Windows 10: Clicking on the 'Screenshot saved' notification does not open File Explorer.

Discus and support Clicking on the 'Screenshot saved' notification does not open File Explorer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm running it on two PC's. Bad PC - it used to work. After taking a screenshot - full screen or active window it used to open File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Furatus, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Furatus Win User

Clicking on the 'Screenshot saved' notification does not open File Explorer.

I'm running it on two PC's.

Bad PC - it used to work. After taking a screenshot - full screen or active window it used to open File Explorer 'Screenshots' location when I clicked in the notification panel. Something broke, and it doesn't do it anymore.

Good PC - everything works 'as advertised' - clicking the panel opens the Explorer in the 'Screenshots' location.

I tried to move the location and changed the properties of 'screenshots' folder - first one still behaves this way, the second one works correctly.

Any help? Thanks for your time!

:)

Furatus, Jun 29, 2020

2. Clicking on notification of screenshots automatically saved to OneDrive no longer opens Screenshots folder

Clicking on notification of screenshots automatically saved to OneDrive no longer opens Screenshots folder whereas it did previously. Screenshot is automatically saved in that folder but it now requires opening the folder manually.

Evern Otes, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 29, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

NEW Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0 Scores

O.k. let's do this one more time(been done pretty much twice in this thread already). Now pay attention. I'm going to go through it step by step again, in thorough detail this time. This is for Windows 10. But most of it will apply to earlier OSs. You just have to adjust the method accordingly.
    • Press F12 at the end of the benchmark when your score is shown to take a screenshot of it
    • Then open File Explorer > This PC > C: (or whichever drive your OS is installed on) > Users > User Name > Valley > screenshots
    • Find the screenshot with your high score in the screenshots folder(preview it by left clicking on it to be sure you've got the correct one, if there are many to choose from)
    • Point to and right click on the screenshot with your high score > point to Open with > then point to and left click on Paint
    • In Paint point to and left click on File > then point to Save as > then point to and left click on JPEG picture > then, after taking note of where the JPEG picture is going to be saved, point to and left click on Save
    • You can now post the screenshot in this thread by using Upload a File at the bottom right of the page
    • To do so point to and left click on Upload a File > then point to and left click on Browse > then point to and select(by left clicking on) the screenshot from wherever it was saved during step #5
    • Now that you've uploaded the screenshot to TPU, insert it into your post by pointing to and left clicking on Thumbnail or Full Image(under the file name and Insert: )
    • That's how easy this is to post a high quality FULL screenshot for this thread people *Smile Clicking on the 'Screenshot saved' notification does not open File Explorer. :)
    See.

Clicking on the 'Screenshot saved' notification does not open File Explorer. 00178-jpg.jpg

MrGenius, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Clicking on the 'Screenshot saved' notification does not open File Explorer. - Similar Threads - Clicking 'Screenshot saved'

2. iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer: I have a folder that contains screenshots from my iPhone. Their file type is PNG. When using File Explorer I select Preview Pane ON, but it will NOT show a preview of my file. Interestingly, it WILL show the file if I'm logged in as an Administrator. Surely there's a way to...
  3. iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer: I have a folder that contains screenshots from my iPhone. Their file type is PNG. When using File Explorer I select Preview Pane ON, but it will NOT show a preview of my file. Interestingly, it WILL show the file if I'm logged in as an Administrator. Surely there's a way to...
  4. iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto save screenshots to file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto save screenshots to file: When I take a screenshot, the screenshot is saved in clipboard when the option, 'Auto copy to clipboard' is turned on. However, if I want to save the image, I should save it manually every time I take screenshots. Plus, if I took the screenshot with the shortkey,...
  6. Auto save screenshots to file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto save screenshots to file: When I take a screenshot, the screenshot is saved in clipboard when the option, 'Auto copy to clipboard' is turned on. However, if I want to save the image, I should save it manually every time I take screenshots. Plus, if I took the screenshot with the shortkey,...
  7. Screenshots saved to desktop not opening/loading

Screenshots saved to desktop not opening/loading: I have an ongoing issue with opening/ loading screenshots & photos saved on my desktop. They open as a blank screen and seem to be loading until the below messages pop up - please help [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Clicking a Notification Does Nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking a Notification Does Nothing: Both clicking the notification pop-up and clicking the notification in the Action Centre does nothing. I have Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19041. After Googling I found multiple suggestions ranging from elaborate fixes by messing with the registry or completely reinstalling...
  9. Saved Word files will not open in file explorer, after clicking on the file name error...

Saved Word files will not open in file explorer, after clicking on the file name error...: After I save a download or a document and try to open it in file explorer the computer just spins with a green progress ball. I have to hit escape and then click the X to get out of the file window. Then all of my icons disappear from my desktop for a second and the computer...
  10. Saved Documents within File Explorer will not open

Saved Documents within File Explorer will not open: Help, I have a Windows 10 operating system on a Lenovo YOGA 730-13 Laptop. I also have OneDrive both personal and from Work. Currently, I save several types of documents Word, Excel, PPT, etc. within folders that I have created and placed on my Desktop. The Problem:...