Windows 10: Clicking address bar problems w/ window 10

Discus and support Clicking address bar problems w/ window 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ...When I click on any clickable highlighted 'href', ...ex. 'to click on to enter a user name or password' ,....It's suddenly bring up to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChillA'Chella, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Clicking address bar problems w/ window 10

...When I click on any clickable highlighted 'href', ...ex. 'to click on to enter a user name or password' ,....It's suddenly bring up to an advertisement page some product I once was viewing,... similar to what happens when you're on Facebook and you are bombarded with advertisements of what you once looked at.....but this is the entire desktop page,....... very annoying. Am I under attack or is it some kind of setting in window 10?

:)

ChillA'Chella, Apr 24, 2020
  2. brummyfan Win User

IE11 address bar suggestions

Hi,
    Go to Internet Options, click Autocomplete Settings in Content tab, tick "Suggesting URLs" box and click OK.

Clicking address bar problems w/ window 10 [​IMG]

brummyfan, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Clicking address bar problems w/ window 10

Microsoft Edge Address Bar

Hi Zach,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to open actual address of websites with short forms as you wish:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions(...) at the right top corner.
    • Click on View advanced settings, under Search in the address bar with
      click on down arrow.
    • Choose <add new>, try to add the default website.
    Secondly, as opening pages in new tab is set by design, I suggest you to provide this as a feedback.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Clicking address bar problems w/ window 10

1. Clicking address bar problems w/ window 10 - Similar Threads - Clicking address bar

2. Address bar width windows 10 explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Address bar width windows 10 explorer: Hello!I wrote half of this text through a translator, because I have problems with writing on my own, I hope you will understand me.Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 10 22h2, build 19045.3758 and did not understand why the address bar of the explorer became narrow, as it was...
  3. Address bar width windows 10 explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Address bar width windows 10 explorer: Hello!I wrote half of this text through a translator, because I have problems with writing on my own, I hope you will understand me.Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 10 22h2, build 19045.3758 and did not understand why the address bar of the explorer became narrow, as it was...
  4. Address bar width windows 10 explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with Edge address bar

Problem with Edge address bar: When I input something there and click on Enter, it directs me to IP. And It doesn’t understand when I am typing. It is not the only problem. Windows Defender is not working as well...
  6. Windows Explorer Address Bar Height in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer Address Bar Height in Windows 10: Hello, How do you reduce the height of the Windows Explorer Address bar. For example, my address bar appears as: [ATTACH] As you can see, there is a large amount of padding between the text "My Computer" in this case and top/bottom borders. I've tried adjusting...
  7. Address bar.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Address bar.: When trying to open Yahoo the name in the address bar changes and won't open the page. Anyone else have this trouble? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/address-bar/f58d49e6-b05b-4f8b-accf-00944b0c8c3b
  8. wimdows 10 address bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    wimdows 10 address bar: I cannot remove the address bar at the top of the home page , it contains the internet providers. Is there something I am missing as a search says right click the bar and close it. This does not work as nothing happens when I right click. Please help and thanks in advance....
  9. Windows 10 Explorer.exe Address bar

Windows 10 Explorer.exe Address bar: Hello, I'm running into a strange issue hopefully someone can help with. Any time I add a new Windows 10 machine to my domain, and a standard user logs in, the refresh icon and drop down icon become off center. On my account with elevated privileges, this does not occur and...
  10. The windows 10 icon is not opening w/ left click....

in Windows 10 Support
    The windows 10 icon is not opening w/ left click....: Dell desktop Dell Inspiron 560 4gb RAM; high speed cable; MS Windows10 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012; MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox 22.0; Avast AV; Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader; Adobe flash Player 11,8,800,94 or better by now... Hello, the Windows 10 icon on...