Windows 10: clicking on audio/volume icon does nothing after you restart

Discus and support clicking on audio/volume icon does nothing after you restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; clicking on audio/volume icon does nothing after you restart this is temporarily fixed by restarting 'windows explorer' happened on old laptop also,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by win10user999, May 17, 2020.

1. clicking on audio/volume icon does nothing after you restart

clicking on audio/volume icon does nothing after you restart

this is temporarily fixed by restarting 'windows explorer'

happened on old laptop also, now happens on new laptop (i hate computer, it's 2020...)

how to permanently fix?

:)

win10user999, May 17, 2020

2. Disappearing volume control icon on taskbar

Hi Brad,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in volume icon settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issue with other user accounts?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off and then turn on volume icon. Check if it helps.

Method 1: I recommend you to try to turn on the system icon for volume by following below steps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Turn system icons on and off" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Turn off and then try to turn on the volume icon
    from the list.

If the issue still persist, refer to the method below.

Method 2: Try to update the audio driver in the Device Manager and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand Audio inputs and outputs.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with volume icon on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 17, 2020
  3. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, May 17, 2020
  4. clicking on audio/volume icon does nothing after you restart

Volume icon wont open

Hi,

Corrupted system files and Windows update components may trigger issues in opening the
    volume icon on your taskbar. For us to rectify your issue, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Choose Taskbar.
    • Under the Notification area, click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • Toggle off the Volume option.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Perform steps 1-5, then toggle on the Volume option.

Verify if you will be able to launch the volume icon on your taskbar after performing the procedures above. This will refresh the default settings enabled on your taskbar.

Do not hesitate to reply if you need more help.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 17, 2020
Thema:

clicking on audio/volume icon does nothing after you restart

1. clicking on audio/volume icon does nothing after you restart - Similar Threads - clicking audio volume

2. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking search does nothing: When I click on the search box beside start menu it does not do anything at all. It happens suddenly since it is working last week. It is the first time I turn on the computer this week and I noticed that the search box is not working. I check if there is any pending updates...
  3. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking search does nothing: When I click on the search box beside start menu it does not do anything at all. It happens suddenly since it is working last week. It is the first time I turn on the computer this week and I noticed that the search box is not working. I check if there is any pending updates...
  4. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Clicking a Notification Does Nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking a Notification Does Nothing: Both clicking the notification pop-up and clicking the notification in the Action Centre does nothing. I have Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19041. After Googling I found multiple suggestions ranging from elaborate fixes by messing with the registry or completely reinstalling...
  6. Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing: Hi there, I've installed a few new updates recently and ever since yesterday, when I click on the Network icon, a grey box appears with the loading wheel and then disappears. [ATTACH] However, if I go into the lock screen Win+L I can still access the list from there?...
  7. Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon: Why does nothing happen when I click the Activate by phone icon in Windows 10? If I go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation and then click on the link toActivate by phone, nothing happens. Also, if I try to activate Windows 10 by opening a command prompt and...
  8. Left Click on Speaker Icon in tray does NOTHING! Oct Update!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Left Click on Speaker Icon in tray does NOTHING! Oct Update!!!!!!!!: When I left Click on Speaker Icon in tray it does NOTHING! This is due to Oct Update. I now have to type "Audio" in search. WHY? Non Sequitur to helping! I use HDMI to watch TV from online. Close to 50% of my time I am there and then need to change it again. _Three...
  9. Network icon showing but clicking does nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network icon showing but clicking does nothing: Hello. I have recently clean installed Windows 10 CU. I am testing Windows 10 in a dual boot scenario with my Windows 7 installation. I have done about a dozen installs but this is the first time this problem has occurred. The Network Icon shows up in the system tray....
  10. Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing: I am able to display the Touch Keyboard icon in the taskbar but when I click on the Touch Keyboard icon nothing happens (the Touch Keyboard does not pop up). It used to work in Windows 8.1 but when I upgraded to Win 10 it no longer displays. I'm not talking about the...