Windows 10: Clicking anything on any dropdown menu's creates a lingering effect.

Discus and support Clicking anything on any dropdown menu's creates a lingering effect. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I create new folders and documents quite often. Last night I was creating some folders and text files, using the dropdown menu from right click > new >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kalvyn Ness, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Clicking anything on any dropdown menu's creates a lingering effect.

I create new folders and documents quite often. Last night I was creating some folders and text files, using the dropdown menu from right click > new > new folder, but something odd happened. The dropdown menu lingered, at least of the one I selected. After restarting my computer, the problem persisted, so I decided to test some things out. As soon as one of the "popups" comes up, you cannot create a new one through the same method. Also, it even shows up over all of the tabs and things I have open, including the browser, so as I am trying to write this "Folder" is getting in the way of me writing. Even when I bring the browser into full screen, or videos into fullscreen, it still is there. Here are some examples. This problem is annoying and I want to fix it as soon as possible.

Before Glitch:

Clicking anything on any dropdown menu's creates a lingering effect. 42a1b81e-1175-4b37-bc63-db170cb682e2?upload=true.png

After Glitch:

Clicking anything on any dropdown menu's creates a lingering effect. 0f1299ca-500e-4ffe-a6d5-192cafbccdb9?upload=true.png

Proof It Goes Over Windows:

Clicking anything on any dropdown menu's creates a lingering effect. c994d0eb-9de8-4e5f-85fd-a3d034bbc061?upload=true.png

Thank you for taking the time to read my complaints.

Update: It even happens to dropdowns under "Save file as" which does the same thing as "Folder" but it says save file as.

:)

Kalvyn Ness, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. souf07 Win User
    Word dropdown menu

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me. i created a dropdown menu with some questions. i did this in WORD.
    However i only see the dropdown menu when i'm pointed with my cursor on the dropdown menu. how can i make sure the dropdown menu is shown als always? i hope somebody can help me Clicking anything on any dropdown menu's creates a lingering effect. :)

thank you in advance.

see below screenshot i want to make this standard available without pointing with my mouse on it.

Clicking anything on any dropdown menu's creates a lingering effect. [​IMG]

souf07, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Clicking anything on any dropdown menu's creates a lingering effect.

Lock Screen Fade to Desktop Effect Not Working

Hi,

Before we assist you let us know few details,

• Did you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• Have you created any system restore point on your computer?

As initial troubleshooting steps I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Update > Check for updates.

We suggest you to try changing the visual effect setting. To Change your Visual Effects Settings in Advanced System Settings refer the below steps,

• Press Windows logo key+ X

• Click on Control panel

• Select System and Security

• Click on System

• And select System protection

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Settings

• Now select the option Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
      option.

And check if this helps to resolve the issue.

Hope this information helps with best visual effect on your device.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Clicking anything on any dropdown menu's creates a lingering effect.

1. Clicking anything on any dropdown menu's creates a lingering effect. - Similar Threads - Clicking anything dropdown

2. Dropdown option/menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropdown option/menu: Hey guys!!!Need help Dropdown option/menu is not showing whenever I click the button to drop it down nothing is showing on all browsers only on webpages but when I used other computers it's ok only this computer...
  3. Dropdown option/menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropdown option/menu: Hey guys!!!Need help Dropdown option/menu is not showing whenever I click the button to drop it down nothing is showing on all browsers only on webpages but when I used other computers it's ok only this computer...
  4. Clicking start menu dont do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking start menu dont do anything: I clicked on my start menu but it wont open. It is opening earlier and I just locked the computer and the problem started after turning it on. Shortcut key on the keyboard dont do anything as well....
  5. Run's dropdown box not displaying anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run's dropdown box not displaying anything.: Hello Microsoft! Recently I opened up Run as I had to go to my MInecraft folder. As I have used it many times as soon as I start typing %ap... it auto fills it. Same with temp,%temp%,among many more. But since last week it has stopped doing that. Even when I click on the...
  6. Dropdown menu in mail in win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dropdown menu in mail in win10: Hello and greetings. I am using win 10 and windows mail for my emails. I once incorrectly entered an email address. I now seem to be stuck with it. Each time i want to write a new email that address pops up in pop down menu and i can't seem to be able to delete it. Any help...
  7. Lingering effects of removed parental controls

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lingering effects of removed parental controls: Hello, My Microsoft account was previously listed as a Child account in a Microsoft Family. This was removed recently, and while everything worked fine for a little while, installing a required Windows 10 update seems to have reinstated some of the blocks (for example, I...
  8. Spacing in dropdown menu's in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Spacing in dropdown menu's in Edge: Is there a method whereby I can reduce the spacing in the drop down menu's in Edge browser? [img] I much prefer the closer spacing as used in Firefox! [img] 34814
  9. I can't click on anything in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't click on anything in the start menu.: Hello, I had this problem in Windows 8 and 8.1 as well, so i figured with the new ten I'd actually try to get this fixed. Before, it didn't bug me as much. Before the update i simply wiped my computer just like i did before 8.1 so that it could install faster and not have to...
  10. Word dropdown menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Word dropdown menu: Hi, I hope somebody can help me. i created a dropdown menu with some questions. i did this in WORD. However i only see the dropdown menu when i'm pointed with my cursor on the dropdown menu. how can i make sure the dropdown menu is shown als always? i hope somebody can...