Windows 10: Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing

Discus and support Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I've installed a few new updates recently and ever since yesterday, when I click on the Network icon, a grey box appears with the loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JacDood, Oct 15, 2020.

1. JacDood Win User

Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing

Hi there,

I've installed a few new updates recently and ever since yesterday, when I click on the Network icon, a grey box appears with the loading wheel and then disappears.

Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing a0f7e119-15ca-4f20-9bbb-b5ad8197d6ea?upload=true.png

However, if I go into the lock screen Win+L I can still access the list from there?

I've tried as many tutorials I can see including:

Radio Management Service

Windows Shell Commands

Command lines regarding out of data wifi adapters

Resetting/updating and turning on and off the wifi drivers

Restaring the computer and re-opening Windows Explorer

Restarting the computer in Safe Mode

Turning Airplane Mode On and Off

If I click show available networks from the 'Settings' App - this also shows nothing. I know it's not the end of the world but not knowing how to fix it is driving me insane! Does anyone have any other ideas I could try? I don't really want to re-install windows as I guess I will loose all the Asus ROG software on the computer Asus G14 - Thanks in advance - I'm migrating from a Mac so honeslty have no idea what to do...

Cheers,

J

:)

JacDood, Oct 15, 2020

2. How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Unable to see wireless network on clicking on Wireless Icon in system tray but still connected to Wifi network. System hangs if continous click on that icon

Many thanks Anju for your reply and help. Actually I am able to connect to the network and able to access internet as well. But issue is with when I click on Wireless icon which is in system tray then window opens but at time it doesn't show any networks,
    not even my network with which I am still connected. After some clicks on the same icon system hangs. I have done system recovery as well but issue still comes. Also networks appear for time and don't appear after some time for a long period of time. I will
    perform the steps you have mentioned above.

Chandra_Prakash02, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing

not able to left click on system icon

Hello Jorge,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the left click is not working on system tray icons. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the questions below.

• What are you referring to right click enter in Windows 7 mode?
    • Are you referring system icons to system tray icons?
    • Is the issue specific to system icons?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent update?
    • Are you facing this issue in any other accounts also?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing

1. Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing - Similar Threads - Clicking Network Icon

2. network icon in the system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network icon in the system tray: This is strange — I was having an issue with my cable service. The cable/wire to the house had to be replaced. Once the physical wire was replaced, the cable modem initializes and my devices connected. My phone connected via wi-fy and my roku connected via ethernet...
  3. network icon in the system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network icon in the system tray: This is strange — I was having an issue with my cable service. The cable/wire to the house had to be replaced. Once the physical wire was replaced, the cable modem initializes and my devices connected. My phone connected via wi-fy and my roku connected via ethernet...
  4. network icon in the system tray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Disable clicking on Time/Date icon in System Tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable clicking on Time/Date icon in System Tray: Hi community, does anyone know how I can disable users from being able to click to expand the time/date icon to prevent them showing the full calendar with agenda and add events options? I have turned off app access to the calendar but clicking it still shows those options....
  6. System Tray Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  7. Left Click on Speaker Icon in tray does NOTHING! Oct Update!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Left Click on Speaker Icon in tray does NOTHING! Oct Update!!!!!!!!: When I left Click on Speaker Icon in tray it does NOTHING! This is due to Oct Update. I now have to type "Audio" in search. WHY? Non Sequitur to helping! I use HDMI to watch TV from online. Close to 50% of my time I am there and then need to change it again. _Three...
  8. System Tray icon for Network Access

System Tray icon for Network Access: I see the speaker icon next to the ethernet in your picture. I looked again and I believe you are correct. That is the speaker icon.
  9. System Tray Icons and network connections

System Tray Icons and network connections: One good result (consequence?) of this is that that sleep function is behaving better. Weird.
  10. Network icon showing but clicking does nothing

Network icon showing but clicking does nothing: Hello. I have recently clean installed Windows 10 CU. I am testing Windows 10 in a dual boot scenario with my Windows 7 installation. I have done about a dozen installs but this is the first time this problem has occurred. The Network Icon shows up in the system tray....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clicking network icon does nothing