Windows 10: Clicking folders brings up properties panel.

Discus and support Clicking folders brings up properties panel. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After restarting my Laptop, I discovered that clicking folders opens up its properties. To open a folder, I have to right click and select open, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dependent-Macaroon, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Clicking folders brings up properties panel.

After restarting my Laptop, I discovered that clicking folders opens up its properties. To open a folder, I have to right click and select open, then it will own a new window with its contents. Any reason why this is happening.

submitted by /u/Dependent-Macaroon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dependent-Macaroon, Apr 11, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Printer Properties

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to go to printer settings.

• In the search box type “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Then you can right click on your printer and then click on properties, change accordingly.
    I suggest you to follow the below article if you face any issues with printer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 11, 2020
  4. steelkane Win User

Clicking folders brings up properties panel.

How to Activate GodMode in Windows 7

Step 1: Right click on Desktop

Step 2: Click create folder.

Step 3: Name your sparkly, new folder GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} and press enter.

Step 4: Blink as the folder changes form to look like the control panel Icon

steelkane, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Clicking folders brings up properties panel.

1. Clicking folders brings up properties panel. - Similar Threads - Clicking folders brings

2. Bug: In Windows 11, clicking "Up" in control panel brings up the Windows 10 Explorer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug: In Windows 11, clicking "Up" in control panel brings up the Windows 10 Explorer...: In Windows 11, when I open "Control Panel" and then press the "Up" button, it shows the Windows 10 Explorer instead of the Windows 11 equivalent.OS version: Windows 11 22H2, Chinese Single-Language Home Edition 22621.900Steps to reproduce:1. Use WinKey + R to bring up the...
  3. Bug: In Windows 11, clicking "Up" in control panel brings up the Windows 10 Explorer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug: In Windows 11, clicking "Up" in control panel brings up the Windows 10 Explorer...: In Windows 11, when I open "Control Panel" and then press the "Up" button, it shows the Windows 10 Explorer instead of the Windows 11 equivalent.OS version: Windows 11 22H2, Chinese Single-Language Home Edition 22621.900Steps to reproduce:1. Use WinKey + R to bring up the...
  4. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click does not bring up a menu: I have searched this problem and none of the supposed fixes work for me. So far I have verified the mouse works, downloaded shellexe and disabled all non-microsoft content, ran the file checker and scannow, updated the mouse driver, and re-booted a million times. When I click...
  5. Right click does not bring up a menu

Right click does not bring up a menu: I have searched this problem and none of the supposed fixes work for me. So far I have verified the mouse works, downloaded shellexe and disabled all non-microsoft content, ran the file checker and scannow, updated the mouse driver, and re-booted a million times. When I click...
  6. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...: I've got 21H2 Windows Pro version. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the Restore/Move/Size/Minimize/Maximize/Close menu. I would like to have here a past option as usually. Please tell me what to do with it. There is no updates available for me....
  8. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...

When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...: I've got 21H2 Windows Pro version. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the Restore/Move/Size/Minimize/Maximize/Close menu. I would like to have here a past option as usually. Please tell me what to do with it. There is no updates available for me....
  9. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. FIX Right-Click Desktop "New Folder" Brings Up Shortcut!

in Windows 10 Support
    FIX Right-Click Desktop "New Folder" Brings Up Shortcut!: This started last week and was driving me nuts. I finally found the solution this morning. It turned out to be a registry setting that I had to remove two entries. Open Regedit, Back Up The Registry First Go to "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\ShellNew" Delete the two values...