Windows 10: Clicking on "Set up my pin" doesn't work

Discus and support Clicking on "Set up my pin" doesn't work in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I got a new pc and tried to boot into Windows 10 with my old hard drive. I managed to get to the log in screen but it showed this message instead of... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ave'yonMoore, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Clicking on "Set up my pin" doesn't work

I got a new pc and tried to boot into Windows 10 with my old hard drive. I managed to get to the log in screen but it showed this message instead of the pin box: "Your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin again.". I clicked "Set up my PIN" and it booted me back to the lock screen. I tried clicking on it again and nothing happened.

:)

Ave'yonMoore, Apr 24, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Clicking on "Set up my pin" doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 24, 2022
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Apr 24, 2022
  4. Clicking on "Set up my pin" doesn't work

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 24, 2022
Thema:

Clicking on "Set up my pin" doesn't work

1. Clicking on "Set up my pin" doesn't work - Similar Threads - Clicking Set pin

2. Clicking on "Set up my pin" doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking on "Set up my pin" doesn't work: I got a new pc and tried to boot into Windows 10 with my old hard drive. I managed to get to the log in screen but it showed this message instead of the pin box: "Your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin...
  3. Clicking on "Set up my pin" doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking on "Set up my pin" doesn't work: I got a new pc and tried to boot into Windows 10 with my old hard drive. I managed to get to the log in screen but it showed this message instead of the pin box: "Your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin...
  4. Your PIN isn't available, Click to set up your PIN again. Set up my PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Your PIN isn't available, Click to set up your PIN again. Set up my PIN: Windows 10, Local account with admin rightsWhen I was signed-in, I changed the PIN successfullyAs I locked my screen, I tried to sign-in again through thumb, but windows says: "Your PIN is required to sign-in"I changed my sign-in options to PIN, but its not allowing me to...
  5. Your PIN isn't available, Click to set up your PIN again. Set up my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PIN isn't available, Click to set up your PIN again. Set up my PIN: Windows 10, Local account with admin rightsWhen I was signed-in, I changed the PIN successfullyAs I locked my screen, I tried to sign-in again through thumb, but windows says: "Your PIN is required to sign-in"I changed my sign-in options to PIN, but its not allowing me to...
  6. Your PIN isn't available, Click to set up your PIN again. Set up my PIN

7. Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again doesn't work.: So, I tried logging in to my pc today and I got this message saying "Something happened and your PIn isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." I click "Set up my PIN", and it doesn't do anything, and since it's the only option I have since I hadn't enabled logging in...
  8. Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again doesn't work.

Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again doesn't work.: So, I tried logging in to my pc today and I got this message saying "Something happened and your PIn isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." I click "Set up my PIN", and it doesn't do anything, and since it's the only option I have since I hadn't enabled logging in...
  9. Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again doesn't work.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Pin set up not working

Pin set up not working: Hi,My laptop had to be wiped after it needed a new motherboard and on return I had to set up my account etc again, but didn’t have to use the pin or make any changes etc to it to do this.I also changed my email for my Microsoft account when setting up as that old email...