Windows 10: Clicking on settings button in windows 10 and it does not open settings up.........

Discus and support Clicking on settings button in windows 10 and it does not open settings up......... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've checked the web looking for a simple way to re-activate my settings on windows 10. Really a bit confusing. Is there a simple way? Otherwise I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DebGriffith1, May 17, 2020.

1. Clicking on settings button in windows 10 and it does not open settings up.........

I've checked the web looking for a simple way to re-activate my settings on windows 10. Really a bit confusing. Is there a simple way? Otherwise I will not get all the new updates. Thanks much

:)

DebGriffith1, May 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, May 17, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Clicking on settings button in windows 10 and it does not open settings up.........

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Clicking on settings button in windows 10 and it does not open settings up.........

1. Clicking on settings button in windows 10 and it does not open settings up......... - Similar Threads - Clicking settings button

2. Settings app does not open Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app does not open Windows 10: Hi!I recently had some troubles with my pc and after fixing it, my settings application does not seem to work anymore. If i want to do anything within settings, the application does not pop up or seem to work at all. The only response i get is when i right click the desktop...
  3. Settings app does not open Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app does not open Windows 10: Hi!I recently had some troubles with my pc and after fixing it, my settings application does not seem to work anymore. If i want to do anything within settings, the application does not pop up or seem to work at all. The only response i get is when i right click the desktop...
  4. Settings app does not open Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Setting Does Not Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Does Not Open: Hello!I'm having an issue with my settings for months now and no one is able to help me fix it. I want to access my setting to change a few things on my computer or add another user, but whenever I click on Setting, the window does not open whatsoever. I tried going through...
  6. Setting Does Not Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Does Not Open: Hello!I'm having an issue with my settings for months now and no one is able to help me fix it. I want to access my setting to change a few things on my computer or add another user, but whenever I click on Setting, the window does not open whatsoever. I tried going through...
  7. Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive: so as the title says, nothing is working all of a sudden. i cant access my settings, i cant access the start button, i cant access my mail on my toolbar. i can still access other things on my toolbar but those things dont work. ive tried a few fixes through powershell but to...
  8. startup settings does not open when i click restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup settings does not open when i click restart: when i go to advanced option and click startup settings and when i click restart..its does not show the options screen instead my win 10 laptop restarts normally and go to log in screen....plz help me to fix this issue...
  9. In Windows 10 settings app does not open

In Windows 10 settings app does not open: Today I update my window 10, then i see that the setting option is doesn't working. Please tell me how i solve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-settings-app-does-not-open/1cd94f8b-99d7-4c38-b2dd-936362d92a9d
  10. Start menu, settings button and some 'searches' not opening when clicked

Start menu, settings button and some 'searches' not opening when clicked: Hi, I am having a problem with my surface 3 laptop I press the start button and type 'updates' , and best match is 'Check for Updates'. I try to click it and nothing happens. If I type, for example ' edge', best match, 'Microsoft Edge Browser' and I click on it, the...