Windows 10: Clicking on search box used to open timeline - not anymore

Discus and support Clicking on search box used to open timeline - not anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When i click on the windows search box (next to the start button) it opens up a box, but it does not display my latest documents, webpages etc. It only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Damun, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Damun Win User

Clicking on search box used to open timeline - not anymore

When i click on the windows search box (next to the start button) it opens up a box, but it does not display my latest documents, webpages etc. It only shows the most popular apps.
    It used to display a timeline with most recent items.
    I haven't actively disabled anything so i must asume that either something is broken or that this feature has been discontinued in v. 2004?

:)

Damun, Oct 4, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Clicking on search box used to open timeline - not anymore

Search Box

Hi Aliya,

I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Right click on Start and select Control panel.
    • Find troubleshooting and click on it.
    • Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.
    I hope this information helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Clicking on search box used to open timeline - not anymore

1. Clicking on search box used to open timeline - not anymore - Similar Threads - Clicking search box

2. Right click does not open files anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click does not open files anymore.: Hello,When right clicking on a file in the taskbar, menu appears with the last opened files. From there you can open a file directly. This is not working anymore....
  3. Right click does not open files anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click does not open files anymore.: Hello,When right clicking on a file in the taskbar, menu appears with the last opened files. From there you can open a file directly. This is not working anymore....
  4. Search Box is not opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Box is not opening in Windows 10: Hello!My search box is not opening in Windows 10 can you fix it??It is showing only borders of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-is-not-opening-in-windows-10/74995cf1-418c-4d3c-9cd7-a5b307085bf2
  5. start menu and search box is not responding on clicking

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu and search box is not responding on clicking: Need help start menu,search box and notification not working inshort tried windows settings and services is not opening and its just freeze. I have tried all available solution from youtube but its ain't working...
  6. Search using file name box in the "Open file" window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search using file name box in the "Open file" window: OK, so let's see if I can explain this clearly.I'm using PDF Annotator on a Surface Pro 7 / Windows 10 Home. In the app, if I click the Open File icon I get the what looks like the system file explorer window pop up. If I have the physical keyboard attached and I start...
  7. Windows Search Box Is not Opening When I Click it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Search Box Is not Opening When I Click it: I cannot open Windows Search box. When I click it, nothing shows up as if I didn't click the search box. I tried everything on internet but it didn't work. What can I do?...
  8. Search boxes does not respond to keyboard anymore !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Search boxes does not respond to keyboard anymore !!: The search boxes in Apps and Features or in the Settings or searching for any app in the start menu all dont respond any more to my keyboard like there is not keystrokes at all !!! What is this problem ? Windows 10 updated to latest. 131523
  9. How To open Timeline

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To open Timeline: I was curious enough to think there might be and there is, indeed (no surprise, really), a K/B shortcut to Timeline. It is Win+Tab. Maybe, y'all, already, know about this LOL Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  10. Open and Use Timeline in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Use Timeline in Windows 10: How to: Open and Use Timeline in Windows 10 How to Open and Use Timeline in Windows 10 Timeline is available in Windows 10 starting with build 17063. It can be difficult to get back to stuff you were working on in the past. You might sometimes forget which site or...