitor. The 2k monitor's text looks fuzzy so I tried to calibrate ClearType... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tonynca, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Cleartype won't calibrate on extended monitor

I have a Lenovo x1 connected to an eGPU with RX570 that powers my 4k + 2k monitor. The 2k monitor's text looks fuzzy so I tried to calibrate ClearType on it but whenever I try, it doesn't proceed through the calibration process. Right when I click next I get the message that calibration is done and if I want to proceed to calibrate another monitor.

I'm running the monitors using DisplayPort cable. I'm not sure what's going on. Any suggestions on improving the fuzziness?

submitted by /u/tonynca
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tonynca, Feb 5, 2020
  2. MrEpic Win User

ClearType not working on Extended Display

I am using a VGA to display port, but this isn't really what's causing the issue. It is the fact that ClearType will only apply to both monitors on an extended desktop, rather than one or the other.

MrEpic, Feb 5, 2020
  3. MrEpic Win User

When I use my lower resolution 2nd monitor as an extended display, the text is fuzzier due to the fact that my main monitor is a higher resolution. When I use ClearType to try and get around this issue, it seems it is applying the settings I choose to
    BOTH monitors, instead of one. Even if I choose "Only tune the monitor I select", ClearType applies those settings to both of my monitors. I have tried many things, but I do not want to have to change the DPI to 125%, as apps and text become far too large.
    Any help (or maybe a patch update to fix this?) would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

MrEpic, Feb 5, 2020
  4. MrEpic Win User

Cleartype won't calibrate on extended monitor

I have seen all of those posts, and nothing is working at the moment. The ClearType still applies to both monitors, however I need a different ClearType for the lower resolution monitor, as the text is extremely blurry on that one.

MrEpic, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Cleartype won't calibrate on extended monitor

1. Cleartype won't calibrate on extended monitor - Similar Threads - Cleartype won't calibrate

2. Cleartype

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cleartype: For those of you that think your text on Windows is a little blurry try this submitted by /u/Deathdar1577 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qkd3mu/cleartype/
  3. Extended monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extended monitor: When I’m using a secondary monitor with Extended Screen, the secondary monitor temporarily goes to the Home Screen when I peek at collapsed pages in the task bar. Is there a way to turn this off so the page on the secondary monitor does not go away?Thanks...
  4. extended monitor

extended monitor: Hi, I'm trying to have a dual monitor, I'm currently using acer monitor 17inch. I accidentally change the resolution of the extended monitor to the recommended resolution of my laptop lenovo ideapad s145 which is not compatible to the extended monitor, now the extended...
  5. Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor: [ATTACH] Hi, so I recently got a second monitor and noticed, that the ClearType subpixels were absolutely fucked on my second monitor. At first, I thought it was the monitor's issue, then I fiddled around for a while, trying to make things better with ClearType tuner which...
  6. Extending Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extending Monitor: Hi all, I have just bought a PC and I am wanting to extend the monitor to another monitor, however when I go to do this my PC informs me that the only display is my graphics card and does not pick up any monitors. How do I solve this?...
  7. Monitor Calibration Won't Load Since Feature Update

Monitor Calibration Won't Load Since Feature Update: Since the feature update to Windows a few days ago my monitor calibration will no longer load, or when it does it stays for just a few minutes before the monitor reverts to its default. I've re-calibrated the monitor several times to no avail. Any help appreciated....
  8. Monitor extend

Monitor extend: I have an issue with monitor extend. When I tried to extend the monitor, the monitor didn't react properly, it looks like the monitor is freeze but the cursor is visible and you can moving the cursor but when I tried clicking on an object on the screen or use right click...
  9. extending monitors

extending monitors: I have 2 additional monitors connected to my pc, when I try to extend the display to the 3 one in advanced display settings says its not active, how do I make all 3 displays active?...
  10. Calibrating monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Calibrating monitor: What's the best way to calibrate my LG 27ea33 ips panel montiro with nvidias control panel? I have tried adjusting the gamma/brightness/contrast/digitalvibrance but I can't really seem to find a setting that im satisfied with... I have also tried a colormunki smile device but...