Windows 10: Cleverbridge confusing email

Discus and support Cleverbridge confusing email in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My apologies to Cleaverbridge for the heading of this article. I really don't know where to put this. I used to use the free version of Ccleaner till I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jps99, Jun 27, 2020.

1. jps99 Win User

Cleverbridge confusing email

My apologies to Cleaverbridge for the heading of this article.
    I really don't know where to put this.
    I used to use the free version of Ccleaner till I found
    out how bad a program it was.
    Now I received a notice from Cleaverbridge that $26.70
    for Ccleaner Pro has been deducted from my bank
    account. I do not want or authorize this action.
    This was done through Paypal and they say the case is closed.
    It is not closed and when I get my monthly statement from my
    bank it better NOT be on there.
    This message purpose is to help others that might get scammed
    this way.

:)

jps99, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

This is almost certainly a scam email and not from Cleverbridge. You could only possibly be billed if you had signed up to purchase CCleaner Pro, giving you email address and payment details. I assume you never did so (you are not asked to in order to use the free version).

The idea is to scare you into clicking on a link and either divulge you bank detail or get infected with malware (or both).

Check the raw header of the email. While it is easy for a scammer to spoof the name that appears as the sender, the raw header will tell you where is actually originated. This is from a genuine email from cleverbridge.....

Code:
    ....I'm betting yours originated from somewhere completely different, and certainly not mail.cleverbridge.com

3. idgat Win User

Cleverbridge is a legitimate software license sales company, and acts as an agent for the sale and disitribution of software/licenses. Anyone can engage them to take payments and distribute licenses and it only acts on behalf of the seller/distributor.

I can only assume that the payment was authorised - accidentally or inadvertently - through ccleaner.
    ccleaner is good program (went through a bad patch a few months ago, but has since redeemed itself). If you're unsure, only use the default installation setup settings.

Similarly, Wise Disk Cleaner.

Your subject heading is misleading and inaccurate, it should be changed. A scam, yes maybe, but not from Cleverbridge.

idgat, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Cleverbridge confusing email

Totally Confused with Email

Hi Cole,

Please reply with the below information to know more about the issue:

• Are you trying to create third user account in the mail app?
    • Which email account have you configured with two accounts (live mail, outlook or Gmail etc)?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter from the below article and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Cleverbridge confusing email - Similar Threads - Cleverbridge confusing email

2. Replace defunct account/email w/ new account email. Confused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace defunct account/email w/ new account email. Confused: I want to delete old defunct account/email and replace it with current account email. How? So confused! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-defunct-accountemail-w-new-account-email/a44c986b-fbbc-4ed1-9c65-9c52ae6b4730
  3. Replace defunct account/email w/ new account email. Confused

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace defunct account/email w/ new account email. Confused: I want to delete old defunct account/email and replace it with current account email. How? So confused! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-defunct-accountemail-w-new-account-email/a44c986b-fbbc-4ed1-9c65-9c52ae6b4730
  4. login email confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    login email confusion: When I started up a new Dell XPS 15 laptop with Windows 10, I entered the wrong email address instead of my actual MS account email address. The address I used is one that is in the process of being cancelled by MS, so even though the startup process completed, I think it is...
  5. login email confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    login email confusion: When I started up a new Dell XPS 15 laptop with Windows 10, I entered the wrong email address instead of my actual MS account email address. The address I used is one that is in the process of being cancelled by MS, so even though the startup process completed, I think it is...
  6. login email confusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cleverbridge scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cleverbridge scam: I really don't know where to put this. I used to use the free version of Ccleaner till I found out how bad a program it was. Now I received a notice from Cleaverbridge that $26.70 for Ccleaner Pro has been deducted from my bank account. I do not want or authorize this...
  8. Cleverbridge scam

in Windows 10 Support
    Cleverbridge scam: I really don't know where to put this. I used to use the free version of Ccleaner till I found out how bad a program it was. Now I received a notice from Cleaverbridge that $26.70 for Ccleaner Pro has been deducted from my bank account. I do not want or authorize this...
  9. Confusing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Confusing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BaldiGaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffm73l/confusing/
  10. confused

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    confused: when changing the lock screen to a photo how do I make it fit the screen, the way its showing now is way to big, it's like it's been zoomed in really bad!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confused/3aff399e-8a74-4911-afbb-93d3d840671f