Windows 10: Click and drag

Discus and support Click and drag in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When dropping text, should text be copied or cut as standard procedure in Windows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BillAntonIT, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Click and drag

When dropping text, should text be copied or cut as standard procedure in Windows?

:)

BillAntonIT, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Thanatica Win User
    Touchpad: Tap twice to drag

Here's how it works standardly:

1. Tap twice
    2. Hold down on the second tap
    3. Move around and you're dragging
    4. Release finger to stop dragging

Here's what I like it to do:

1. Tap twice
    2. Hold down on the second tap
    3. Move around and you're dragging
    4. Release finger
    5. Reposition finger and continue dragging by flicking the touchpad some more
    6. (repeat steps 4 & 5 as many times as desired)
    7. Release finger and perform one addditional tap to stop dragging

That's what it used to be like in the Windows 7 era with most touchpads. Some people found it annoying and disabled it, but I welcomed it.

I know dragging continues when your finger reaches the touchpad edges, but that I find greatly irritating because it looses all sense of precision. This mechanism is stupendously irritating when trying to pixel-precise drag a trackbar, or when doing some
    painting in photoshop on the go. Or just anything that requires precision.

So I'd like to disable "drag continues at touchpad edge" and enable "require additional tap to stop dragging".

So how can I do that?

If not possible, then please consider this a feature request.

Thanatica, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Click and drag

Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Click and drag

1. Click and drag - Similar Threads - Click drag

2. Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.: My left shift key and left ctrl keys only work for a fraction of a second.If I hold down the left shift key to capitalise a word, I barely get the first letter to capitalise I need to be quick and subsequent letters have no chance.The same goes for the left ctrl key. I need...
  3. Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.: My left shift key and left ctrl keys only work for a fraction of a second.If I hold down the left shift key to capitalise a word, I barely get the first letter to capitalise I need to be quick and subsequent letters have no chance.The same goes for the left ctrl key. I need...
  4. Mouse left click is activated when logging in drag select is activated and computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse left click is activated when logging in drag select is activated and computer...: Mouse left click is activated when logging in that is, drag select is activated even when the left mouse button is not clicked and the computer confuses left mouse click for right mouse click. that is the dropdown menu you get when you right mouse click appears when I left...
  5. Mouse left click is activated when logging in drag select is activated and computer...

Mouse left click is activated when logging in drag select is activated and computer...: Mouse left click is activated when logging in that is, drag select is activated even when the left mouse button is not clicked and the computer confuses left mouse click for right mouse click. that is the dropdown menu you get when you right mouse click appears when I left...
  6. Mouse left click is activated when logging in drag select is activated and computer...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 11 - MS Paint - how to click & drag resize image and maintain aspect ratio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - MS Paint - how to click & drag resize image and maintain aspect ratio?: OS - Windows 11MS Paint insider version with layers & transparencyIs it possible to use the click & drag method of resizing an image and maintain its aspect ratio in the process? I've read several forum posts where they suggest holding Shift while dragging, but doing that...
  8. Windows 11 - MS Paint - how to click & drag resize image and maintain aspect ratio?

Windows 11 - MS Paint - how to click & drag resize image and maintain aspect ratio?: OS - Windows 11MS Paint insider version with layers & transparencyIs it possible to use the click & drag method of resizing an image and maintain its aspect ratio in the process? I've read several forum posts where they suggest holding Shift while dragging, but doing that...
  9. Drag and right click not working on Dell XPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and right click not working on Dell XPS: Bought a Dell XPS 9305 about 18 months agoRecently been having problems with the touchpad/mouseintermittently the touchpad and mouse completely stop workingWhen this happens, I am able to get the touchpad and left mouse button to work again by updating the driver or...
  10. Drag and right click not working on Dell XPS

Drag and right click not working on Dell XPS: Bought a Dell XPS 9305 about 18 months agoRecently been having problems with the touchpad/mouseintermittently the touchpad and mouse completely stop workingWhen this happens, I am able to get the touchpad and left mouse button to work again by updating the driver or...