Windows 10: Clicking Noise and Computer Crash, Please Help!

Discus and support Clicking Noise and Computer Crash, Please Help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi folks, I’m new to this sub, but I hoped this was an appropriate place to put this. I’ve had my Asus laptop for 5 1/2 years now. It’s seen heavy duty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Themeteorologist35, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Clicking Noise and Computer Crash, Please Help!

Hi folks, I’m new to this sub, but I hoped this was an appropriate place to put this. I’ve had my Asus laptop for 5 1/2 years now. It’s seen heavy duty use pretty much every day since I’ve bought it. I’m running Windows 10 on it as well. Right now, my computer will run for 10-20 minutes, then a loud “CLICK” noise will happen, and my computer will crash. I’ve tried a lot of different things, but can’t get it to work. I plan on getting a new gaming pc soon, but I am super tight on cash unfortunately. Any help as to what the issue is or how I can extend its life? Thanks in advance Clicking Noise and Computer Crash, Please Help! :)

submitted by /u/Themeteorologist35
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Themeteorologist35, Nov 20, 2019

2. Clicking noise in system?

Hi everyone,

I've searched over the internet to try to find out what in the world is happening in my system. I try to avoid posting help questions, but I am truly stumped and I cannot find any answers online. I am wondering if any of the smart TPU users have any clue what is happening.

I keep hearing "clicks" in my system. I mine scrypt coins using my GPUs, so they are almost constantly pegged at 100% load. My miner occasionally switches pools or loses connection, causing the GPUs to drop to 0% load for a short period. The thing I notice is that when the GPU load drops from 100% to 0%, I immediately hear an audible "click" in my system, and the "click" happens again immediately as the GPUs return from 0% to 100% usage. The "click" definitely isn't random, and it is not sustained under zero load or 100% load; it only occurs when changing states.

The pressing questions I have is if anyone can help me trace this to a specific component and if this will result in any long term damage to my system.

Other internet forums I read where people reported "clicking" noises suggested checking fans for bearings or to see if the blades are striking one component, but I cannot see any such issues in my system and since the noise is not constant it's unlikely to be a rotating fan. I would best describe it as sounding like a small mechanical relay engaging, but I thought modern computers were all solid state?

Thanks for the help.

The Von Matrices, Nov 20, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Clicking Noise and Computer Crash, Please Help!

Help with Crashing computer!

Hi,

The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with the Windows components of your computer. With that said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you notice any changes on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Have you tried updating the video card driver of your computer? If so, did you experience the same issue?
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.

Charianne Per, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Clicking Noise and Computer Crash, Please Help!

1. Clicking Noise and Computer Crash, Please Help! - Similar Threads - Clicking Noise Computer

2. New computer build keeps crashings, please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer build keeps crashings, please help!: Below is a link to my last few dump files. Any help will be greatly appreciated.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10h6qKzQlFjHYcEsWxk8FTPH4mM8IQppV?usp=sharingBelow is my CPUZ Verificationhttps://valid.x86.fr/yfimqmHopefully I have provided enough information. Thanks...
  3. New computer build keeps crashings, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer build keeps crashings, please help!: Below is a link to my last few dump files. Any help will be greatly appreciated.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10h6qKzQlFjHYcEsWxk8FTPH4mM8IQppV?usp=sharingBelow is my CPUZ Verificationhttps://valid.x86.fr/yfimqmHopefully I have provided enough information. Thanks...
  4. Computer keeps crashing and restarting, Please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps crashing and restarting, Please help: This has been happening for 3-4 months now, where my computer will crash, and then restart. I do not see a blue screen or any error screen before the crash, the computer only restarts. I turned off the auto restart when the PC crashes and I still did not get a blue or error...
  5. please help me my computer crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    please help me my computer crashing: hello guys please help me my computer is huawei matebook x pro i7 gen 8 ram 16GB hard 512GB ssd, a month ago i run android studio and vscode and emulator its work fine without any crash but in this week only run android studio and emulatotr my computer crash not only android...
  6. Annoying clicking noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Annoying clicking noise: Hello I got an annoying clicking noise while listening Youtube. I did removed and reinstall the NVIDIA audio driver, but noise is still there. Edit: Clicking noise like static is heard even when there in nothing playing on Youtube. Any idea Any help appreciated 143346
  7. Annoying clicking noise

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying clicking noise: Hello I got an annoying clicking noise while listening Youtube. I did removed and reinstall the NVIDIA audio driver, but noise is still there. Any idea? Any help appreciated 143346
  8. Computer crashing during games - please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing during games - please help!: Hi all, I am running the latest build of Windows 10, and I am having a problem whereby my PC will crash during games. It will hard reset itself with no warning, or it will freeze and I have no option but to hard reset it myself. It happens in more demanding games like Blops...
  9. Please help windows 10 is crashing computers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help windows 10 is crashing computers: I'm posting on behalf of myself and a handful of others, all have gateways, all had windows 8.1, all recently updated to windows 10. Everything seemed fine with the installation, for about a day. Then when the computers turns on the next day we all run into this message "your...
  10. Please Help! Loud Static Noise From Speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please Help! Loud Static Noise From Speakers: I have a HP Pavilion 15-n020nr andfor no reason at all my laptop started making this noise. At first it was intermittent static, almost like static beeping, but then it became steady. I restarted my laptop, but it started up again once I turned it back on. I also heard it...