Windows 10: Clicking on Windows Store shortcut and nothing happens.....

Discus and support Clicking on Windows Store shortcut and nothing happens..... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Here we go again, I had this problem in Windows 8 as well. This is a fresh install and it shouldn't be happening. I am using a local account - is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hannele2, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Hannele2 Win User

Clicking on Windows Store shortcut and nothing happens.....

Here we go again, I had this problem in Windows 8 as well. This is a fresh install and it shouldn't be happening. I am using a local account - is that the problem? Could it be something else?

:)

Hannele2, Jul 15, 2016

2. Clicking on stuff and nothing happens!

You're always welcome.

Since performing a clean boot did not resolve the issue, you can try these
    recovery options

Let us know how it goes.

Arnold Fra, Jul 15, 2016
  3. Jan Pac Win User
    Clicking on stuff and nothing happens!

Hello,

We're here to help.

Since you've mentioned that it all started when you downloaded a game from the internet, we suggest that you need to perform a clean boot. Please see this
    link for the instructions.

Keep us posted.

Thank you.

Jan Pac, Jul 15, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Kbird, Jul 16, 2016
  5. Hannele2 Win User
    Thanks Kbird - I did do a clean install on the drive where I previously had WIndows installed. Then I migrated old profiles and Programs manually by moving the folders over and matching the User profile with the old. Everything went fine and I only had to install a few pieces of software that had stopped working. It solved the issue with not being able to use the start button.

But this niggly problem is still there.

Are local profiles actually supposed to be able to access the stores?

I don't understand this In-place upgrade that's being mentioned a lot here. Does it allow the user to retain applications and settings or are they lot?

Hannele2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Clicking on Windows Store shortcut and nothing happens..... - Similar Threads - Clicking Store shortcut

2. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.: I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK yesterday morning after around a dozen reboots. But then the problem came back yesterday afternoon....
  3. Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?: Even if I click hundreds times on the calendar on the lower corner of my MSI Flip evo nothing is happening how to solve this issue? And it's not even the one, as I can't access on the windows defender saying the admin didn't give me the right.But I'm the only one admin?Please...
  4. Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?: Even if I click hundreds times on the calendar on the lower corner of my MSI Flip evo nothing is happening how to solve this issue? And it's not even the one, as I can't access on the windows defender saying the admin didn't give me the right.But I'm the only one admin?Please...
  5. microsoft store sign in button doing nothing i click on it and nothing happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store sign in button doing nothing i click on it and nothing happens: i was going to play minecraft with my little brother and i needed to sign in but an error code came up and i have been searching how to fix it all day then i tried to sign into microsoft store and when i pressed the sign in button nothing happend....
  6. microsoft store sign in button doing nothing i click on it and nothing happens

microsoft store sign in button doing nothing i click on it and nothing happens: i was going to play minecraft with my little brother and i needed to sign in but an error code came up and i have been searching how to fix it all day then i tried to sign into microsoft store and when i pressed the sign in button nothing happend....
  7. I click an app and nothing happens

I click an app and nothing happens: Hello, I have updated my windows yesterday and ever since then I have been having some issues opening certain apps, when I click “app”, nothing happens at all, not even an error message. I have read that the reason could be file corruptions after the update so I tried...
  8. Double clicked the .txt nothing happened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double clicked the .txt nothing happened: System version is win10 pro 2004 english customer edition, just upgraded from 1909, not using insider program, nothing happennot even a "not responding" popup both clicking .txt file and notepad.exe, tried this method, still couldnt fix it. How do i diagnostic or fix it? btw...
  9. I click upgrade, but nothing happens?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I click upgrade, but nothing happens?: I am running 8.1 pro 64 bit. I click the icon at the bottom, it says "this pc is compatible" and I click upgrade. I click continue and it checks for updates. None are found. No updates are hidden. I have read and seem to have all necessary updated already installed. Why would...
  10. Windows 10 settings-click and nothing happens

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 settings-click and nothing happens: Any to fix this? I click on settings and nothing happens 5469