Windows 10: clicking hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail

Discus and support clicking hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; when I receive mail with a hyperlink in it and I click on it, nothing happens. I have set up .htm and .html files to open in Chrome.. every once in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Barbs, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Barbs Win User

clicking hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail

when I receive mail with a hyperlink in it and I click on it, nothing happens. I have set up .htm and .html files to open in Chrome..
    every once in awhile when I click on a link it will open up, but in most emails from most senders, I can not.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

:)

Barbs, Jun 19, 2017

2. Why can't I click on any "links" in my MSN Explorer e-mail now that I'm using Windows 10 Mail

Before I had Windows 10 I was using MSN Explorer to access my e-mails etc. And at that time when I got a hyperlink in an e-mail from someone etc I was able to click on it and open it from there in my MSN e-mail through MSN Explorer. Ever since I upgraded
    to Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mail I'm not able to click on any hyperlinks in my MSN e-mail through MSN Explorer any more. Now I have to access, click on the hyperlink in Windows 10 Mail only for it to open and work. Why is that? Why can't I click the hyperlink
    from either area whether from my MSN Explorer or Windows 10 Mail to open the hyperlink? When I got an e-mail it goes to my MSN Explorer e-mail and Windows 10 Mail. To me it just seems that I should be able to open the hyperlink from any location where I get
    my e-mails. But for some reason now ever since Windows 10 arrived, I'm not able to click on any hyperlinks in my MSN Explorer e-mail. Is this a "default"? Now that Winodws 10 mail is here?

SAMSON JOE, Jun 19, 2017
  3. Windows 10 mail app HTML rendering for hyperlinks

Hi,

As per the above query you are not able to remove underline for some hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail app.

If you are referring to only removing the underline of the hyperlink than follow the below steps :

1. Select the hyperlink .i.e. Point the cursor to the start point of the hyperlink press left click and drag till the end.

2. Click on the underline option in the mail app.

Underline will be removed for the hyperlink.

Keep us informed with the status of the issue.
    Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 19, 2017
  4. clicking hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail

Hi Barbs.

Please open settings and head to apps. In V1607 it is part of System, in 1703 it has its own box.

Select default apps. On the right scroll all the way to bottom => Set default by app.

It will take a while to show, click on Chrome, click on "Choose defaults for this program. A window will open. Near top is a box to Select all.

Watch the extension PDF. You may wish to leave this with what ever program you are currently using. Then click Save.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 22, 2017
Thema:

clicking hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail

1. clicking hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail - Similar Threads - clicking hyperlinks mail

2. hyperlink in Mail for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hyperlink in Mail for Windows 10: Please let me know how to get rid of the hyperlink text when moving my mouse over it in my email... Mail for Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlink-in-mail-for-windows-10/63c40a76-54d0-4a00-bdf0-1499f2a2bd1e
  3. The hyperlinks in Mail do not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    The hyperlinks in Mail do not work: When I receive an e-mail that contains a link, when I click on the link, there is an error message saying something like "We were not able to open the link with the details of the link". If I copy the link and paste it in a browser, the link opens. I tried to reinitialize...
  4. Windows 10 mail hyperlinks not working with new Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail hyperlinks not working with new Microsoft Edge Browser: Hi, I just updated my computer the the latest Microsoft Edge browser. Microsoft Edge runs in the background and on the task bar the Edge icon flashes when I click on a hyperlink on Windows 10 mail; However, Edge browser does not pop up to screen. Is there a setting I have...
  5. remove hyperlinks in Windows 10 Mail. Should be right-click "remove hyperlink" option for...

remove hyperlinks in Windows 10 Mail. Should be right-click "remove hyperlink" option for...: Should be right-click "remove hyperlink" option for selected text. Moved from: Outlook.com Email Composing email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-hyperlinks-in-windows-10-mail-should-be/a3db7a95-2ce0-4f50-96cc-0e294f36dc1f
  6. Unable to open hyperlinks in Windows 10 Mail App

Unable to open hyperlinks in Windows 10 Mail App: I am unable to open any links if Chrome or Firefox is set as my default browser but I am successful if Edge is the default. Any clue what might be causing this?...
  7. Opening hyperlinks in Microsoft Mail

Opening hyperlinks in Microsoft Mail: When I try to open a hyperlink in Microsoft Mail (Windows 10, Microsoft 365), the link opens in Chrome but does not automatically pop-up on screen. The Chrome icon on the taskbar just flashes and I must then click on the Chrome icon to view the link's content. Is there a way...
  8. Outlook - can't click on hyperlinks?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook - can't click on hyperlinks?: Windows 10 home, laptop. In Outlook things have always worked FINE... Open mail, read mail, delete mail, normal mail stuff. When necessary, click Unsubscribe link in an email and follow it. This afternoon, suddenly, can't follow links. Outlook throws up a popup that says:...
  9. Hyperlinks are not working in Windows 10 Mail app

Hyperlinks are not working in Windows 10 Mail app: The hyperlinks contained in the emails I receive in Windows 10 Mail app are not taking me to the link destination. Instead, I'm taken to a Google starting page. * Moved from outlook.com...
  10. Hyperlinks not working consistently in Microsoft Mail

Hyperlinks not working consistently in Microsoft Mail: Hyperlinks do not work or contain links in the mail. When you receive an email and when you open regardless in outlook, Gmail or in yahoo itself you always see a blue line under the hyperlink. All you have to do is to move your mouse over and click on it and links open and...