Windows 10: Click/Key events not work with Win 10 searched results for apps

Discus and support Click/Key events not work with Win 10 searched results for apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Let me describe you the problem briefly by using images.When I search for old windows app such as **Snipping tool ,Paint** ,etc... through windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by macxfadz, Jul 18, 2017.

1. macxfadz Win User

Click/Key events not work with Win 10 searched results for apps

Let me describe you the problem briefly by using images.When I search for old windows app such as **Snipping tool ,Paint** ,etc... through windows 10 search box like this:
    Click/Key events not work  with Win 10 searched results for apps [​IMG]

when I try to right click ,normal left click or even when press Enter key nothing happened.
    But for new windows 10 apps such as Paint3D ,etc... Left,Right clicks and Enter key is working as expected.
    Also Notice that texts within search box were right aligned,I didn't configure any windows settings.The only changed I have done before this critical issue happened is, I installed Ubuntu bash(windows subsystem) through Windows Program Add/Remove utility like this mentioned by Microsoft .

I cannot figure how does it affect to windows search misbehavior.Please help me on this matter,if you have any solution other than reinstalling windows 10 it will be great and really appreciated.I asked this problem from Microsoft few months ago but their solution did not work.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-a8d0bf1cddc9Thank you.

:)

macxfadz, Jul 18, 2017

2. Unable to delete an iso file after forcibly deleting the mounted file using powershell

Hey there, RohanRoy.13

When you right-click onto your Taskbar - the bar at the bottom with your programs, you should be able to see an option for Event Viewer.

Failing that, please press Ctrl + Alt + Del and click onto Event Viewer.

If that does not work , please click into Cortana and search Event Viewer and click onto Event Viewer in the search results. It should say Desktop app under it.

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jul 18, 2017
  3. Search indexing produces results not searched for

Hi Robert,

We sincerely apologize for the difficulties that you have been put through regarding this issue and the time taken from us to get back to you. Do not worry. We'll guide you in the right direction regarding this issue.

Did you try the suggestions as mentioned by Rajesh in the thread that you had referred? If not, I suggest that you try them and get back to us with the results.

Does the same issue occur on a different user account? You may create a new user account to confirm the same.

Also let us know the preset status of the issue so that we can revert with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Sharath Srinivasa, Jul 18, 2017
Thema:

Click/Key events not work with Win 10 searched results for apps

1. Click/Key events not work with Win 10 searched results for apps - Similar Threads - Click Key events

2. Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results: Dear Microsoft Community,I am facing a perplexing issue on my Windows 11 Pro system. Several Microsoft Store applications, such as WhatsApp, Calculator, and Camera, are not appearing in Windows Search results. Oddly, this problem extends beyond Microsoft Store apps;...
  3. Search Result is Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Result is Not Working: Hi,I recently upgraded my OS to Windows 11. I tried searching my file using its file name and it's not showing the results even I'm just searching inside its folder. I tried the following troubleshooting:1. Run indexer troubleshooter2. Choose Enhance instead of Classic3....
  4. Search Result is Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Result is Not Working: Hi,I recently upgraded my OS to Windows 11. I tried searching my file using its file name and it's not showing the results even I'm just searching inside its folder. I tried the following troubleshooting:1. Run indexer troubleshooter2. Choose Enhance instead of Classic3....
  5. no app results in windows search

in Cortana
    no app results in windows search: After booting up my device I realised that none of the installed apps are shown in the windows search. Some of the folders pop up but not the app itself and it was working fine yesterday. I have tried to run the troubleshooter, restarted the windows search service. I have...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App Search results disappear on click! Very Frustrating!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App Search results disappear on click! Very Frustrating!!!: I have a bug in Windows 10 app. I run a search for an email, click "online", and the results show up. If I try to click on one of the search results, all the emails disappear. Link to screen capture....
  7. Windows 10 search bar is bugged, cannot right click search result apps to run as administrator.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 search bar is bugged, cannot right click search result apps to run as administrator.: I am unable to right click search items in the Windows search menu. I also cannot click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the search menu after clicking on the search icon in toolbar. For example, if I search any application in the start menu search box...
  8. Right click on Start Menu not working, also can't left click on program search result

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click on Start Menu not working, also can't left click on program search result: I have this problem since I reinstalled Windows 10 (not the hard reset, just the components). https://i.gyazo.com/bcb5ee26886cb465d1f357f1707a54aa.gif If I want to right click on the Start icon, my mouse pointer just moves up like in the GIF shown. Also, if I open up...
  9. Windows 10 Search not working - no results returned

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search not working - no results returned: Windows 10 search bar returns no results. If I restart the Windows Seach service then Search will provided results once before failing again. I have done the following:- Updated Windows Restarted Cortana Changed Pagefile parameters Unistalled Bullguard Anti-virus The...
  10. search results that are not apps are not selectable

in Windows 10 Support
    search results that are not apps are not selectable: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit edition. I upgraded from Windows 8 pro. When I search for non-apps, such as "power options", the search results appear properly. However, when I click on the power options search result (with the icon), nothing happens. Clicking on...