Windows 10: clicking on the start button takes me to a search of the Internet, not my pc

Discus and support clicking on the start button takes me to a search of the Internet, not my pc in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I click on the start button, the search and menu screen comes up. When I attempt to search my PC, it takes me to the Internet. Any help you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rich144, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Rich144 Win User

clicking on the start button takes me to a search of the Internet, not my pc

When I click on the start button, the search and menu screen comes up. When I attempt to search my PC, it takes me to the Internet. Any help you can provide, I appreciate it. Thanks.

:)

Rich144, Aug 6, 2022
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 6, 2022
  3. dehermens Win User
    Left Click does nothing on start button

I was having the same problem. Of the five steps you list I tried the third. By going to Full Screen ON and then back to OFF, The menu came up fine when I left clicked. Thanks!

dehermens, Aug 6, 2022
  4. clicking on the start button takes me to a search of the Internet, not my pc

Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

clicking on the start button takes me to a search of the Internet, not my pc

1. clicking on the start button takes me to a search of the Internet, not my pc - Similar Threads - clicking start button

2. cant click start button and search bar

in Cortana
    cant click start button and search bar: hi, i just changed the the administrator in my C drive, it was normal before but then i restart my computer and now i cant click the start windows logo and the search bar. the windows button in my keyboard still work fine tho, i still can use Win+r and Win+I, oh and whenever...
  3. cant click start button and search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant click start button and search bar: hi, i just changed the the administrator in my C drive, it was normal before but then i restart my computer and now i cant click the start windows logo and the search bar. the windows button in my keyboard still work fine tho, i still can use Win+r and Win+I, oh and whenever...
  4. cant click start button and search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My search bar flashes when I click the start button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar flashes when I click the start button: I have a Dell AIO desktop with a second monitor connected. I recently replaced my Antivirus software. Now I notice that when I click the start button on the second monitor, the search bar on the main screen flashes. This does not happen the other way round. I contacted Dell...
  6. My search bar flashes when I click the start button

My search bar flashes when I click the start button: I have a Dell AIO desktop with a second monitor connected. I recently replaced my Antivirus software. Now I notice that when I click the start button on the second monitor, the search bar on the main screen flashes. This does not happen the other way round. I contacted Dell...
  7. clicking on the start button takes me to a search of the Internet, not my pc

clicking on the start button takes me to a search of the Internet, not my pc: When I click on the start button, the search and menu screen comes up. When I attempt to search my PC, it takes me to the Internet. Any help you can provide, I appreciate it. Thanks....
  8. clicking on the start button takes me to a search of the Internet, not my pc

in Cortana
    clicking on the start button takes me to a search of the Internet, not my pc: When I click on the start button, the search and menu screen comes up. When I attempt to search my PC, it takes me to the Internet. Any help you can provide, I appreciate it. Thanks....
  9. Click on Start button goes straight to search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Click on Start button goes straight to search bar: Whenever i click on windows 10 start button , the start menu does not open, rather the cursor appears in search bar everytime . I encountered this bug today only. I tried a lot of solutions to fix this but none worked for me . Is there a way i can fix this myself ? I have...
  10. Unable to click Start and Cortana search buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to click Start and Cortana search buttons: Hi, I was hoping I can get some advise here. Previously I posted it on Technet but no one answer. I have just upgraded 50 and more of my users to Windows 10 build 10586, and I realize that some of their search and Windows button are not responding when click. Steps...