Windows 10: Click on the "Open Map" in photo but nothing happens and photo closes without warning

Discus and support Click on the "Open Map" in photo but nothing happens and photo closes without warning in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Click on the "Open Map" in photo but nothing happens and photo closes without warning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelWarren6, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Click on the "Open Map" in photo but nothing happens and photo closes without warning

Click on the "Open Map" in photo but nothing happens and photo closes without warning

:)

MichaelWarren6, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

Displaying Photos on map

Google Photos can handle that, research Google Photos/Backup and Sync.

Windows Live Photo Gallery maps items that have Geo tags to Bing Maps in your default browser:
    (coordinates are often inaccurate though!)

Click on the "Open Map" in photo but nothing happens and photo closes without warning [​IMG]

I'm not sure if Microsoft Photos/Maps has the capabilities.

Edwin, Jul 16, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Click on the "Open Map" in photo but nothing happens and photo closes without warning 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Click on the "Open Map" in photo but nothing happens and photo closes without warning

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Click on the "Open Map" in photo but nothing happens and photo closes without warning

1. Click on the "Open Map" in photo but nothing happens and photo closes without warning - Similar Threads - Click Open Map

2. Photos opening and closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos opening and closing: Hello... I have a client who uses the Photos program on his Windows 10 computer. When he opens Photos it displays a blank black screen and then closes. It is only open for a few seconds. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this without changing the whole computer?
  3. Clicking does nothing in Microsoft photos app

Clicking does nothing in Microsoft photos app: Clicking on any of the options does nothing. Clicking on the timeline does nothing, click-dragging also does nothing. Mouse is completely non functional in *this app alone*...
  4. Windows photo viewer "open map" does not work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows photo viewer "open map" does not work: Open a photo with win 10 photo viewer that has location information in the image and it displays a small map of the image's location. Under this small map, it has a button "Open Map" that has not worked for many months now. Click on it and nothing happens. I have posted this...
  5. Photos App and Maps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App and Maps: Been using the win10 64 bit photos app and lots of my photos have location information in them. When viewing the photos in the app, click on the "File Info" and it displays a small map with location at the left side, but, it also has under the small map "Open Map" which you...
  6. "Open map" of Photos does not work.

"Open map" of Photos does not work.: This question was asked before, but that thread is locked, so I am asking it here: Why doesn't "Open map" work? [ATTACH] Every app under Setting > Privacy > Location has been given the permission: [ATTACH]...
  7. Clicking on photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clicking on photos: Since Windows (10) did an update on my computer yesterday, now when I open my photos from a dvd or flash drive, I scroll down to select or view the photos and it always jump back to the top of my files. I can't open anything up other than the first row, or even view them....
  8. iTunes closing without warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iTunes closing without warning: Lately I have been having trouble with iTunes closing minutes after I open the application. There is no warning that it will close and no crash report after it. I have followed Apples instructions in regards to removing all Apple related apps from my computer and have...
  9. Photo app closing after "too many photos" open?

Photo app closing after "too many photos" open?: Hey, I recently purchased a high-powered laptop (Alienware 17) and I'm having problems with the photos app just choosing to close ALL of my photos I have open when I seem to reach some sort of peak capacity. The problem with this is that it really isn't that many photos that...
  10. Displaying Photos on map

Displaying Photos on map: Is there a relatively easy way to display the location of a photo on a map, based on the GPS coordinated stored in the photo? I can see the coordinates in Picasa3 but getting to a location of a map is a bit of a fiddle (so far). Ideally, I'd like the map to be either...