Windows 10: Clicking a folder or control panel causes File Explorer to open the Home page

Discus and support Clicking a folder or control panel causes File Explorer to open the Home page in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There is a related issue that describes this problem, and no solution was ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MikeS_101, Jun 12, 2024.

1. MikeS_101 Win User

Clicking a folder or control panel causes File Explorer to open the Home page

There is a related issue that describes this problem, and no solution was ever found:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-keeps-openning-the-homepage-every/9d0fb08f-11f3-4e1e-a4f4-a849b2ddb796I do not want to resort to reseting my PC or reinstalling the OS from scratch. This feels like a very simple problem that should be easy to fix, but nothing I've tried works.I've done the following:Reset File Explorer view and options settings to defaultAttempted to go back to a previous restore point no effect, and none of my restore points go back far enoughsfc /scann

:)

MikeS_101, Jun 12, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2024
  3. windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Jun 12, 2024
  4. modder Win User

Firefox, opera, IE all freeze/lockup when downloading a file to any hard drive

"cant open folders with big files" interesting!,possible Paging File problem.
    Method from microsoft --Increase the Size of the Paging File-- sometimes we forget how to do that
    To change the size of the paging file, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Do one of the following: • If Control Panel on your computer is in Classic view, double-click System.
    • If Control Panel on your computer is in Category view, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.

3. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
    4. In the Performance pane, click Settings.
    5. In the Performance Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
    6. In the Virtual memory pane, click Change.
    7. Click Custom size, and then in the Initial size (MB) box and the Maximum size (MB) box, type a number that is larger than the number that is currently listed.

modder, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

1. Clicking a folder or control panel causes File Explorer to open the Home page - Similar Threads - Clicking folder control

2. Clicking a folder or control panel causes File Explorer to open the Home page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking a folder or control panel causes File Explorer to open the Home page: There is a related issue that describes this problem, and no solution was ever found:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-keeps-openning-the-homepage-every/9d0fb08f-11f3-4e1e-a4f4-a849b2ddb796I do not want to resort to reseting my PC or...
  3. Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.: When I try to open any folder in File Explorer, it causes it to freeze and do nothing. I usually have to close it using Task Manager. This is a new issue....
  4. Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.: When I try to open any folder in File Explorer, it causes it to freeze and do nothing. I usually have to close it using Task Manager. This is a new issue....
  5. Windows 10 opening Control Panel closes File Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 opening Control Panel closes File Explorer: On my Surface Pro 4, if I have File Explorer open and then open Control Panel via a search from the Start menu, File Explorer will close and Control Panel will open at the same location and windows size as the File Explorer which was closed. If I open Control Panel first,...
  6. Can't open file explorer, control panel, and task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open file explorer, control panel, and task manager: When I go to open file explorer, nothing happens. When I go to open control panel, the window appears but no icons show up. When I go to open Task Manager, I get the error 'C:\windows\system32\DUI70.dll'. I looked up how to resolve this issue, and it says to do a sfc...
  7. Can't open folders and control panel.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open folders and control panel.: I can't open folders, or right click them... when i try to do it the screen goes blank for a few seconds then all my icons refresh and nothing else happens. I tried to change the size of my "text, apps and other items" to 125% and 100% ( i had 100% when this started to...
  8. Cant open control panel / explorer refreshes

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant open control panel / explorer refreshes: Not sure when this issue arrised but i tried to adjust my sound devices today going to start>control panel and the screen blinks while explorer refreshes...? I did an SFC /SCANNOW and it found some corruption and repaired it. I rebooted and same problem. Did a virus...
  9. Windows 10 can't open File Explorer or Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 can't open File Explorer or Control Panel: Hi, I need help. About a week ago Windows 10 started working in an abnormal manner on my PC: I wasn't able to open File Explorer or Control Panel, whether from the start menu or from basically any application that calls for those (file explorer or control panel). I tried...
  10. cant open file explorer, control panel...

in Windows 10 Support
    cant open file explorer, control panel...: Weird issue with Acer CB280HK 4k Monitor So, I was lucky enough to get a new monitor and new pc the other day; a dell xps 8700, and for purposes of this discussion, the video card set up is a intel hd graphics 4600 board, and a Nvidia GTX745, with 4 gigs of ram. The...