Windows 10: Clicking on search box used to open timeline - not anymore

Discus and support Clicking on search box used to open timeline - not anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When i click on the windows search box (next to the start button) it opens up a box, but it does not display my latest documents, webpages etc. It only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Damun, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Damun Win User

Clicking on search box used to open timeline - not anymore

When i click on the windows search box (next to the start button) it opens up a box, but it does not display my latest documents, webpages etc. It only shows the most popular apps.
    It used to display a timeline with most recent items.
    I haven't actively disabled anything so i must asume that either something is broken or that this feature has been discontinued in v. 2004?

:)

Damun, Oct 4, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Clicking on search box used to open timeline - not anymore

Search Box

Hi Aliya,

I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Right click on Start and select Control panel.
    • Find troubleshooting and click on it.
    • Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.
    I hope this information helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Clicking on search box used to open timeline - not anymore

1. Clicking on search box used to open timeline - not anymore - Similar Threads - Clicking search box

2. search box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    search box: Search box at bottom of screen not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/222af729-a72c-4d66-b2d8-114ee4d73ea6
  3. search box

in Cortana
    search box: How do I recover the search box in the task bar after hiding it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/a9b7e2bc-254a-4315-af46-5228ef3f1e80
  4. Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box

in Browsers and Email
    Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box: I did about two hours of research on this, and only found several similar issue, and none seem to have had a real fix. Some say it randomly stopped working, and then randomly started working again, and just about all said they reset about everything they can think of (which I...
  5. Search Boxes

in Cortana
    Search Boxes: Hello, no text appears in any of the windows search boxes including Edge, windows store app, the search box on the taskbar or within any open windows when my documents are open etc Text appears when I type commands when using Win+R. I have searched for fixes and tried all...
  6. search box

in Cortana
    search box: there is no search box on my taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/039f26cd-e174-4222-a3e3-f4f79c6afc50"
  7. SEARCH BOX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SEARCH BOX: Why is the search box not showing up after logging in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/568d9573-17d0-477c-805d-c1e4837c8104
  8. Search boxes does not respond to keyboard anymore !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Search boxes does not respond to keyboard anymore !!: The search boxes in Apps and Features or in the Settings or searching for any app in the start menu all dont respond any more to my keyboard like there is not keystrokes at all !!! What is this problem ? Windows 10 updated to latest. 131523
  9. How To open Timeline

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To open Timeline: I was curious enough to think there might be and there is, indeed (no surprise, really), a K/B shortcut to Timeline. It is Win+Tab. Maybe, y'all, already, know about this LOL Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  10. Open and Use Timeline in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Use Timeline in Windows 10: How to: Open and Use Timeline in Windows 10 How to Open and Use Timeline in Windows 10 Timeline is available in Windows 10 starting with build 17063. It can be difficult to get back to stuff you were working on in the past. You might sometimes forget which site or...