Windows 10: Clicking or even pressing enter on a file deletes it

Discus and support Clicking or even pressing enter on a file deletes it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, ive been having this issue for the past year and i've tried completely formatting and re-installing windows. No matter what i do i always get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joseph Leza, May 29, 2023.

1. Clicking or even pressing enter on a file deletes it

Hello, ive been having this issue for the past year and i've tried completely formatting and re-installing windows. No matter what i do i always get this problem where whatever file i click on gets deleted instantly. i've even tried scrolling down using the arrow keys and pressing enter on a file. It will still attempt to delete it immediately. Any help would be appreciated thanks :"

:)

Joseph Leza, May 29, 2023
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

You would have to move your Page File to a different drive to get rid of that file, however you can make is smaller by adjusting the size in Windows.

To get rid of Hyberfile.sys you need to disable hibernation by doing the following:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press ENTER.
    • Type exit and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window
    Then you can delete the hyberfile.sys file.

newtekie1, May 29, 2023
  3. How do I delete registry files?

type in regedit in the search box and press enter. Then from here on, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING UNLESS U KNOW WHAT UR DOING!! Go to Hkey_Local_Machine > Software > Then a list of program registry keys will pop up, delete anything that is uninstalled. Make sure u backup the keys unless something goes wrong. To backup, you do: Select a group of keys on the left pane > Right click > Export > name it "whatever.reg" > save it. To import the backup, click the reg file and click "merge"

spearman914, May 29, 2023
  4. Vesao Win User

Clicking or even pressing enter on a file deletes it

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 29, 2023
Thema:

Clicking or even pressing enter on a file deletes it

1. Clicking or even pressing enter on a file deletes it - Similar Threads - Clicking pressing enter

2. My Dell Laptop keeps pressing enter automatically even though I'm not phisically pressing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell Laptop keeps pressing enter automatically even though I'm not phisically pressing it: The enter keys are NOT stuck, I have checked and even removed them, seems to be the system in some way. I have searched and tried re-installing any drivers present 4: on my Device Management page there are 3 HID Devices under Keyboard and 1 PS/2. I have updated, uninstalled...
  3. My Dell Laptop keeps pressing enter automatically even though I'm not phisically pressing it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Dell Laptop keeps pressing enter automatically even though I'm not phisically pressing it: The enter keys are NOT stuck, I have checked and even removed them, seems to be the system in some way. I have searched and tried re-installing any drivers present 4: on my Device Management page there are 3 HID Devices under Keyboard and 1 PS/2. I have updated, uninstalled...
  4. sticky notes auto deletes when i press enter

sticky notes auto deletes when i press enter: this is just outright annoying when i press enter sticky notes deletes it ill finish writing a sentence press enter and go to write on the next line only for it to remove the enter i put in and start writing on the previous line again .who thought this was a good idea it's...
  5. Pressing f11 does not enable/disable fullscreen even while pressing fn and entering and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing f11 does not enable/disable fullscreen even while pressing fn and entering and...: Pressing f11 does not enable/disable fullscreen even while pressing fn and entering and exiting fn lock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pressing-f11-does-not-enabledisable-fullscreen/40c553d5-7773-4c3d-bf81-ddee54bfd798
  6. Pressing f11 does not enable/disable fullscreen even while pressing fn and entering and...

Pressing f11 does not enable/disable fullscreen even while pressing fn and entering and...: Pressing f11 does not enable/disable fullscreen even while pressing fn and entering and exiting fn lock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pressing-f11-does-not-enabledisable-fullscreen/40c553d5-7773-4c3d-bf81-ddee54bfd798
  7. Clicking or even pressing enter on a file deletes it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking or even pressing enter on a file deletes it: Hello, ive been having this issue for the past year and i've tried completely formatting and re-installing windows. No matter what i do i always get this problem where whatever file i click on gets deleted instantly. i've even tried scrolling down using the arrow keys and...
  8. Clicking or even pressing enter on a file deletes it

Clicking or even pressing enter on a file deletes it: Hello, ive been having this issue for the past year and i've tried completely formatting and re-installing windows. No matter what i do i always get this problem where whatever file i click on gets deleted instantly. i've even tried scrolling down using the arrow keys and...
  9. Cannot delete when right click on folder or file also can't delete by pressing "Delete"...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot delete when right click on folder or file also can't delete by pressing "Delete"...: I am unable to delete any files or folders on my E: drive by right clicking and by pressing "Delete" button on keyboard. And also i cannot create for example txt document by right clicking. There is no "New" shortcut on right click. However on other drives C: and D: such a...
  10. Pressing enter opens right click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pressing enter opens right click menu: For some reason, it just happened randomly, every time I press the enter key on any software I'm on, it opens up a menu that should only open when I right click. This happens on word, google chrome, discord. I'm very confused as to how to fix this...