Windows 10: clicking around on windows background will sometimes cause pc desktop to do a weird mash...

Discus and support clicking around on windows background will sometimes cause pc desktop to do a weird mash... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gullible_Age_7451 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gullible_Age_7451, Jan 14, 2021.

1. clicking around on windows background will sometimes cause pc desktop to do a weird mash...

/u/Gullible_Age_7451, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 14, 2021
  4. clicking around on windows background will sometimes cause pc desktop to do a weird mash...

After installing the updates, desktop background pictures dissapeared.

Hi Lucky,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

This type of issue might occur because of some missing, corrupt or damaged files in your system.

Initially, I suggest you to try the below method and later you can try to set the desktop background and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-gb

Method 2: DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Now, follow the below steps to set desktop background.

• Right click on your desktop background and click on Personalize.
    • Click on Background list box and select pictures.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

clicking around on windows background will sometimes cause pc desktop to do a weird mash...

1. clicking around on windows background will sometimes cause pc desktop to do a weird mash... - Similar Threads - clicking around background

2. UAC background dimming sometimes causes a black background and slow/lagging animations overall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC background dimming sometimes causes a black background and slow/lagging animations overall: Hello,I have built a new PC and have an annoying issue.When I for example select Powershell in search and click "run as administrator" sometimes at random, instead of dimming the background image, it makes everything turn pitch black except the prompt window itself. After I...
  3. Sometimes windows 11 desktop icons don't click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes windows 11 desktop icons don't click: I do not click on the icons on the desktop, after pressing the search icon or the widget icon on the taskbar, the problem is fixed only when I return to the desktop. fix this problem now it's very annoying. It's been a few months and you still haven't fixed this problem.They...
  4. Sometimes windows 11 desktop icons don't click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes windows 11 desktop icons don't click: I do not click on the icons on the desktop, after pressing the search icon or the widget icon on the taskbar, the problem is fixed only when I return to the desktop. fix this problem now it's very annoying. It's been a few months and you still haven't fixed this problem.They...
  5. Desktop Icons have a weird dottet line Around them.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons have a weird dottet line Around them.: I have had this problem around threee times by now and it always happens at very random times. The problem is that Desktop icons get a weird Line around them when i click in them that doesnt go away even when i click somewhere else on the desktop. When I click on another icon...
  6. Display issues, black border around desktop background

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display issues, black border around desktop background: Hi I have just installed an LG 27" screen using a hdmi lead from my PC and I now have a black border around my desktop. I have checked the resolution and it is at max level. I previously had the screen connected using the older com lead and it was fine, it filled the screen....
  7. Windows 10 desktop background image is acting weird

Windows 10 desktop background image is acting weird: This should be a very simple question with a very complicated answer. I use a folder on my PC to store my background image files and have the shuffle setting turned on with a 1 minute interval. Whatever windows is using to shuffle the images seems to not always shuffle the...
  8. Been having weird shadows around tabs, sometimes all the pixels within the window are...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Been having weird shadows around tabs, sometimes all the pixels within the window are...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nickls46 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fu80fr/been_having_weird_shadows_around_tabs_sometimes/
  9. windows+tab cause desktop background bug

windows+tab cause desktop background bug: Greetings, I am currently using windows insider 19008 verison of win10 and I found my wallpaper is glitching when i enter the task view (win + tab). I am not sure what is causing this, it is not serious but really annoying , sometimes even my task bar is shrinking in half...
  10. Desktop Background Slideshow Sometime Changes Randomly

Desktop Background Slideshow Sometime Changes Randomly: I have Desktop Background set to change once every 6 hours. Most of the time it seems to behave itself. Sometimes, however, it can change several times in a short time. Three times in one hour, twice within 3 hours, etc. At least twice, and perhaps more times, the...